Notices

T70 b16a needs Reliable StandAlone ?? Easy-to-use ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T70 b16a needs Reliable StandAlone ?? Easy-to-use ??

ok i have a question for anyone who has advice for me..

my boyfriend's running a b16 in a 5speed '95 ex coupe.. OBD1.. just got the A'PEXi VAFC-II and he's selling it, because we've both heard nothing but bad news if he wants to boost more than 10-12psi.. (even if you do get a 3 or 4.4 bar MAP sensor) He's throwing a T3/T4 T70 Turbo on this bad boy and wants to boost 18-25psi, with a stand-alone or a really really good piggy-back.. looking into AEM, MoTeC, Autronic, FAST, etc etc.. Need to know what system will give the most potential to the set-up...

He's got a bunch of engine mods, including: skunk2 stage2 clutch; exhaust; 450cc injectors; pistons; fuel pump; connecting rods; cam gears; camshaft; thicker head gasket; he's running 9:1 compression on pump gas (super); and a 30"x7" intercooler courtesey of his beautiful girlfriend hehe..

just let me know what you think.. his mechanic is great but he's stuck on the VAFC-II idea and I've heard nothing but poop about boosting a honda on the A'PEXi system.. as it was suggested to me, the mechanic probably doesn't know how to run/tune a standalone so he wants to keep it simple..

is there such thing as a really good piggy-back system?

also.. what is the difference between a BlockGuard and an InterLocking BlockGuard.. would an IL be seperate pieces (and therefore weaker)??

and.. should you be using MSD for any of the applications I've mentioned.. i mean, where would it be useful and where would it be a waste??

..holla @cha girlie.. <3 one <3
Old 09-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: T70 b16a needs Reliable StandAlone ?? Easy-to-use ?? (sellmeyoursol)

U got a sister? damn!
Old 09-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: T70 b16a needs Reliable StandAlone ?? Easy-to-use ?? (Boostage)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">U got a sister? damn!</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, thatd be nice to know

for the money, i dont really think you can beat the AEM. I'd say the stock ignition would be up to the task, just replace the rotor, etc. make sure its in good working condition
Old 09-11-2004, 04:16 PM

Default Re: T70 b16a needs Reliable StandAlone ?? Easy-to-use ?? (sellmeyoursol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sellmeyoursol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i have a question for anyone who has advice for me..

my boyfriend's running a b16 in a 5speed '95 ex coupe.. OBD1.. just got the A'PEXi VAFC-II and he's selling it, because we've both heard nothing but bad news if he wants to boost more than 10-12psi.. (even if you do get a 3 or 4.4 bar MAP sensor) He's throwing a T3/T4 T70 Turbo on this bad boy and wants to boost 18-25psi, with a stand-alone or a really really good piggy-back.. looking into AEM, MoTeC, Autronic, FAST, etc etc.. Need to know what system will give the most potential to the set-up...

He's got a bunch of engine mods, including: skunk2 stage2 clutch; exhaust; 450cc injectors; pistons; fuel pump; connecting rods; cam gears; camshaft; thicker head gasket; he's running 9:1 compression on pump gas (super); and a 30"x7" intercooler courtesey of his beautiful girlfriend hehe..

just let me know what you think.. his mechanic is great but he's stuck on the VAFC-II idea and I've heard nothing but poop about boosting a honda on the A'PEXi system.. as it was suggested to me, the mechanic probably doesn't know how to run/tune a standalone so he wants to keep it simple..

is there such thing as a really good piggy-back system?

also.. what is the difference between a BlockGuard and an InterLocking BlockGuard.. would an IL be seperate pieces (and therefore weaker)??

and.. should you be using MSD for any of the applications I've mentioned.. i mean, where would it be useful and where would it be a waste??

