Notices

thoughts on running NX n-tercooler spray?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thoughts on running NX n-tercooler spray?

Just wondering if anyone on here is running the n-tercooler spray, what youre thoughts on it are and what kinda power gains youre getting..... I was thinking about it but im not sure if its worth the money.... thanks.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: thoughts on running NX n-tercooler spray? (B00STED Si)

It's not worth the money, 90% of the horsepower gain you see is from the nitrous being sucked into the motor after it passes through the intercooler.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah they did a test, one with CO2 and one with NO2, and the results were.......

1. made more power with NX spray bar
2. lost power with CO2

the directions from NX say that it is to be used between runs, and not to be used while moving because of chances of nitrous ingestion......

and since co2 displaces oxygen, you can see where the CO2 went, along with nitrous........into the turbo.

so the main thing from this is, the power made was more form nitrous ingestion rather than a cold intercooler
Old 04-18-2005, 05:47 PM
mike93eh

LOL!

how does the nitrous get into your motor from being sprayed on the outside of the intercooler?? its sealed there is no way anything can get inside the intercooler. if there is a way then you have bigger problems, like boost leak.

hahhaa
Old 04-18-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: (mike93eh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL!

how does the nitrous get into your motor from being sprayed on the outside of the intercooler?? its sealed there is no way anything can get inside the intercooler. if there is a way then you have bigger problems, like boost leak.

hahhaa</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you see where the intercooler is? Notice how it's mounted about a foot and a half, maybe two feet in front of the turbo inlet? Notice how AIR and other gasses pass through the Intercooler and Radiator without a problem? There you go champ, now you got it!
Old 04-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (turboEGhatch)

i didnt know it was to be used between runs... but it makes sense. Why not just get a 20oz paint ball tank and use that to freeze the IC. Its like the same think as a spray system. Either way I would put my mney else where.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:13 PM
mike93eh

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboEGhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Do you see where the intercooler is? Notice how it's mounted about a foot and a half, maybe two feet in front of the turbo inlet? Notice how AIR and other gasses pass through the Intercooler and Radiator without a problem? There you go champ, now you got it! </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea depending on your manifold and if you have just a mesh screen over th inlet.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yea depending on your manifold and if you have just a mesh screen over th inlet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So a filter magically stops nitrous from getting through your turbo? Unless you have a lovefab sidewinder v2, have put the filter in the fenderwell, or have a turbo K-series nitrous is going to make it to your turbo.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL!

hahhaa</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yea depending on your manifold and if you have just a mesh screen over th inlet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL!!!! nitrous = gas... gases can go through filters whether it be cotton or mesh
Old 04-18-2005, 07:56 PM
mike93eh

oohhh i thought nitrous was dust???!!!?!1111

i didnt say it couldnt go through a filter? you think im that dumb? you know how many different variations of filter placement there are? for example, my filter is at about the same location as where it is with a short ram intake.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oohhh i thought nitrous was dust???!!!?!1111

i didnt say it couldnt go through a filter? you think im that dumb? you know how many different variations of filter placement there are? for example, my filter is at about the same location as where it is with a short ram intake.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you made it seem like it by saying:

and:

hahhaa</TD></TR></TABLE>

so yea....we DID think you were that dumb