Notices

is there anyone around the nj/pa/ny area that wants to help me install a turbo kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is there anyone around the nj/pa/ny area that wants to help me install a turbo kit?

so i'm piecing together a kit right now. I should have all the parts i need in a month or so.

I want to install it myself so i can learn. but i don't have enough experience to do it all by myself. So if there is anyone from ny/nj/pa or anywhere near pa that wants to help me .. just let me know
Old 06-23-2007, 08:09 PM

theres a dragkit install guide somewhere...

Its really not as hard as it seems.

I installed mine alright by myself.

As logn as you know where everything goes, its gonna be okay.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (numbnuts22715)

i think i saw that .. in my head and online i can see pictures and i know where parts go.. but people say that installing ak it is really hard so thats why im drawn away from doing it all myself. so id really like to do it with somone that knows what there doing .. but at the same time i can do it too

for isntance .. i cant install a clutch by myself because i wouldt know what to do
Old 06-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Where in PA are you? Is it far from Hershey?
Old 06-23-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: (Boricuanology)

its not as hard as you think. i didnt know **** about turbo or ever thought about going boost and the only reason i did was becase i came across a cheap kit from a friend. i didnt even know the names of all the parts . only trouble i had was drilling casue my drill wasnt powerful enough to drill through the bumper support and i didnt have a big enough drill bit to tap the oil pan but thats about it
Old 06-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (brand0)

its really not hard but you bring your car to me i can help for a small fee of course
Old 06-25-2007, 12:55 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: is there anyone around the nj/pa/ny area that wants to help me install a turbo kit? (pjr710)

this is a complete how to link:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1263795
Old 06-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boricuanology)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedblkef &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its really not hard but you bring your car to me i can help for a small fee of course </TD></TR></TABLE>
that would be what im looking for basically .. how much? and i would want to help as much as possible.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boricuanology &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Where in PA are you? Is it far from Hershey?</TD></TR></TABLE>
i'm about 2 hours from hershey

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SD_Lurker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is a complete how to link:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1263795</TD></TR></TABLE>
i saw that , but theres always little problems that you run into and i wouldnt know what to do
Old 06-26-2007, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pjr710)

i'm down for helping, just finished mine by myself couple weeks ago.
northern jerz, 1.5 hr from scranton. lemme know
Old 06-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (esedulerp5tenin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by esedulerp5tenin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm down for helping, just finished mine by myself couple weeks ago.
northern jerz, 1.5 hr from scranton. lemme know </TD></TR></TABLE>

sick .. i have to get the rest of my parts first

did it take you longer than a day to do yours?
Old 06-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i actually did it piece by piece over the course of about 2 months; went home every weekend from school to work on it a lil more.
-first mounted the intercooler and hacked away the bumper
-then fitted teh IC piping and cut more of the bumper away
-walbro FP
-boost and oil press gauges
-wideband

then everything else turbo-related prolly took 2 days, cuz i was by myself, and it was my first turbo install

if you have ABSOLUTELY everything (tools and such) then we could knock it out in a weekend at max.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (esedulerp5tenin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by esedulerp5tenin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i actually did it piece by piece over the course of about 2 months; went home every weekend from school to work on it a lil more.
-first mounted the intercooler and hacked away the bumper
-then fitted teh IC piping and cut more of the bumper away
-walbro FP
-boost and oil press gauges
-wideband

then everything else turbo-related prolly took 2 days, cuz i was by myself, and it was my first turbo install

if you have ABSOLUTELY everything (tools and such) then we could knock it out in a weekend at max.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i thought about piecing it together like that i was wondering tho

Does the intercooler bolt right up? or do i need to drill?

and what parts can i have fully installed without problems while still driving n/a
Old 06-26-2007, 02:06 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pjr710 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Does the intercooler bolt right up? or do i need to drill?