..holla @cha girlie.. &lt;3 one &lt;3</TD></TR></TABLE>

well 28 ps1 on a t70 youll need to ditch those 450 injectors and bump them up a few hundred ccs

aem is nice and its a plug and play ems, the autronic is also a nice system and if your mechanic is stuck on the afc thing dont even bother with motec. its probably the best system you listed but all the info needs to all be entered manually and need a really good understanding of a efi system,

good luck and how i miss SI X NY
Old 09-11-2004, 04:42 PM

Default Re: T70 b16a needs Reliable StandAlone ?? Easy-to-use ?? (b18cls1)

All I can say is don't buy a "stone mountain sports" super T70 off of ebay.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:15 AM

Default Re: T70 b16a needs Reliable StandAlone ?? Easy-to-use ?? (b18cls1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18cls1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
well 28 ps1 on a t70 youll need to ditch those 450 injectors and bump them up a few hundred ccs </TD></TR></TABLE>

damn, u really think so?? a few hundred? are you talking OVER 550s?? i had no idea that 450's wouldn't be enough.. even with new connecting rods and rockers and springs?? and since he just got the 450s they're still in the box, how much could he sell them for? and how much do 550's go for.. and damn, if they gotta be more than 550's what the hell do they go up to?!

thanks for your responses, guys, and no.. i don't have a sister..
someone so sexxy like this is one-of-a-kind
besides, if i did have a sister, she'd be a fukk'n bitch!! i'm the sweet one!

HoLLa @cha GiRLiE
Old 09-20-2004, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah 450 and even 550's are not going to cut it when you turn up the boost on a large turbo like that.

you would need like 750's min. or even bigger... depending on how much power it makes... I have no clue what kind of power level to expect on somthing like that.

check out the injector calculator and information at http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm

for example... by that calculator, at say 500 hp/ 45 psi fuel pressure/ bsfc of .60/ and an 80% duty cycle... you would need 969cc injectors per rc.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sellmeyoursol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

damn, u really think so?? a few hundred? are you talking OVER 550s?? i had no idea that 450's wouldn't be enough.. even with new connecting rods and rockers and springs?? and since he just got the 450s they're still in the box, how much could he sell them for? and how much do 550's go for.. and damn, if they gotta be more than 550's what the hell do they go up to?!

thanks for your responses, guys, and no.. i don't have a sister..
someone so sexxy like this is one-of-a-kind
besides, if i did have a sister, she'd be a fukk'n bitch!! i'm the sweet one!

HoLLa @cha GiRLiE</TD></TR></TABLE>

you sure have a lot of learning to do. 650's wont even be close for that kinda power. do you even know what kinda power a t70 and 25psi is gonna make? try about 700-800hp probly more. my freind has a t70 and he's running 1000cc injectors and is aiming for 600-700hp and he's not even gonna do 25lbs. that skunk2 to clutch is going slip like crazzzzzzzy he'll need a 4 or 6 puck

btw...you'll need God to tune it for you

good luck
Old 09-20-2004, 08:01 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: T70 b16a needs Reliable StandAlone ?? Easy-to-use ?? (wantboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for the money, i dont really think you can beat the AEM. I'd say the stock ignition would be up to the task, just replace the rotor, etc. make sure its in good working condition</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yep

Your boyfriend needs to determine how much power he wants to make.
That is what needs to be done 1st! With a T70 had better be shooting for at LEAST 350HP And yes, I sure hope it aint an ssautoshit turbo off Ebay! (SELL IT IF IT IS)
450's are going to be good to about 275 HP depending on static fuel press
550's~~340HP = Same price as 450's from Rc
Anything higher is about 75$ more up to like 1000cc

I would not recommend a block guard at all or making more than 325 HP on stock sleeves for that matter! Also I don’t think your mechanic is an actual TUNER, does he even have a wideband?? Really you need to dyno to tune that thing with an AEM EMS installed

PS: Try The Search Button
Old 09-20-2004, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: T70 b16a needs Reliable StandAlone ?? Easy-to-use ?? (Deckedlude)

aint gonna hit any large power without sleeves.

