Notices

Thieves in Northern DE- TRIED to steal...

Old 04-02-2008, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thieves in Northern DE- TRIED to steal...

Well if finally happened to me- some, um, jackhole tried to steal my ride, at my work parking lot, in the middle of the day at lunchtime. As I was walking out to go to lunch! They bailed into they "getaway mini-van" as I got closer. I would post this elswhere, but they seemed to "key in" on my ride (it's a sleeper), as there are many cars worth more than my $2000 '93 Del Sol.

Idiot- do you think I'm going to leave it in the lot without at least two methods of preventing the car to be started?

Anyway- lookout for two Hispanic males, one is very young (~19), the other was about 25-30 in a green ford mini-van with PA plates. The State's looking out for them too (and yes we got them on tape- maybe I'll post it).
Old 04-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thieves in Northern DE- TRIED to steal... (hybridsol)

post it, maybe the circulation of thier faces may spark a memory from a fellow H-T er
Old 04-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Thieves in Northern DE- TRIED to steal... (daveedd357)

even in the garage isnt safe.
i have had my house cased for a while, unless they drag the truck and trailer they arent getting to the car.
but yeah, sorry to say it is old news with the guys he is speaking of.

if you get pics of what they look like post them up.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:34 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well if finally happened to me- some, um, jackhole tried to steal my ride, at my work parking lot, in the middle of the day at lunchtime. As I was walking out to go to lunch! They bailed into they "getaway mini-van" as I got closer. I would post this elswhere, but they seemed to "key in" on my ride (it's a sleeper), as there are many cars worth more than my $2000 '93 Del Sol.

Idiot- do you think I'm going to leave it in the lot without at least two methods of preventing the car to be started?

Anyway- lookout for two Hispanic males, one is very young (~19), the other was about 25-30 in a green ford mini-van with PA plates. The State's looking out for them too (and yes we got them on tape- maybe I'll post it).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Man you got lucky. Not many people can say that. At least they wernt successful. I feel for ya man..i know how it feels to think your car isn't safe anywhere. I would post the vid. Better chance someone will recognize those f***ers.

over a month ago, some f***ers tired to steal my hatch in the middle of the night right in front of my apt. They somehow got into it without my alarm going off or busting the window (i have an idea how they did). Then im guessing they popped the hood and disconnected my battery to disable my alarm all together. They then pushed it to a dark corner of my apt complex next to a big dumpster and attempted to hotwire it to get it started. little did they know that i had a few "anti-theft" devices installed in my car

I had a kill switch and a clutch club. Surprisingly, the clutch club is what ultimately stopped them. They tried to bust it off my clutch pedal but ended up ripping the pedal out of the firewall in the process lol

Im guessing they gave up on trying to steal the whole car at this point and just stole my chipped jdm p30 ecu and my carbon fiber hood. They also broke my steering column. Small price to pay for my car not getting stolen.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:21 PM

sad thing to read about. pissis me off. Buddy of mine sister 96hb got stolen a few months ago in Riverside CA too. One way to prevent these things is to take out any info in your car that has your address when you take your car to get serviced, washed ect... it's a lil step but it also helps
Old 04-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

pretty soon people are going to have to get boots on their wheels to prevent people from stealing them. You got lucky, my cousin's car just got stolen 2 months ago. They found it on the side of the road, front end smashed and airbags deployed.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont even live that far from the op its really just starting to get bad in this part i guess people from nj and new york are moving down but it was sombody close to you that watches your car pretty hard if you say it was sleeper