Notices

Those with sumped tanks and external pumps....

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those with sumped tanks and external pumps....

Where and how are you running your braided fuel lines? I am in the middle of swapping chassis and am looking for another way to run them. Currently the feed line is run beneath the car along the exhaust channel and up to the rail. The return is ran through the firewall, into the cab and back down to the tank. Just curious how others are doing it and way of fastening the lines. Any pics or advice would be much appreciated.

-Ryan
Old 02-09-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Those with sumped tanks and external pumps.... (Kwuaymaikrup)

good question...i, too am interested in this
Old 02-10-2005, 01:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Those with sumped tanks and external pumps.... (pimpintyperintegra)

umm, i thought its not good to run wiht the exhaust? and its against most race santions to run inside. but i ran both feed and return from underneath. the return was routed to the stock return. that is just temporary. and the feed is on the passenger side. go to summit and look up the fuel line kits. i used those screw in type b clamps to screw in the floor pan.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes it is NHRA illegal to have a petroleum subtance enter the car, even for gauges thats why they make isolator kits. but you can use the "b" faster clamps to hold it to the bottom of the car, if anything chase the fule line along the old stock location area, thats what i did with mine.

i did something alittle different, i modded my fuel rail, so that i had 2 entrances, one on each side and then used the regulator and return where it was on the rail before (STR fuel rail) it looks pretty trick and since i used a walbro 255HP it actually lowered that nasty high pressure problem that screws up idle so bad, i used the stock return line for now tilli can get up some cashola to finish it up
Old 02-10-2005, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mrbsponge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrbsponge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes it is NHRA illegal to have a petroleum subtance enter the car, even for gauges thats why they make isolator kits. but you can use the "b" faster clamps to hold it to the bottom of the car, if anything chase the fule line along the old stock location area, thats what i did with mine.

i did something alittle different, i modded my fuel rail, so that i had 2 entrances, one on each side and then used the regulator and return where it was on the rail before (STR fuel rail) it looks pretty trick and since i used a walbro 255HP it actually lowered that nasty high pressure problem that screws up idle so bad, i used the stock return line for now tilli can get up some cashola to finish it up</TD></TR></TABLE>

If I follow the stock location it will have enter the cabin...lol. I will take a look later today and see if I can come up with something else. Anyone have anypics of the "b" connectors? I will see if I can find them on Summit.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kwuaymaikrup)

NM, I found them. They are basically just the "b" shaped clips that are rubber lined right? I am currently using something very similar that I fashioned out of some plumbers tape. Anyone with pics?