Old 09-23-2004, 09:35 AM

Default Re: T70 b16a needs Reliable StandAlone ?? Easy-to-use ??

hey guys.. thanx a lot for all your help.. i really do appreciate it..

but now, as far as "Try the Search Button" comment i must admit i thought the best way was to search through FAQs, which i did, and i wasn't satisfied, so i started my own thread.

for that comment "you sure have a lot of learning to do" ... of course i do, bro...
and actually, I'm trying my hardest to get myself as much knowledge about this stuff as I can. that's why i'm asking for you help, obviously, so come on. I wont get into it cause im not a vicious person.. I'd rather thank you. because, it's comments like that that only make me stronger and make me want to learn even more.

(sorry about that)

Yea and just for the record I dont speak for my boyfriend here, this is all the **** I wanna know. He told me the other day he wants like 700+ injectors anyway.. I couldn't believe it was so much more than stock. but again, thats why i'm here.

and now.... to continue, i'm pretty sure he's gonna sleeve the block after hearing so often 'you must' do this.

how's Uberdata vs. AEM any comments?

Oppose me if you'd like.. or help me out.. that's all im here for.. so thanx guys, for the serious help!

HoLLa @cha GirLiE!
Old 09-23-2004, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sellmeyoursol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey guys.. thanx a lot for all your help.. i really do appreciate it..

but now, as far as "Try the Search Button" comment i must admit i thought the best way was to search through FAQs, which i did, and i wasn't satisfied, so i started my own thread.

how's Uberdata vs. AEM any comments?

Oppose me if you'd like.. or help me out.. that's all im here for.. so thanx guys, for the serious help!

HoLLa @cha GirLiE! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I can't take it anymore!

I search just like everyone else! I've been here for 5 years now and only have ~1020 posts yet I seem to have built a 400hp+ car without asking every question. I did it by reading for myself and searching.

Normally you would've gotten a lot more "search" comments but I guess since there are too many guys desperate to meet a car girl you were sacraficed.

You will get answers to your questions sure but the AEM vs uberdata vs hondata vs WTFever question has been answered in multiple page posts OVER AND OVER again. You will get a BETTER answer there because more knowledgable people have replied to them over a longer period of time.

BTW: don't expect much out of a T70 and 550cc injectors. You'll run out of fuel before you even reach efficiency - that is if you can with a b16 lol.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

someone needs to do a lot more research.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Maybe she's related to the al qaeda judging from her sign on date
Old 09-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Trial User

Default Re: T70 b16a needs Reliable StandAlone ?? Easy-to-use ?? (stizzit)

Its bullsh^^, this chick is a dude who feels stupid asking ?'s so he is playing chick.

Hell i am a newbie that knows nothing about this stuff but i stand up, take the flame and learn a little just like everyone else.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:48 AM

Default Re: T70 b16a needs Reliable StandAlone ?? Easy-to-use ?? (Benjithx)

OKAY BOYS.. kindergarden, anyone?? did somebody miss their nap time today?? well, apparently, it's Clean-Up Time.. so i'm outta here...

you can find someone new to breast-feed your egos

i'm obviously not tha chick for you.

thanks to those who helped me out and to those who didnt **** off.

see you 1. on the track when my boyfriend rips you down the 1/4mile
and 2. on the track when my del sol smokes the **** outta your dumb asses.

i keep my friends close and my enemies outta mind

&lt;3 holla atcha girlie &lt;3
most of you seem to be ********.
i'm out to a new forum.

peace
Old 09-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sellmeyoursol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

most of you seem to be ********.
i'm out to a new forum.

peace</TD></TR></TABLE>

Awsome. Find a forum with the knowledge down to your level.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damnit guys....at least be mean after the pics are up....
Old 10-02-2004, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: T70 b16a needs Reliable StandAlone ?? Easy-to-use ?? (krazn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by krazn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damnit guys....at least be mean after the pics are up.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol