Notices

tell me how to build a fast spooling, high revving turbo track honda that wont blow up

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tell me how to build a fast spooling, high revving turbo track honda that wont blow up

(sry for the long title haha)

Ok so I want to build a street/track car that makes about 320-350whp (maybe more).

here is the plan, plz give me advice, corrections, critisizm, ext.

ls motor
1 eagle H beam rods
2 cp forged pistons
3 valves, springs, retainers
4 rebuild (all new berings/ ext.)

turbo kit
1 not sure what turbo, plz give advice
2 log mani (full race probly)

other
1 clutch (act probly)
2 lsd

i want to push about 350 VERY reliably, in about the 15psi range and spin it to 7,500 rpm, does this sound ok? am I on the right track?
Old 12-03-2007, 04:43 PM
E-thug

Default Re: tell me how to build a fast spooling, high revving turbo track honda that wont blow up (teg race

I've been trying for 5 years, I'll let you know when i figure it out....LOl.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: tell me how to build a fast spooling, high revving turbo track honda that wont blow up (teg race

If you are looking for a boosted track car, it's all about the heat management. 20 minute sessions at WOT creates a LOT of heat!
Old 12-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DA_HONDA_BOY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

your going with ls/vtec or ls/non-vtec if non-vtec you need to pnp the head</TD></TR></TABLE>

non vtec, no pnp, im trying to go as cheap as possible, if I have to up the boost a bit to make my goal, I will.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you are looking for a boosted track car, it's all about the heat management. 20 minute sessions at WOT creates a LOT of heat! </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea for sure, Ive read up about that and thats why im gonna use a small log mani, get a fullsize alum radiator, do a hood kick, and whatever else I got to.

what about the turbo? gimme some recomendations, quick spool wanted.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

gt28r for fast spool.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HamiltonRex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">gt28r for fast spool.</TD></TR></TABLE>
x2
Old 12-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teg racer 877 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(sry for the long title haha)

Ok so I want to build a street/track car that makes about 320-350whp (maybe more).

here is the plan, plz give me advice, corrections, critisizm, ext.

ls motor
1 eagle H beam rods
2 cp forged pistons
3 valves, springs, retainers
4 rebuild (all new berings/ ext.)

turbo kit
1 not sure what turbo, plz give advice
2 log mani (full race probly)

other
1 clutch (act probly)
2 lsd

i want to push about 350 VERY reliably, in about the 15psi range and spin it to 7,500 rpm, does this sound ok? am I on the right track?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

T3/T04E 57trim. should do good for you
Old 12-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you guys are gay as hell

my t4/74mm turbo spools faster than my t3/67mm turbo.... GO FIGURE!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95exdsmkilla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

T3/T04E 57trim. should do good for you </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what im running right now, way to slow, full spool around 4500rpm, no good for a track car.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DA_HONDA_BOY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do some research

research is the only way to go thats how you good at stuff </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what im doing by making this post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DA_HONDA_BOY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

must be your key word LOL </TD></TR></TABLE>

im prepared to spend ALOT of money, still want to spend as little as possible.

ive heard a little abour the gt28r isnt that the "disco potato"? how much whp can it support?
Old 12-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teg racer 877 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thats what im running right now, way to slow, full spool around 4500rpm, no good for a track car.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

every track car ive ever raced or seen racing, has beeen well over 4500 rpm (from start to finish.)
Old 12-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaveF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

every track car ive ever raced or seen racing, has beeen well over 4500 rpm (from start to finish.) </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes but its a street car also, I wanna be able to drive it fast but not all out, I dont want to have to make it scream just to get it to move.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

leave the car sane for the street, and fast for the track.

you can get a large enough turbo that will suport 700 hp that you will be able to drive it around every stinkin day and never boost on it, because it doesnt start spooling till 4500 rpm, this way you keep it safe on the street(when you want to) and it will run like a champ at the track... now if you were to mash the gas on the street im sure you would be blazing the tires off with ease. oh yea, the highway is much more fun than driving around town !.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaveF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

leave the car sane for the street, and fast for the track.

