Notices

tell me what you guys think on my gsr-t setup.....

Old 12-06-2007, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tell me what you guys think on my gsr-t setup.....

well i wanted to get your guys opinions on my build. i am putting the motor in the car tomorrow. i wanted to know what hp expectations i could have ??

* forged je pistons 81mm ( 9:1) with manlley rods
*str block gaurd
*gsr head with itr valetrain ( 5 angled valve job , ported and polished )
* honed/ decked/ hot tanked gsr block
* balanced and blueprinted gsr crank
*victor x intake manifold
* presicion sc61 dual ball bearing turbo
*650cc rc saturated injectors
* ramhorn peakboost turbo manifold
*acl main/rod bearings
*golden eagle headstuds
*cometic 3 layer head gasket
*greddy fmic
* 3 inch turbo back exhaust ( turbo n1)
*odb1 p72 chipped with chrome gold and conversion harness
*gm 3bar map sensor
* all the ic pipings
*profec boost controller
*greddy turbo timer

i know i have forgot some stuff , but you get the idea. i know my weakest link is my sleeves, so a bigger and better block will be built later on. i am hoping to be in the 350hp-375hp range. is it possible with this set up ?? lemme know what yall think.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The turbo is too big for your goals. For the amount you're going to spend on it, you could get something MUCH better. Also, getting a BB CHRA in a turbo that isn't designed around it, is a waste of time and money IMO...seeing as it does nothing effectively.

I would suggest a simple PTE 57 trim .63ar for your goals. It would do the trick and cost about half of what you're going to spend on that SC61. Also, there are mixed opinions on block guards. I've seen plenty of cars make a lot more power than what you're shooting for on just stock sleeves (no block guard). I dont think its necessary.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

I would agree with not getting the blockguard as well. I've read and seen some horror stories with them. I would also ditch the cometic gasket and stick with a oem 3-layer gasket. Also, i'd do something like a SC3427e with a .63a/r. This way it will spool quicker and make the power you want but also will give you some room to grow for later on when you build your block. Also go with maybe some 1000cc injectors since their not much more expensive then what your getting. Basically, theres no sense in upgrading everything later on after you build your block. Hope this helps.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:15 PM

thanks for the opinions guys.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tell me what you guys think on my gsr-t setup..... (gsrturbo01)

SpoolinG2, your talking to him like he hasn't built the motor yet. Maybe I read this sentence wrong, but I thought he said,

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsrturbo01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i am putting the motor in the car tomorrow. </TD></TR></TABLE>

GL with getting it going, dude.
Hope you get what you want from it. You've got a nice setup so far.
Like was said, the snail might be a little large, but you'll find out when it's on the dyno.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:06 AM

Default Re: (SpoolnG2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolnG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would agree with not getting the blockguard as well. I've read and seen some horror stories with them. I would also ditch the cometic gasket and stick with a oem 3-layer gasket. Also, i'd do something like a SC3427e with a .63a/r. This way it will spool quicker and make the power you want but also will give you some room to grow for later on when you build your block. Also go with maybe some 1000cc injectors since their not much more expensive then what your getting. Basically, theres no sense in upgrading everything later on after you build your block. Hope this helps.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree on both accounts but it looks like its too late to make those changes now. the turbo is too large for your application but will work. other turbos would have been a better choice. does a bb sc61 cost more than a gt35r?

i dont see any reason why you couldnt meet your goal of 350-375whp
Old 12-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gsrturbo01)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Andrew Marquis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SpoolinG2, your talking to him like he hasn't built the motor yet. Maybe I read this sentence wrong, but I thought he said, </TD></TR></TABLE>

I can see what your saying, but he asked for opinions on his build. I just gave him my opinion on his build. What i would change and would have bought and why. Thats all.

Good Luck though, seems like a pretty solid build