Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts
Default Re: Title changing is extremely annoying and nothing but an ego trip

what happened?
Old 09-24-2018, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just let people ask the question they want and not what you think they wanted to ask. Its so annoying that you have to tip toe around members feeling so hard here. Anyone asks something that's not perfectly worded and the OG's here just hate its pathetic. Sorry we are not all so highly educated. Hey what if we built a website where people could ask ANY QUESTION because hey maybe they need to learn. NOOOO NEVER F THAT WE KNOW ALL! Again get over yourselves. Either your here to help or your just an ******* that knows everything and can't help anyone else.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Dear diary... lol.

i think they do it like theshodan said in the last thread for future searches. Believe it or not the forum isn't just for you it's a good resource for many years to come so the easier it is to find topics by their title the better. Not sure why so much butt hert here.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't worry I expect ill be shut down very quickly. Just pointing it out for all the others who are thinking it. I guarantee its wayyyyyy more people than you want to deny. O wells just telling it like it is. Go ahead and shut me down because you can. Or you can step up, take the criticism and learn from it.

O and if you have ever used this new crazy thing called google its amazing. It actually can search and find key words in all the posts. Who would've guessed??? So crazy google doesn't know the difference between and tread title and other text on the same page. Mind blowing! The search will still work just fine.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:32 AM
Screw you guys, I'm... going... home.

Originally Posted by Siouxbie
Just let people ask the question they want and not what you think they wanted to ask. Its so annoying that you have to tip toe around members feeling so hard here. Anyone asks something that's not perfectly worded and the OG's here just hate its pathetic. Sorry we are not all so highly educated. Hey what if we built a website where people could ask ANY QUESTION because hey maybe they need to learn. NOOOO NEVER F THAT WE KNOW ALL! Again get over yourselves. Either your here to help or your just an ******* that knows everything and can't help anyone else.
I am definitely here to help. Your != you're. They are different words and mean different things. You're welcome.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tjbizzo
I am definitely here to help. Your != you're. They are different words and mean different things. You're welcome.
Lol thank you for providing an exact example! One day I aspire to know everything Honda like you. But until then it would be nice to utilize a forum without mod ego and being ridiculed for learning. Like I said before, take the criticism and learn or be an *******.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The reason things get changed sometimes is because you have people that create a Title "Want 1000whp on a budget" Then the thread starts like the below.

"Hi my name tom build a 1000whp motor but budget gots 4k LS motor rods fuel pump 800cc new dizzy need help motor wont start china turbo no name how come doesn't start how fix where to begin" Usually it's 18 more sentences of pure nothing and most don't even bother reading it.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude your preaching about being humble and not being a know it all but then in your threads you ask a question but don't wanna hear anyone's answers like you've already made up your mind. What is crying in here gonna accomplish? Trying to get the big bad moderators to just leave you alone lol.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by K7-1Ktrevor
Dude your preaching about being humble and not being a know it all but then in your threads you ask a question but don't wanna hear anyone's answers like you've already made up your mind. What is crying in here gonna accomplish? Trying to get the big bad moderators to just leave you alone lol.
What? No absolutely incorrect. In my threads I have repeatedly thanked others for their advice and opinions. I also have indicated several times I still need to do more research. So thanks for trying but you are completely full of ****.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts

Old 09-24-2018, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 255 Likes on 223 Posts

If you go back and compare the traffic in this subforum to the time shodan became a mod

youll find a pretty interesting drop in traffic
Old 09-24-2018, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 286 Likes on 245 Posts

NB4 thread lock!!
Old 09-24-2018, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 576 Likes on 382 Posts

I’ve had my titles changed and never thought anything about it, it’s usually done to better word things since I might not have asked or worded things correctly. You seem pretty upset over spilt milk
Old 09-24-2018, 05:46 PM
Premium Member

Received 163 Likes on 150 Posts

Old 09-24-2018, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I thought it was strange in the beggining but now it makes sense.
Think about it before you take the gun.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Pepe14
If you go back and compare the traffic in this subforum to the time shodan became a mod

You'll also find about 60% more bullshit, trolling, and shitposting. Honda-Tech had (and to an extent still has) a huge problem with immaturity. It has however improved significantly.

The title changes can sometimes seem a bit excessive, but he's doing it mostly to try to improve the searches people do off of Google to find answers.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC
The reason things get changed sometimes is because you have people that create a Title "Want 1000whp on a budget" Then the thread starts like the below.

