Notices

Throttle Body / Throttle Cable Issues * Pics of your throttlebodies requested *

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Body / Throttle Cable Issues * Pics of your throttlebodies requested *

To make a long story short, I made the mistake 2 yrs ago of buying an already boosted GSR. It had a Skunk2 Manny on it with a bored out stock throttlebody, and a custom crappy bracket holding the throttle cable in place. Basically now I have a VictorX manny using the same throttlebody. The throttlebody is an OBD1 throttlebody and the plate inside it turns past 100% open if you know what I mean ( all the way open is horizontal, it goes to the horizontal position and past that ). I was told that the linkage is installed backwards and the stop which keeps the throttlebody from going past 100% is grinded away(what a job this is.) So basically now that I have this new manny, I rigged the throttle cable back up and I cant get the throttle to open past 70%, I am also told that I may possibly have the wrong throttle cable so I had someone order me a 97 R throttle cable and the throttle cable bracket that mounts to the throttlebody (which I dont have )

So my question is, should I just order another throttlebody which I dont really have the money for, or can I make this one work.... I will post pictures tomorrow as it is now dark and I screwed with it today for like 3hrs, I even tried to flip around the bracket where the cable attaches that was supposively fliped backwards which does not make sence to me since when I flipped it, it just didnt look right...... Does anybody have some close-ups of their throttlebodies that I can look at and figure this fiasco out. Thanks
Old 05-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Throttle Body / Throttle Cable Issues * Pics of your throttlebodies requested * (96 GSR-T)

anybody
Old 05-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Throttle Body / Throttle Cable Issues * Pics of your throttlebodies requested * (96 GSR-T)

I know they suck but it's all I have right now. GSR TB with civic rotor installed, the original gsr throttle rotor is next to it. I probably didn't help but I tried, lol.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It did and it didnt, I disassembled the TB today..... like I said its a modified/bored OBD1 GSR bored out with an RC Blade. Before I disassembled it the blade would open past 100%, now it does not..... but the issue I have now is, it opens fully horizontal but the TPS only shows 67.5% when before it opened to 100%.

I noticed in your pics that the screws holding the blades on your GSR TB were on the filter side and on the bottom pic they are on the int. manny side..... was this intentional of just a goof? Mine are on the int. manny side.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (96 GSR-T)

Also the TB hangs up like the spring does not have the tension anymore, it sticks at about 3% (using an OBD2 scan tool).
Old 05-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

new tb??
Old 05-10-2006, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96 GSR-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it opens fully horizontal but the TPS only shows 67.5% when before it opened to 100%.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe the tps needs recalibrated

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96 GSR-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I noticed in your pics that the screws holding the blades on your GSR TB were on the filter side and on the bottom pic they are on the int. manny side..... was this intentional of just a goof? Mine are on the int. manny side.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They shouldn't be different, when I took those pics I took one and flipped the tb over and took another.

If you want to buy it from me I can sell it I'm going with a larger tb but till then i'm gonna use it....well let it sit there for a while since the car isn't running yet.

Take some pictures of your tb.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96 GSR-T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also the TB hangs up like the spring does not have the tension anymore, it sticks at about 3% (using an OBD2 scan tool).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Might be able to unhook the spring and turn it once and hook it back up. You may have to remove the rotor to do this tho, I forget. Take pics of your TB, I may be able to take mine apart and compare to see what wrong. Best bet it to get another TB but if you can't...you can't.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (whiteef8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whiteef8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">new tb?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

6+ yrs old i guess, its been on there since at least 00