Notices

T.O.O. -- "Membrane IC" and IM volume theory

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T.O.O. -- "Membrane IC" and IM volume theory

i dug this up from TOO's site:

"Our IC will cool the air to well below ambient temperature, and the special "membrane" setup will not upset the air. In fact this is pretty much a zero loss system in terms of flow and there is zero pressure drop."

doesn anyone know what this means? has anyone seen pics or ever visualized it? what does he mean by a "membrane"?

additionally, i've read that the volume of the plenum is somewhat of a science. if i was to fabricate some type of heat exchanger core that would be placed in the JRSC manifold, would it mess up this "ideal volume"?

i hope someone can share a little insight.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: T.O.O. -- "Membrane IC" and IM volume theory (keebler65)

i read a lil on intakes, and adding volume to the manifold would mean in less throtle (Spel?) responce, at least in a NA engine, don't know for a supercharger, but it's a tought.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:12 PM

is it an air/air IC? if it is, i highly doubt it will cool below ambient...id have to see it to believe it.
Old 01-22-2003, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: T.O.O. -- "Membrane IC" and IM volume theory (javierb14)

is it an air/air IC? if it is, i highly doubt it will cool below ambient...id have to see it to believe it.
What, you didn't know? On a real cold day and air to air will cool the charge to below ambient.

j/k for anyone who is trying to figure out how that's possible
Old 01-22-2003, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: T.O.O. -- "Membrane IC" and IM volume theory (tony1)

It is powered by a perpetual motion machine that TOO invented in the late 70's for NASCAR
Old 01-22-2003, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: T.O.O. -- "Membrane IC" and IM volume theory (earl)

it was invented in the future and sent back to the past to save JRSCS everywhere
Old 01-23-2003, 12:09 AM

Default Re: T.O.O. -- "Membrane IC" and IM volume theory (SEFI8LOxCivic)

Actually it uses composite that have itty bitty holes in them that are smaller than a water particle. Sounds funny but it's true. NASA was using stuff like this in the SR-71 wings for cooling the fuel at mach 3+. As far as the plenum's go you just have to design it to have enough space to counter the shockwaves that cause reversion and unequal air distribution.
I don't know if he's offering the membrane yet, but I heard he was also working on this kind of stuff for the military. I didn't hear it from him, and I trust my source so who knows what else he's got going.

Tony1- If you don't mind me asking what's your problem with TOO? I'm just curious...

[Modified by tzsir, 3:10 AM 1/23/2003]
Old 01-23-2003, 12:22 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: T.O.O. -- "Membrane IC" and IM volume theory (tzsir)

Actually it uses composite that have itty bitty holes in them that are smaller than a water particle. Sounds funny but it's true. NASA was using stuff like this in the SR-71 wings for cooling the fuel at mach 3+.
u r funny tzsir, where do u get all this stuff?

As far as the plenum's go you just have to design it to have enough space to <U>counter the shockwaves that cause reversion and unequal air distribution. </U>
I don't know if he's offering the membrane yet
ur like the madd scientist of turbo hondas. i read ur posts and i think of that guy on the simpsons. "eughhh according to my calculations"

just curious? do they design this intercooler to be run w/ motech?

I didn't hear it from him, and I trust my source so who knows what else he's got going.
i am gonna have to ask who and what are your sources?

Old 01-23-2003, 03:46 AM

Default Re: T.O.O. -- "Membrane IC" and IM volume theory (DIRep)

Ever read popular science? How about any science journals? I read a "lot".
Have you ever worked with composite's? I have and do everyday. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to make stuff with them.

Gee, you're so kind to me DIrep. If you ever looked into what it takes to get a good IM design you'd know it's not easy to do. I actually have a IM just no marketing yet. Try spelling Motec before you make coments refering to it.

Funny huh? I keep people that don't want to be known, unknown. Is that hard to understand? Not everyone likes to be an attention *****, and definately not everyone wants to know they are leaking corporate secrets. Especially with secrets like this. Companies don't take kindly to this sort of things, when dealing with money. I myself don't talk to anybody unless they talk to me.

I don't care what anybody thinks I know what's possible and what's already been done.