"Hi my name tom build a 1000whp motor but budget gots 4k LS motor rods fuel pump 800cc new dizzy need help motor wont start china turbo no name how come doesn't start how fix where to begin" Usually it's 18 more sentences of pure nothing and most don't even bother reading it.
^this
Old 09-25-2018, 06:18 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

What? No absolutely incorrect. In my threads I have repeatedly thanked others for their advice and opinions. I also have indicated several times I still need to do more research. So thanks for trying but you are completely full of ****.
OH NO! SHOTS FIRED!! *snicker*...

Thank you for your input. But, no.. I'm not going anywhere unless finally given the go-ahead by the powers that be, to stop being a mod.

Unfortunately, contrary to popular belief, being a mod, is a lot like being a pre-school teacher; Lousy pay (in this case NO pay), constant crying and wiping of noses, cleaning up a lot of accidents and spills, break up an occasional fight or two and stick around to make sure that the kids "shake hands", and once in a while treat myself by participating in an activity with the rest of the class, to observe and help the kids grow and develop into older children.

As I stated in the other thread about title changes, (Just go ahead and re-read that, you seem like a relatively competent and intelligent human being ), this is more than just about the amount of "traffic" that this particular forum (or any of them for that matter) sees. I mean, I get it, its late, you're lazy, your phone's autocorrect feature is a PITA, and you want to just impatiently have your question answered.

In the meantime, what you may not realize is that everyone (if not everyone, I mean a large majority of viewers) that sees your wonderful "contribution" has to go through the detective work of discerning what in God's green Earth you're talking about, as they attempt to help you, only for you to respond like a cantankerous toddler that hasn't yet had his nap with "No! That's not what I meant!.. In fact, F*ck you! You suck! Answer the question or just go away.!!! Mommy! Help! I dropped my candy and i can't reach it!.... etc, etc., you know where this goes, amirite? ).

But H-T was always about getting / giving information, whether or not the people searching are part of the forum or not. To possibly a detriment to you, this may indeed interfere with the way that you're phrasing a question. People don't like to just click in and guess what the hell it is one is asking, or if it's even relevant. This Forum isn't a place for DMs or other social media monitoring in which you can just use the concept of "ready, fire, AIM" when it comes to the complexity of your question. I've tried asking and requesting that people think of the big picture for a very long time, and after very few results or feedback, I just made necessary changes to the titles so that they are more legible and comprehensive to the average soul that may have the same question you do, but can't understand what's being written. (The "Rover K-series" thread was a unique one, and was getting no contributions).

I only change what is necessary, and if I'm incorrect with a particular note of fact, I'll gladly change it to reflect your question more precisely. I've never had a problem with that. But really, look at the last 4 years of content thrown in here... Like in the Civic 92-00 forum.. (MY LORD!! ) WAY Too many four word titles that show the same information of topic, but then turns into something else. New thread creation may be down, (if that's what you consider as the measurement of forum "traffic", but that's because more people are contributing additional information to the same threads that exist because people understood the titles of them more thoroughly before contributing.

So, please stop the ridiculous "call to action / call for awareness" by raising your imaginative fist in discontent claiming the usual "1st Amendment" / People are just people rant. No one is squelching anyone's right's here. I'm not changing anyone's direction, and honestly, I don't like changing titles because as annoyed as you are seeing them changed, I'm just as annoyed in changing them. (It's like asking who's the real prisoner; the guard, or the actual inmate ).

But take an honest look. Compare the tech forums regarding information available to the other specific model & off-topic forums that have become a complete ****-show. You'll find that answers to questions are more easily found in Tech. If you're annoyed about this, then.. well, you see the guidance and direction its going. I can't change your behaviour, just guide the direction to where H-T doesn't become the cesspool that the other forums have become. (Remember the Y0! Wh3re Can I Getz those sw33t int8ks for VtEc Yo!, days?!?!? Yikes!).

I'm not on a high horse, or an elitist with some ridiculous narcissistic ideology. I just clean up the initial spills in the hallway so that no one walks through only to slip, fall, and bust their head open.

Sorry for the long explanation. (I'm sure my man here will make sure he has the last word edge-wise or give the usual TL;DR, or be disrespectful by saying "blah, blah, blah, (narcissist).. Blah..blah.. blah.. (Insert **** reference, or Safe space reference)... blah, blah, "*******" " comment after I'm done. But, that's been my approach to this, and it seems to have positive long term results, What can I say. You can't make an omelet without cracking a few eggs.