and what parts can i have fully installed without problems while still driving n/a</TD></TR></TABLE>

you're gonna have to drill holes to mount up the intercooler, and chances are you're gonna have to do a lil rearranging with the ic piping. depending on the manifold you may have to take out the ps and/or the a/c, and clock the turbo. you'll also have to tap the oil pan. you can install the intercooler and stay n/a, but when people see an intercooler that multiplies the chances of you car getting stolen so make sure you get some kind of security system

Modified by mercutio_07 at 6:17 PM 6/26/2007
Old 06-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

depends on what size intercooler, what car, and if your keeping bumper support (or get a JDM one)

my lude, 6" IC, stock bumper support, i didnt wanna cut the bumper support at all, and the IC hangs about 1/2" below the bumper. i prefered to trim the bumper instead of the bumper support.

the 5 things that i mentioned you can do and stay n/a
Old 06-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

give me a free ticket and lodging, i'll help you to install your turbo.. Seriously, it's really easy, just time consuming..
Old 06-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ongking)

i'd really just like to drive out somewhere and knock it off during a weekend or a day or somethin
Old 06-28-2007, 10:38 AM

how much of the kit do you have?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mercutio_07)

i'll be getting piping,bov,wastegate, intercooler, oil lines,oil pan, and turbo next week

i have like $500 now, and i'm going to buy a fuel pump, injectors, and an ecu .. or i'm going to buy mani/downpipe/dumptube combo, i still need to decide which i will get first

then i need to buy a new clutch .. and get it tuned
Old 06-28-2007, 01:28 PM
dhn

do the **** yourself wtf man..stop being a bitch

its a TURBO INSTALL...theres MULTIPLE threads with how to do it..stop being lazy and do the **** yourself..th worst things that will happen..are youll have to rearrange piping and etc..do it yourself..maybe have a friend or someone come over tjus to lend a hand..you seem like you want **** spoonfed to you..you wont learn ANYTHING by letting someone else do it
Old 06-28-2007, 02:05 PM

since you don't know too much about the assembly you should get the mani, downpipe, and dump tube so you can piece it together b4 you put it on to get a rough lay out. all and all it's not an extremelly hard project, if you're doing it yourself though make sure you take enough time to cross your t's and dot the i's.

Modified by mercutio_07 at 7:38 PM 6/28/2007
Old 06-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dhn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dhn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do the **** yourself wtf man..stop being a bitch

its a TURBO INSTALL...theres MULTIPLE threads with how to do it..stop being lazy and do the **** yourself..th worst things that will happen..are youll have to rearrange piping and etc..do it yourself..maybe have a friend or someone come over tjus to lend a hand..you seem like you want **** spoonfed to you..you wont learn ANYTHING by letting someone else do it</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you read my post instead of being a dumbass, i said that i want to do as much as i can by myself. I know i can run into problems and i would like to have someone there that knows what they are doing.

I dont have friends that are into car and i don't know anyone that is into hondas.

The whole reason i made this post was so that i can learn while having someone help me. Don't be a fuckass and post dumb **** .. read first.

One of the main reasons i figured i could not do it all by myself is because there is a thread on here that shows you how to install it. I thought it looked pretty easy, and i think i can do it myself. But for some reason the guy that created that diy said that on a scale from 1-10 .. a turbo install is about a 7 .. 10 being building an engine. So that kind of threw me off.

So i would like to do it myself but i know theres going to be problems, and i dont want to expletive my car up and not be able to drive it. I'd want minimal downtime and just like someone around me that knows what they are doing
Old 06-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dhn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do the **** yourself wtf man..stop being a bitch

its a TURBO INSTALL...theres MULTIPLE threads with how to do it..stop being lazy and do the **** yourself..th worst things that will happen..are youll have to rearrange piping and etc..do it yourself..maybe have a friend or someone come over tjus to lend a hand..you seem like you want **** spoonfed to you..you wont learn ANYTHING by letting someone else do it</TD></TR></TABLE>

chill the hell out man, thats why he created this thread. he WANTS to do it himself, just needs a lending/experienced hand.
maybe if i had someone else helping me, we coulda banged my project out in a weekend, but instead it took 2 months