Notices

For those of you that have had your motors tuned at Balanced Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For those of you that have had your motors tuned at Balanced Performance

I have been doing a little research and have come to a conclusion about something.

Would anyone be willing to share their map with me so I can conclude about something? I will also need your set-up as well.

Thanks.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For those of you that have had your motors tuned at Balanced Performance (PrecisionH23a)

I need more cowbell.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For those of you that have had your motors tuned at Balanced Performance (PrecisionH23a)

Old 07-07-2004, 06:14 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

where are you at in ga. the owner of balanced performance lives in my neighborhood.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:52 PM
sh!t happens.

G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: For those of you that have had your motors tuned at Balanced Performance (wantboost)

i plan on leting him tune my car..his name is Ed. Raped-ape on here had his car tuned there.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:29 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

Well...you know I plan on getting Ed to tune my ****...when it's ready.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DaX)

Ed is a nice guy, but his tunes are questionable in my opinion. I won't really get into it, but I will not be paying him anymore visits.

I happened to get a hold of one of his NA maps yesterday. Oh boy. Well, that's about all I'm going to say.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PrecisionH23a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ed is a nice guy, but his tunes are questionable in my opinion. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Did he blow up your motor? Someone else's motor?

What's his track record for his tuning? # wise?

Ed's been around for some time and has had a really good rep...so to question his tuning knowledge is a very bold statement. Hope you have something really good to back this up...
Old 07-08-2004, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Finest)

Luckily no, my motor did not blow. But after calling him for over 4 months to get my basemap I see why he never sent it to me.

93 octane - 14psi
100 octane mix - 20psi
distributor - 16 degrees
7100 redline
88mm H series

Those of you that know a thing or two about tuning will see why I could not believe my eyes when I pulled up my .bin file. I understand that with a larger bore motor you can run more timing, but this is ******* rediculous. For those that are curious, the 2d tables also are very poor in my opinion.

Old 07-08-2004, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im not very smart when it comes to tuning but why does the fuel go down under boost shouldnt it go up?
Old 07-08-2004, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vaporboy12)

Those are the high speed ignition tables, not fuel tables. The image posted is directly from Ed. I went back over and retuned it later and I actually ended up making more power, getting rid of the great 2900rpm stutter, and having a way safter timing map.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i still have that stutter after 2 retunes. i personnaly doub eds tuning sometimes.
i have dyno sheeets but he never emailed me my maps like he 'said' he would when he was not 'busy'
Old 07-08-2004, 08:33 AM

Anthony,
I am hoping its not the same NA map I think it is.
Green civic??? let me know
Old 07-08-2004, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (-iLLuZioN-B18C1)

The stutter was basically eliminated with the new versions of the s200, and still ed finds a way to have a stutter. Viewing the 2d ignition and fuel maps you can see clearly why there is the stutter present.

Personally, Ed is one hell of a nice guy. But when you pay for 2 hours of dyno tuning, I expect far more superior results AND a far superior tune that does not have the amount of flaws than the ones I and friends have received. This is why I now tune myself.

Griffin, no comment
Old 07-08-2004, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think I have a friend's map at my place. He has a turbo GSR that blew recently. It's been to Ed two or three times I think.

Anyway, I let a well respected tuner from this board look at the timing map from the tune that Ed did and he said that it had too much timing.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:52 AM
sh!t happens.

G

Default Re: (Too_Smooth)

hmmmmmm man let here somemore about this topic because I WAS planning on him tunning my car but if it is going to casue problems like this then i might have to find a new one. i want 450whp on stock sleeves...my setup will do it. its just going to be in the tuner.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

First off that is waaay too much timing. Thats about 5 degrees past "agressive" IMO. That 2900 RPM stutter is SO freaking easy to tune out too! IMO experience and reputation are nothing compared to an intellegent, techically and mechanically inclined person. There is a "experienced and reputable" hondata tuner in my area that told me I had 550cc injectors, and they weren't really 720s. He said up top they acted like 720's, but at idle they acted like 550s. Apartently you have to know nothing to be a hondata tuner (hes on their website) because its common knowledge that larger injectors open and close slower so you have to raise the fuel values at idle. Anyway, im getting off topic, but my point is this guy has tuned many cars and hes an idiot.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Cyphear)

Agreed cyphear. I do not see how you can call 31 degrees of timing safe for a daily driven motor. When I first opened the map a week or so ago my jaw dropped. Thank god I only ran Ed's for a week or so.

