Notices

switching from a precision sc50 to a gt28rs, will everything fit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default switching from a precision sc50 to a gt28rs, will everything fit?

I would of course get a t3 exhaust housing, but would that fit my current downpipe setup since they are both t3 exhaust housings?

i kinda want a better powerband with my d16y8, since i get full boost around 4500-5000 with the sc50.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: switching from a precision sc50 to a gt28rs, will everything fit? (igo4bmx)

I switched from a SC61 to a gt30r and it fit for the most part. The hot side there was almost no difference. But the CHRA is smaller on the GT series, and my intercooler ended up even less centered in my bumper, but I don't care. Also I had to run a 45 and a 90 degree -4an bend

http://www.atpturbo.com/Mercha...e=FTG

to get it to clear my manifold bracing since the oil feed was almost directly under the T3 flange. dont forget the gt series dosent use a 1/8th NPT fitting for the oil feed. it uses a 7/16x24 inverted flare.

http://www.atpturbo.com/Mercha...=GTBB

Old 06-30-2005, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what does chra mean
Old 07-01-2005, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 07-01-2005, 05:22 AM

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

center housing rotating assembly, the meat between the two buns (compressor/turbine)
Old 07-01-2005, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (dennis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dennis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the meat between the two buns </TD></TR></TABLE>

funny chit man!!
Old 07-01-2005, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (dennis)

I switched from a Precision SC32 To a garrett T3 exhaust housing and have had nothing but fitment problems all the way.

First I put my manifold on and then tried putting on my new turbo, not even close of a fit (where my old SC32 was just fine)

So I tell the guy I bought it from it didnt fit and he told me to send it back and pay for shipping both ways and he will fix it. So I did and I get the turbo back and it still doesnt fit at all.

So then i take off the manifold and bolt the turbo to it and then retry, not it is hitting the trans/block bolt and the webbing. So I grind the webbing, no problem. I grind that trans/block bolt out of place for hours and it just keeps hitting, so I tape up the turbo and put grease all over it so I know where its hitting so I know exactly where to grind. It needed to go back so far to the block that I ended up drilling a pinhole in my motor (just outside of the clutch/fly) So I filled that with JB weld and fianlly got the turbo to fit. Well now the slave cyl is right in the way of the middle of the compressor and its IMPOSSIBLE to run an intake. ****.

So I go to bolt the exhaust on and guess what, it doesnt fit. So then I had to remove my lower engine torque mount and replace an upper engine mount to compensate for the missing lower mount. After that the DP still doesnt fit, not even if I chop it. So now I've just been waiting to tow my car into the shop so I can have my exhaust remade.

I went to a turbo salesman and told him I needed a certain turbo by a certain time and it had to bolt right up. He must be retarded because he failed to mention that precision and garrett T3 housing are actually much different.

So **** that guy

Other than that, Call atp and tell them ur running a precision and want the gt28rs to bolt right up, see what they say.....

Old 07-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boltz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boltz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I switched from a Precision SC32 To a garrett T3 exhaust housing and have had nothing but fitment problems all the way.

First I put my manifold on and then tried putting on my new turbo, not even close of a fit (where my old SC32 was just fine)

So I tell the guy I bought it from it didnt fit and he told me to send it back and pay for shipping both ways and he will fix it. So I did and I get the turbo back and it still doesnt fit at all.

So then i take off the manifold and bolt the turbo to it and then retry, not it is hitting the trans/block bolt and the webbing. So I grind the webbing, no problem. I grind that trans/block bolt out of place for hours and it just keeps hitting, so I tape up the turbo and put grease all over it so I know where its hitting so I know exactly where to grind. It needed to go back so far to the block that I ended up drilling a pinhole in my motor (just outside of the clutch/fly) So I filled that with JB weld and fianlly got the turbo to fit. Well now the slave cyl is right in the way of the middle of the compressor and its IMPOSSIBLE to run an intake. ****.

So I go to bolt the exhaust on and guess what, it doesnt fit. So then I had to remove my lower engine torque mount and replace an upper engine mount to compensate for the missing lower mount. After that the DP still doesnt fit, not even if I chop it. So now I've just been waiting to tow my car into the shop so I can have my exhaust remade.

I went to a turbo salesman and told him I needed a certain turbo by a certain time and it had to bolt right up. He must be retarded because he failed to mention that precision and garrett T3 housing are actually much different.

So **** that guy

Other than that, Call atp and tell them ur running a precision and want the gt28rs to bolt right up, see what they say.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

so what was the exact t3 you were running?
or was it a t3/t4