Notices

Title changing is extremely annoying and nothing but an ego trip

Old 09-25-2018, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 94 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Re: Title changing is extremely annoying and nothing but an ego trip

Truth be told, every bit of information ive ever needed, ive been able to find research in some way, shape, or form. Theres other ways of researching other than forums. Like contacting manufactors, tuners, etc..... I do understand to some point, how having a title changed could pose a problem of trying to find where your orginal thread or post was. Without any notice or pm from mods. But, its generally for future searches as stated.

Think about all the threads you searched thru countless times only to find useless info and time wasted. And how you could have easily found the info you needed, if this was established prior. I wouldnt say there is a power trip going on. I believe its more like, theyre mods here who actually want to help. Help the poster, by making sure others understand the post and threads started. And helping random people who just google honda problems whether common or not. Either way, to get a good detailed answer, a detailed question would be needed. Sometimes it mite require having the question adjusted or worded different. People intercept info differently.

then sometimes people just want opinions.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 286 Likes on 245 Posts

Since by a miracle unknown, this is still up for discussion, I'll weigh in legitimately. I have had a title or 2 changed and it caused me zero butthurt. I found it was tailored a bit more to the exact problem I was having. I had a recent thread started that has had, to this day, zero responses; and that could be that either A- NOBODY has ever had a problem like this and can't really offer any info, (which isn't true because I found lots of info on this problem that had no solution, or was a solution that did not apply to me) or B- the title is too specific to the brand and nobody has had this issue here with that brand. It was in regard to my 59300 cam binding up after installing. I may have benefitted a bit better if I left the brand out and just stated the problem I was having. I eventually figured out my problem, but Google didn't do much to help find answers as I found only 1 other thread detailing my problem, with my engine, to a T that had zero resolution. Anyhow.. Had the title been changed to state something a bit less specific and tailored to the problem particularly, maybe it would have reached more people because in the end, it didn't necessarily have anything to do with the cam rather than the install process; which could apply to ANY brand, including stock. While Shodan and I may not see eye-to-eye on a number of things, I find no fault in him changing titles to potentially clarify what's being asked.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShodan
I guess only Siouxbie can answer that, I certainly can't. . The funniest part about this whole deal is that the very title that he wrote for this very thread .. Was quite well-written. and I could understand what the underlying subject matter was before I even clicked on it. . So, with that said, I can somewhat infer that this "wag of the finger" was strictly about laziness or autocorrect, and Souixbie felt admonished or embarrassed in some way and less likely about some true infringement upon his privileges and rights as a contributing member of H-T...Who knows? I don't know the guy, and I'm ok with that.

But all kidding aside I do wish him well in whatever he decides for his build/cause/life, etc.
I couldn't lol. I opened this thread and even read the first post thinking it was about changing over vehicle titles from one party to the next and he had some grievance to air about his experience.

lolz
Old 09-26-2018, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I couldn't lol. I opened this thread and even read the first post thinking it was about changing over vehicle titles from one party to the next and he had some grievance to air about his experience.

lolz
same!
Therefore, it could use a title change!
Old 09-26-2018, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 254 Likes on 222 Posts

This forum chugged along just fine for how many years with out almost every other thread needing a title change?

Honda tech really dodged a bullet on that one
Old 09-26-2018, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Pepe14
This forum chugged along just fine for how many years with out almost every other thread needing a title change?

Honda tech really dodged a bullet on that one
Right and that's part of the reason trying to find information on here can be a task.

The downturn in activity has nothing to do with titles changing...
Old 09-26-2018, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

It's because everyone is too lazy to read so they watch YouTube videos by guys who halfway know wtf they
are taking about or they post on fb for car answers so they can be improperly informed by their friends.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 178 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by K7-1Ktrevor
It's because everyone is too lazy to read so they watch YouTube videos by guys who halfway know wtf they
are taking about or they post on fb for car answers so they can be improperly informed by their friends.
How do you even mechanic without watching mighty car mods b serious.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

For me help threads are almost 100% of the time a waste. People create threads with car runs like crap and you get 10 guys telling you 20 different things to replace or check for and most of the time they are wrong. Not because they don't know but because diagnosing a car issue over a forum can be a hard thing to do.

When I was searching on how to remove a roof skin, man did I see a lot of different suggestions on how to do it. People claiming to be professional body techs said not to use a spot weld cutter but to grind spot welds off, people said you do not need to remove the windshield or back glass which is flat wrong. So when I did it myself I actually showed how to do the process with pictures, the tools needed, the part numbers etc. So if someone right now was to search there is a pretty clear title and actual instructions on how to do it.