Notices

Terance's 600hp Street/Track Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 03:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Terance's 600hp Street/Track Build

Originally Posted by drmix
Where did you bolt the seats to the rails at? On the bottom?
That was to just show how the thing is going to look. I'll take pics of that soon and also other things that were done that I didnt post yet. FYI It bolted perfectly and very pleased/surprised how comfortable I am in the seat.

Car is home and now its time, looking to get tuned by the end of this month if my tuner is in town
Old 05-13-2016, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Carbon Fiber block offs

S2K cluster and gauges all wired in and work perfectly

Full Interior shot including airbag delete

PCI seat mount & Kirkey seat full bolted on and stable

Final shot of the GE diffuser.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Went to the dyno on Wednesday in hopes of getting the car done once and for all andddddddd ran into harness problems with the map sensor. Instead of bypassing it just took the car off the dyno. Who knows what other problems the harness might have and like to do everything right. With that said looking into CJs wiring or Rywire non milspec. Also got a pretty cool pic out of it.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice car, really likin' the green......Seen the last pic on Derf Tuned IG.

Were you able to get any pulls/numbers or was it a complete bust?
Old 05-27-2016, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ZLboosted_EG
Nice car, really likin' the green......Seen the last pic on Derf Tuned IG.

Were you able to get any pulls/numbers or was it a complete bust?
Complete $220 bust. $60 tow there, $100 for dyno time since Derf wasnt able to tune it, and $60 tow back. It's no one fault other then myself and only myself can fix it so I will. Just frustrating but when has this build ever been anything else?
Old 06-09-2016, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Picked up a walbro 450. Ordered the harness officially yesterday after back and forth with CJs wiring

Old 06-30-2016, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

update????
Old 07-13-2016, 08:57 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TeranceFL
Picked up a walbro 450. Ordered the harness officially yesterday after back and forth with CJs wiring

Just out of curiosity is the factory wiring sufficient to run these or do people run relay's on the 450 Some people say not to do it and I have seen reputable people say they are fine without a relay.. Yet I have seen relays installed with these pumps
Old 07-14-2016, 03:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

You must run a Relay. These pumps can pull 30+ amps
Old 07-14-2016, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Definitely run a relay and upgraded wiring
Old 07-29-2016, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok.... So pump got installed 7/27/16 ran bigger wire and individual relay (everything worked out perfect). With that being said it's been 2 months since ordering the harness from CJs wiring and finally got it in yesterday 7/28/16 being excited went straight to Label One to get everything switched with hopes of being tuned again within the next few days... Looking over the harness the wrong injector clips were on the harness (no big deal, we used a temp fix after contacting CJing with a more perm solution) Now the harness is installed we got to start it up and now misfiring from 2 cylinders. Left the car at Label One for further review (COP harness, COP wiring, ECU board). Car drove perfectly to the shop because found it was the jumper harness causing that MAP issue in the past.

Old 08-31-2016, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

over a month without and update is killing me.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So loooooong time without updates... I took a step back from the car when no one can give me answers on why my car was misfiring and it happened ever since I changed to CJs Wiring harness. People looked at the harness and said it was perfect. I have other hobbies I prefer to enjoy such as building a really good PC rig and playing competitively on that instead of wasting my time on a car that refuses to work when imo done everything possible to get it working right. Just about a year later I'm here to finally try again and put some money into updating a few parts next step is getting Carlos from Label One and Fred from Derf Tuning to come to my house and check this car out for themselves cause I want it over with.