The really funny thing about Ed's tuning is that he calls it conservative for a daily driver, runs an *** of timing, but yet cannot produce the power capable of some of the motors potential.

I didn't want this to turn into a giant "Ed Sucks" thread because he really doesn't. As I said, he's a great guy but I honestly find a few flaws with his tuning. This is why I wanted a few other maps he has dished out so I can confirm my original theory.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:22 AM

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Modified by viaglow at 4:09 PM 7/9/2004
Old 07-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (viaglow)

anthony, ur map almost beats dream type s' south florida performance map.... he's had almost the same timing, but he only has a b16. heh
Old 07-08-2004, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mase)

i had my car tuned there, and i almost turned around and went back , because on the way home it was bucking so bad going down the highway it was rediculous. it still runs like ****. he put my distributor timing at 19degrees. i called one time to see if he could send me my map, because he put the boost cut in at 13lbs, and the rev limiter in at 8400, and i wanted to change that stuff, but everytime i call, he is in the dyno room, and never returns my calls, he also said that my 880cc injectors were at 65% duty cycle at 317whp, theres no freakin way, and another thing that dissapointed me was that he wouldnt make any more power with my car, he said he wasnt comfortable going past 300 whp on stock sleeves.........ughhhhh im getting mad thinking about it. i was actualy thinking of taking my car back there, cause we have no reputable tuners that i can think of around here
-jonathan
Old 07-08-2004, 10:42 AM
12 Years Strong

Default Re: (Raped-Ape)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Raped-Ape &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had my car tuned there, and i almost turned around and went back , because on the way home it was bucking so bad going down the highway it was rediculous. it still runs like ****. he put my distributor timing at 19degrees. i called one time to see if he could send me my map, because he put the boost cut in at 13lbs, and the rev limiter in at 8400, and i wanted to change that stuff, but everytime i call, he is in the dyno room, and never returns my calls, he also said that my 880cc injectors were at 65% duty cycle at 317whp, theres no freakin way, and another thing that dissapointed me was that he wouldnt make any more power with my car, he said he wasnt comfortable going past 300 whp on stock sleeves.........ughhhhh im getting mad thinking about it. i was actualy thinking of taking my car back there, cause we have no reputable tuners that i can think of around here
-jonathan</TD></TR></TABLE>

We are screwed Not to hijack, but are there any more good tuners around here?
Old 07-08-2004, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Raped-Ape)

Ed is always in the dyno room or he is off for the week. 4 months. FOUR MONTHS. I probably left about 10 messages for him during this time, and I heard nothing. Now I know why.

Sorry to bitch and go on a rant, but if you want power do not go to him.

On my fully built H series motor, he barely got 423whp out of it. He was ready to call it quits at 375whp (t4 sc61 keep in mind) until I explained the MSBC of the H series motor and told him how a higher octane is required. On my friends fully built hondata NA car he managed to squeeze out 186whp. Funny thing was another guy with a somewhat similar set-up minus cams put out 186whp on a v-afc. Weaksauce.

I am not trying to turn this thread into a publicity stunt, so let's try to get back on topic. I would like to see some of the other maps floating around out there.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:04 AM

Default Re: (-iLLuZioN-B18C1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -iLLuZioN-B18C1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have dyno sheeets but he never emailed me my maps like he 'said' he would when he was not 'busy'</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got that too
Old 07-08-2004, 12:04 PM

Default Re: (RacerXI)

Wow....

That is almost double my super conserveative timing map on my 89mm h series..lol

And to think I was getting nervous with my timing, since I'm tuning it myself..lol

Quick Reply: For those of you that have had your motors tuned at Balanced Performance