Tony1: What's the deal no response from ya. You must be working, sorry.
Old 01-23-2003, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nobody likes TOO because he's all talk. He always has all these breakthrus and nothing to show for it. Plus there was talk of some fiasco where he had said he did some work on a wining car and apparently he did not.

Also, if you are keeping these people unknown, you really shouldn't talk about them at all. Now we have some concrete info and will send out our assasins to take care of them after they have interrogated and extracted all information from your contacts.
Old 01-23-2003, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tony1- If you don't mind me asking what's your problem with TOO? I'm just curious...[Modified by tzsir, 3:10 AM 1/23/2003]
Sorry if you misinterpreted what I said. I meant nothing negative to TOO in what I said, just messing with Javier, trying to be funny. You guys take everything too damn serious sometimes. I don't know TOO at all and have only heard good concepts from him. Weather or not he follows through with any of his ideas, I don't know. And give me a break bro. Because I don't respond between 3am and 6:45am you think i'm avoiding you?? Some people SLEEP!
Old 01-23-2003, 06:23 AM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

I don't know TOO at all and have only heard good concepts from him. Weather or not he follows through with any of his ideas, I don't know.
yeah. he's a whiz bang kinda guy, but i perfer actually using some of this cool technology instead of just thinking about it.... and most of his crazy ideas, you cant actually get. its called Vaporware (TM).

wait a min! I'll call my buds over at Lockheed and see if they have any spare SR-71 fuel tanks lying around for me to make an intercooler out of!

who wants one?
Old 01-23-2003, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i should have expected such responses from you guys.....
however, does anyone know an answer to my second question that had nothing to do with TOO:

additionally, i've read that the volume of the plenum is somewhat of a science. if i was to fabricate some type of heat exchanger core that would be placed in the JRSC manifold, would it mess up this "ideal volume"?
Old 01-23-2003, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: T.O.O. -- "Membrane IC" and IM volume theory (falc0n)

wait a min! I'll call my buds over at Lockheed and see if they have any spare SR-71 fuel tanks lying around for me to make an intercooler out of!

who wants one?
Can I have it polished?

[Modified by VTC_boost-less_CiViC, 11:02 AM 1/23/2003]
Old 01-23-2003, 07:30 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ever read popular science? How about any science journals? I read a "lot".
Have you ever worked with composite's? I have and do everyday. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to make stuff with them.

Gee, you're so kind to me DIrep. If you ever looked into what it takes to get a good IM design you'd know it's not easy to do. I actually have a IM just no marketing yet. Try spelling Motec before you make coments refering to it.

Funny huh? I keep people that don't want to be known, unknown. Is that hard to understand? Not everyone likes to be an attention *****, and definately not everyone wants to know they are leaking corporate secrets. Especially with secrets like this. Companies don't take kindly to this sort of things, when dealing with money. I myself don't talk to anybody unless they talk to me.

I don't care what anybody thinks I know what's possible and what's already been done.
im just giving u a hard time tzsir, the reason i put the wink at the bottem. Alot of the stuff u post is "off the wall" and I just want know where u r getting it from. We have to filter out so much BS on the internet i would like to know that 99% of what u say is true.

im getting motech for my vtech, is that better? force of habit i guess.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

motech system exhaust?
Old 01-23-2003, 07:57 AM
New User

Default Re: T.O.O. -- "Membrane IC" and IM volume theory (earl)

It is powered by a perpetual motion machine that TOO invented in the late 70's for NASCAR
Dude! You can't just write **** like that without a warning. Are you trying to make me choke, I was munching on some fritos and their sorta dry and i started coughing/laughing histerically..dick
j/k
Old 01-23-2003, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i should have expected such responses from you guys.....
however, does anyone know an answer to my second question that had nothing to do with TOO:

did you read the posts? i said up there that it might give you a lil lag and then

tzsir said:
As far as the plenum's go you just have to design it to have enough space to counter the shockwaves that cause reversion and unequal air distribution.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah. he's a whiz bang kinda guy, but i perfer actually using some of this cool technology instead of just thinking about it.... and most of his crazy ideas, you cant actually get. its called Vaporware (TM).
actually between larry widmer and john grudynski those two guys have some very sick ideas, if only the financial backing was available to them to put theory into practice ...