Last edited by TheShodan; 09-25-2018 at 06:43 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi, I'm AZ_CIVIC and I approve this message!
Old 09-25-2018, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

In for the rebuttal 👉💩
Old 09-25-2018, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Whatever you want to think Shodan. I simply called you out because it needed to be done. No one will over come your ego and that's fine. No need for a massive failed attempt at being so philosophical about a very simple problem. Just telling it like it is whether you want to admit it or not. I really don't understand your pure ignorance surrounding the google search though. You truly believe google knows the difference between a tread title and other text on the page? That is ridiculously stupid.

I also LOVE how much the OG's are weighing in on this one. If only they had this passion to just answer people's questions and not hate all the time. I'm done now go ahead, lock the thread and get a good jerk off while doing it. Don't forget to change the title to something you feel is more appropriate first. You know, for searching purposes.

Last edited by Siouxbie; 09-25-2018 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I still don't understand what the beef is all about though? If he changed your title did that destroy your thread or something?
Old 09-25-2018, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Pepe14

Considering the "scene" mooved to milenial ways of communicating, well its normal.
EVERY forum is like this(evolutionm, nasioc, theturboforums etc). New kids these days care on how theyll build a big mouth not a big engine.
We are a dying breed and i cant say i dont like it this way.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:33 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Whatever you want to think Shodan. I simply called you out because it needed to be done. No one will over come your ego and that's fine. No need for a massive failed attempt at being so philosophical about a very simple problem. Just telling it like it is whether you want to admit it or not. I really don't understand your pure ignorance surrounding the google search though. You truly believe google knows the difference between a tread title and other text on the page? That is ridiculously stupid.

I also LOVE how much the OG's are weighing in on this one. If only they had this passion to just answer people's questions and not hate all the time. I'm done now go ahead, lock the thread and get a good jerk off while doing it. Don't forget to change the title to something you feel is more appropriate first. You know, for searching purposes.
Originally Posted by TheShodan

Sorry for the long explanation. (I'm sure my man here will make sure he has the last word edge-wise or give the usual TL;DR, or be disrespectful by saying "blah, blah, blah, (narcissist).. Blah..blah.. blah.. (Insert **** reference, or Safe space reference)... blah, blah, "*******" " comment after I'm done.

What If I told you, I KNEW Siouxbie was going to say that?

Whatever you want to think Shodan. I simply called you out because it needed to be done.

HEY GUYS! YO!! GUESS WHAT?!?! I just got "called out" in something in a forum.. Cool! .. I guess I've not choice but to get ready for the "Killshot" then!

Originally Posted by Balor_Gr
Considering the "scene" mooved to milenial ways of communicating, well its normal.
EVERY forum is like this(evolutionm, nasioc, theturboforums etc). New kids these days care on how theyll build a big mouth not a big engine.
We are a dying breed and i cant say i dont like it this way.
Oh, wait a second there, now OG .. Triple, Triple.. (That's awesome Balor_Gr is now an "OG" on Honda-Tech. Congrats, bruh!! )

But.. That sounds like prejudice towards young people that are 33yrs and younger. That may be considered a type of discrimination. You'd better be careful, or I'll have to ask the other moderators to create a Safe Space sub-forum, a place where younger people like Siouxbie can feel uninfringed and have the ability to express their feelings without feeling "bullied", or intimidated by people like me.. And to help with this cause,. perhaps that Sub-forum could be sponsored by a coffee house or a bubble tea company or some similar organization.. You know, so, the topic can be further discussed in a sensitive manner.

Shall I make a Poll thread to see if I can be validated by other complete strangers that have an indirect effect on my life as a whole?
Or......... nah....

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC
I still don't understand what the beef is all about though? If he changed your title did that destroy your thread or something?
I guess only Siouxbie can answer that, I certainly can't. . The funniest part about this whole deal is that the very title that he wrote for this very thread .. Was quite well-written. and I could understand what the underlying subject matter was before I even clicked on it. . So, with that said, I can somewhat infer that this "wag of the finger" was strictly about laziness or autocorrect, and Souixbie felt admonished or embarrassed in some way and less likely about some true infringement upon his privileges and rights as a contributing member of H-T...Who knows? I don't know the guy, and I'm ok with that.

But all kidding aside I do wish him well in whatever he decides for his build/cause/life, etc.

Last edited by TheShodan; 09-25-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Title changing is extremely annoying and nothing but an ego trip