Updates for your enjoyment, sorry for the lack laziness. (16x7 TE37s, Blox Drag coilovers, Front&Rear Skunk2 camber kits, aftermarket LCAs + Subframe brace)

Old 07-06-2017, 09:12 AM
HT's TOP CHEF

Looking good!!! Hope you get it running soon.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Get rid of that micky mouse harness
Old 07-07-2017, 03:36 AM
HT's TOP CHEF

Originally Posted by turbociv910
Who built it?
Old 07-07-2017, 08:02 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

I guess I'm missing out on what's wrong with the harness that is pictured above
Old 07-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Might just have to, but dont want money to literally be burnt from someone elses lack of quality (if its actually the wire harness) one thing I noticed in the car industry compared to every other industry is the lack of responsibility. Axles have warrenty but if they break not their fault, harness's, tires, sleeves, turbos etc etc these car companies never want to take responsibility for their products.
Originally Posted by TheShodan
I guess I'm missing out on what's wrong with the harness that is pictured above
At first I thought he was talking about my Seat harness lul and realized he meant my wire harness and he says that probably because 1. I guess CJ's wiring isnt as main stream as Rywire, Wireworx or all those people 2. I mentioned that ever since switching my harness the car is misfiring but no one can find a problem with the harness. Which imo I'm sure diagnosing a harness is alot harder done than said.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:04 PM

At first I thought he was talking about my Seat harness lul and realized he meant my wire harness and he says that probably because 1. I guess CJ's wiring isnt as main stream as Rywire, Wireworx or all those people 2. I mentioned that ever since switching my harness the car is misfiring but no one can find a problem with the harness. Which imo I'm sure diagnosing a harness is alot harder done than said.
I guess until we have more information and evidence about CJ's Wiring, it's very difficult to justify jumping to that conclusion as a potential cause of a misfire.. So, I wouldn't go so far as saying it's "mickey mouse", unless there's impartial information to say otherwise.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Might just have to, but dont want money to literally be burnt from someone elses lack of quality (if its actually the wire harness) one thing I noticed in the car industry compared to every other industry is the lack of responsibility. Axles have warrenty but if they break not their fault, harness's, tires, sleeves, turbos etc etc these car companies never want to take responsibility for their products.

I believe I know the issue pm me
Old 07-10-2017, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Glad to hear you are digging back into it! Once the issues are sorted I'm sure you will be happy to get it on the road.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:43 AM

Well, not to detract from your thread build, but there's 2 sides to every coin, when it comes to "warranty". When it comes to these kinds of products, you have to remember that even though their purpose may be for "off-road use", these same companies aren't the same as a repair shop where they're performing the actual installation, service, etc. They're not there overseeing your installation. You may be very competent in doing this without an issue, but they don't know whether or not it was installed optimally. Fewer and fewer shops are performing these installations in which the benefit of the doubt is given by the manufacturer to that shop, and that is a lot of why they have changed their
There is a difference between a workmanship warranty, and a warranty similar to like a refrigerator, T.V. or other appliance you would purchase at a store. The responsibility has to be on the installer first, because unlike a refrigerator or T.V. It has moving parts and it's being incorporated in a number of ways in your engine bay that the manufacturer may not be aware of. A refrigerator sits in ONE space, and has ONE purpose, with the only input being the power source. A turbocharger is completely different than refrigerator.

No one is going to try to innovate make anything available if their continually using their resources on fighting battles for every single person that installs. There are, of course, exceptions, but I'm just pointing this out as a general rule.

That's all, just playing devil's advocate at giving the flip-side of the argument so that you don't believe in the whole "big-industry-is-out-to-get-us" conspiracy theory.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just say that because I've bought harnesses from places that sell harnesses and have had problems with every one.. Chasebays being the worst. Paid up for a custom harness using all race grade materials and haven't had issues.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

From my experience when it comes to wiring either leave the stock harness alone or do it yourself so you know its pinned out right. My college buddy did a "wire tuck", got one of those nice harnesses and all. Nothing but problems. Only part of my harness I've dicked with is injector plugs and the map sensor lol.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
From my experience when it comes to wiring either leave the stock harness alone or do it yourself so you know its pinned out right. My college buddy did a "wire tuck", got one of those nice harnesses and all. Nothing but problems. Only part of my harness I've dicked with is injector plugs and the map sensor lol.
yeah I see that now..

Quick Reply: Terance's 600hp Street/Track Build