I use their more practical ideas on my racecar, and I pick their brains each day ...

btw, TOO is on this board too, I think its WhiteGhostsBlueFlames or something like that

good stuff !!!

greg
Old 01-23-2003, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: T.O.O. -- "Membrane IC" and IM volume theory (whiteghostblueflames)

larry= bullshit, imho .
Old 01-23-2003, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this isnt geoff, its javier...cant log out for some reason. im always down for some innovative technology and how it works. what issue of pop sci was that in? who is TOO and what is his website?
Old 01-23-2003, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Because I don't respond between 3am and 6:45am you think i'm avoiding you?? Some people SLEEP!
wow, thats a lot of rest for 1 day
Old 01-23-2003, 02:32 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: T.O.O. -- "Membrane IC" and IM volume theory (CHEETAH)

actually between larry widmer and john grudynski those two guys have some very sick ideas, if only the financial backing was available to them to put theory into practice ...
some things are too whizbang to be producible. some things require materials and manufacturing processes that don't exist yet.

but i really don't know anything - i am one of those engineers that has to actually produce something that works and that we can make and sell more than 1 of...

those people that come up with crazy theories and one-off examples of how to do things? i call those guys scientists. Larry's more of a scientist in my opinion.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:39 PM

This is TZSIR here. My friend couldn't log out for some reason. very bizarre.

im just giving u a hard time tzsir, the reason i put the wink at the bottem. Alot of the stuff u post is "off the wall" and I just want know where u r getting it from. We have to filter out so much BS on the internet i would like to know that 99% of what u say is true.

im getting motech for my vtech, is that better? force of habit i guess.
DIrep- It's all good I understand. It's just a little hard to see that kind of stuff when I'm reading your speech on the screen. I understand most of it's off the wall. Most of the real science is kind of out there. As far as BS on the internet usually if it sounds like it's very improbable you real need to be skeptical.

Falcon- Funny. Pick me up one while you're at it. Actually it's old technology so I'm quite sure you can get the manufacturing methods from somewhere, and making the material shouldn't be "that hard".

FFGeof or Javier (which ever it is)- I can't remember which issue of Po. Science, but TOO wasn't in it. It was just an article on the many uses of composites in the past. From what I've just read "today" on it there's a plastic which displays the same properties as the composite, but it's easier to manufacture.

The rest of you know what you can do. J/K

[Modified by Civic_intent, 11:41 PM 1/23/2003]
Old 01-24-2003, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

those people that come up with crazy theories and one-off examples of how to do things? i call those guys scientists. Larry's more of a scientist in my opinion.
To an extent Larry is, but he brings a lot of experience to the table, not just theories ... some of the things he comes up with off the top is just plain sick, I could talk to him for hours and learn more than I would from researching the internet or other sources ... why ? there are two sides to a story and sometimes when you read you get one side and not the other. In talking to Larry, I generally hear both sides, talking to John same thing ...

here is a very recent example ... discussing rod ratio properties, looking from an engineering perspective. You look at what Isky cams says about R/S ratio you decide wow, not worth the time, you read the opposite opinion you realize that people that recommend higher R/S ratios talk about a difference of going form a 1.6 to a 1.9 and thats where you see the effectiveness. John likes the higher R/S but to the effect of high rpm power you need to be able to shift so you hav eot work the gearbox, Larry says yeah high R/S is good but how practical is it ? you're gonna rev your motor to a billion RPM but what good is it if you can shift the tranny ? both guys tell you like it is and tells you the good vs. bad.

One last thing, within reason both guys put a lot of their theories into their work but get screwed because they can't get their products patented before releasing in the market, i.e. run a rollerwave piston with 13 or 14:1 compression on pump gas .. try that with an Arias or JE and see what happens ... likewise, compare a proprietary HyTech exhasut manifold to a Toda/Spoon or JUN and notice the difference on the same motor ... the difference is the anti rev chambers on the primaries as well as the way it comes off the head, ever see HyTech port the exhaust side of any head ? he matches it with his primaries, most efficient exhaust flow PERIOD.

just couple thoguhts ...
Greg

Quick Reply: T.O.O. -- "Membrane IC" and IM volume theory