you can get a large enough turbo that will suport 700 hp that you will be able to drive it around every stinkin day and never boost on it, because it doesnt start spooling till 4500 rpm, this way you keep it safe on the street(when you want to) and it will run like a champ at the track... now if you were to mash the gas on the street im sure you would be blazing the tires off with ease. oh yea, the highway is much more fun than driving around town !.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, maybe I will keep the turbo I have now, I just hate lag so much, and yea I love the highway, pulling on vetts and trans ams is a blast but I just love the twisties also and would like to be quicker out of the apex, I hate mashin the gas and not feeling the pull till you should be braking for the corner.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DA_HONDA_BOY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">some turbo manifolds spool faster then others it's not
always size of turbo

you can see about 500-2000rpm faster spool

and log type manifolds suck it's gonna eat your turbo up</TD></TR></TABLE>

what kind of mani would you reccomend? mini ram maybe?
Old 12-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

gt2871r or 3071r or bullseye 256

a 28rs would be at its absolute max around 350whp

if being cheap was part of the plan then a s256 would be my choice
Old 12-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea mini ram will do better then a log but the big ram is better then the mini ram
and the top mount is the best of all but it's $1300</TD></TR></TABLE>

agree the top mount would be the best but you keep talking about keeping cost down so i'd go with the ram if you look around you can find one that won't kill your budget... also you want fast spool a ball bearing turbo will also help with this but once again there are a lot more money....it's asking alot to want a no lag high powered honda on the cheap....think about it, everyone would be doing just that
Old 12-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what about an inline pro mani?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:28 PM
i ♥ snails

your going to want a nice fat oil cooler for sure
Old 12-03-2007, 09:42 PM

gt28R or similar journal bearing turbo. and please use the full radiator not the half radiator.. and a oil cooler is a must on a road track car
Old 12-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quicksilver1689 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your going to want a nice fat oil cooler for sure</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 12-03-2007, 10:41 PM

A 50 shot of nitrous will solve the lag problem!
Old 12-04-2007, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are you going to get the block sleeved??because ive tried to build a car similar to this, and drive it every day, cracked a sleeve in a week on 14psi.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^he doesn't need to get sleeved. he just needs a good tune.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (full Circling)

yea mini ram will do better then a log but the big ram is better then the mini ram
and the top mount is the best of all but it's $1300</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea I have a regular ram horn mani right now, Im not 100 percent sure on this but a smaller mani and shorter runners of a mini ram are better for what im trying to do right? def not getting a top mount

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoolin turbo s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">gt2871r or 3071r or bullseye 256

a 28rs would be at its absolute max around 350whp

if being cheap was part of the plan then a s256 would be my choice</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea sounds like a 28rs would be perfect, if I want to cough up the dough

I may just go with a 50 trim t3t4, what you think?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aladdin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A 50 shot of nitrous will solve the lag problem!</TD></TR></TABLE>

no

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegman23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you going to get the block sleeved??because ive tried to build a car similar to this, and drive it every day, cracked a sleeve in a week on 14psi.</TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds like you got something else wrong like the tune or building issues.

So: thank you for the replies, keep em coming plz.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:07 AM
i ♥ snails

cooling is going to be key, a really strong manifold that will deal with all the heat cycles will be critical, i think a .83 gt28 turbo would a good match for your motor, good spool, but youll have the top end hondas are known for
Old 12-04-2007, 11:47 AM
vestalfootball72

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DA_HONDA_BOY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">some turbo manifolds spool faster then others it's not always size of turbo

you can see about 500-2000rpm faster spool

and log type manifolds suck it's gonna eat your turbo up</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont think you know what your talking about...

OP-
PM mrlegoman
He knows his stuff.

Dont forget about ceramic coating everything

Quick Reply: tell me how to build a fast spooling, high revving turbo track honda that wont blow up