Notices

Are these Dart sleeves? Looking for a motor to boost and found this...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are these Dart sleeves? Looking for a motor to boost and found this...

I've never seen a 2 tone after market sleeve before...this is a B18c1 motor, however, these sleeves look almost like B20 sleeves. Just wanted someone's professional opinion before I jump the gun.

Admin please move if I've posted in the wrong forum. Just figured FI guys would have the most knowledge when it comes to sleeved motors.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Are these Dart sleeves? Looking for a motor to boost and found this...

Keep in mind the pictures aren't mine. For some odd reason the guy selling it also has a cheap Blox blockguard installed as well.....
Old 03-27-2014, 07:14 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Are these Dart sleeves? Looking for a motor to boost and found this...

Looks like an OEM sleeve with a Block guard...pressed in.

But that's what it looks like at first flush, here.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:31 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

It is definitely stock sleeves with a block guard IMPROPERLY installed. For what is worth you can clearly see "BLOX" stamped right on the block gaurd.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

walk away
Old 03-27-2014, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not that it matters, but it appears the block guard is backwards.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what gives that away
Old 03-27-2014, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

arrows on engine parts usually mean they should face the front of the motor.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:33 AM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Originally Posted by KevinEF7
what gives that away
Wow... and you have the nerve to question me?

"Sometimes it is better to keep quiet and have people assume you are stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
Old 03-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kyden
arrows on engine parts usually mean they should face the front of the motor.

Only arrow I see points to the flywheel side on the furthest side of the #4 cylinder,
Old 03-27-2014, 01:09 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

...And it should point towards the front of the motor, the #1 cylinder, where the FRONT main seal is.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

junk
Old 03-27-2014, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Perfect fit
Old 03-27-2014, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That **** ain't sleeved, so no sleeved-block level pricing.
But they aren't making any more of them..so get 'em down on the price maybe and pick it up.
$200? Looks a little oxidized..where are you? Does it have a crank or anything?
How much does he want?
You could pull the guard, and either re-install it and bore/hone, or remove and sleeve it yourself.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It was on ebay. Sadly, it sold...and I'm going to feel sorry for the person who bought it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271430259973...S:1123&vxp=mtr
Old 03-28-2014, 11:49 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shermanyang
It was on ebay. Sadly, it sold...and I'm going to feel sorry for the person who bought it.

It was falsely advertised to be something it wasn't so maybe theres hope of recourse, but thats assuming the person who bought it has any idea what they bought...i'm sure it'll be paired up with an equally shitty eBay turbo kit and blown up within the month
Old 03-28-2014, 12:12 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

It says "Darton sleeved Blox guard". It very well may have Darton stock replacement sleeves
Old 03-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm pretty sure even their stock replacement sleeves don't look like that... I'd say stock
Old 03-28-2014, 02:31 PM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Originally Posted by shermanyang

I just about **** myself when I saw how much it sold for. Between the penmanship of a 3rd grader, the condition of the block guard installation, and the chances of someone sleeving to 81.5mm it makes me want to start hammering in block guards and selling scrap blocks for a mint! That is just pure insanity. Although it could be the pictures, the sleeves look like out of round factory ones. All the dry sleeves I have seen look laser straight.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:31 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by OneBadTurboCRV
I just about **** myself when I saw how much it sold for. Between the penmanship of a 3rd grader, the condition of the block guard installation, and the chances of someone sleeving to 81.5mm it makes me want to start hammering in block guards and selling scrap blocks for a mint! That is just pure insanity
Old 03-28-2014, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow... and you have the nerve to question me?

"Sometimes it is better to keep quiet and have people assume you are stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
Ever thought that he was asking a sincere question? Settle down sparky, no one is pissing on your golden ego, bro. Did you know your **** stinks too?

Originally Posted by NotARacist
...And it should point towards the front of the motor, the #1 cylinder, where the FRONT main seal is.
Why don't you guys have patience with people who are not as knowledgeable as you when it comes to motors and mechanics? Do you expect everyone on here to know EVERYTHING? You guys remind me of the miserable TSA/CBP employees at the airport, snotty, no patience, hate their jobs and lives and want to make everyone miserable like them.

On topic : I messaged the seller on ebay with a little bit of information about his sale
Old 03-28-2014, 07:07 PM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Travis - You are stepping in a pile of **** to tell me mine stinks. The guy was running his mouth in a different thread and he has no clue what he is talking about. Thanks for the heads up though, next time I am in the bathroom I will start to use scented spray when I am done.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm about to get into the business of slapping block guards in blocks if they selling for 875$ shittt
Old 03-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

need to put that dude's ebay user name on the scammer list looks like. what a f***ing douche. feel sorry for the buyer
Old 03-29-2014, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Travis - You are stepping in a pile of **** to tell me mine stinks. The guy was running his mouth in a different thread and he has no clue what he is talking about. Thanks for the heads up though, next time I am in the bathroom I will start to use scented spray when I am done.
You still butthurt you got made out to look like an idiot mis-diagnosing people?

Oh no, its OneBadTurboCRV aka nevasatisfied aka compulsive liar You got some other crazy story about how your friend stole your account for years and pretended to be someone else and then you magically wanted the account back and oh yay big bad ethug comes out again. BS

Get it together bud, I cant even begin to piece together what you must have missed in your childhood to have to lie to people on the internet about who you are and pretend to be some badass e-thug. Your keyboard all bruised up?

Quick Reply: Are these Dart sleeves? Looking for a motor to boost and found this...