Notices

Switched from SMC to Uberdata...Just want to say I love Uberdata!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 12:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switched from SMC to Uberdata...Just want to say I love Uberdata!

Today, I just switched from the original SMC controller to uberdata. I would like to say that it was best thing I could've done for my car. I basically used the SMC for about 2 weeks and just tuned it with the "*** dyno" just adjusting to what felt smooth, then richened it up a little after that just to be on the safe side. At the time being, I thought it was running pretty good for the smc, but I had no idea....

After hooking up my homie's (Br1anpham) zeitronix wideband, I discovered my tune was way off. It was rich in most of the power band, leanning out in other spots, due to the small ammount of adjustabily with the controls and my idle was having a lot of problems. With the tuning skills of brian (br1anpham), the car had an almost perfect 12:1 a/f under boost, and around 14:1 out of boost. The car ran like a dream compared the smc (hack). My car pulled a lot harder and felt a lot smooth part, half, and in full throttle. Also my idle stayed perfect and my mpg seemed to improve! It runs like a stock car, haha.

<U>The setup</U>
d16y8 block/ d16z6 head
D6z6 tranny with XTSS
SpoolinPerformance Manifold and Downpipe
Td05H 14b at 10psi

If anyone ever needs a uberdata tune or ecu chipped in the bay area, Brian is the guy to hit up. HT name: Br1anPham

Old 12-05-2004, 12:55 AM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Switched from SMC to Uberdata...Just want to say I love Uberdata! (xtremeazian)

i made the switch to uberdata from emanage . and im so glad i made the switch.
i burn my own chips and love messing with my uberdata
Old 12-05-2004, 01:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Switched from SMC to Uberdata...Just want to say I love Uberdata! (Hella_JDM)

Yea, I need to start burning my own chips soon. I've been low on money to buy the burner , wideband, etc. I will soon though.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Switched from SMC to Uberdata...Just want to say I love Uberdata! (xtremeazian)

On my old setup, I was going to go from the SMC to uberdata, but I blew the engine first. . .lol
Old 12-05-2004, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xtremeazian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
<U>The setup</U>
d16y8 block/ d16z6 head
D6z6 tranny with XTSS
SpoolinPerformance Manifold and Downpipe
Td05H 14b at 10psi</TD></TR></TABLE>

what size injectors are you using? ide like to see the .bin file.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:42 AM

good ****. i think he t uned another customer of mines car. accord with a h22. names ricky.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Switched from SMC to Uberdata...Just want to say I love Uberdata! (Built B16A)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Built B16A &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what size injectors are you using? ide like to see the .bin file. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Im using DSM 450cc injectors. If you want to see the map, Pm me and ill send it to you.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

PMed
Old 12-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Switched from SMC to Uberdata...Just want to say I love Uberdata! (Built B16A)

i also just got uberdata running correctly... now my SOCH goes 6psi all the way to redline with a 12.0 : 1 A/F ratio, and you can feel the power from idle to redline.. its great.

no missing link, no MFU's, anymore.. the real deal.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i loved uberdata on my old car. i cant wait till i boost my new setup so i can use it again
Old 12-05-2004, 09:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Built B16A &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i also just got uberdata running correctly... now my SOCH goes 6psi all the way to redline with a 12.0 : 1 A/F ratio, and you can feel the power from idle to redline.. its great.

no missing link, no MFU's, anymore.. the real deal. </TD></TR></TABLE>

SICK SICK SICK!!!
Old 12-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xtremeazian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
After hooking up my homie's (Br1anpham) zeitronix wideband, I discovered my tune was way off. It was rich in most of the power band, leanning out in other spots, due to the small ammount of adjustabily with the controls and my idle was having a lot of problems. With the tuning skills of brian (br1anpham), the car had an almost perfect 12:1 a/f under boost, and around 14:1 out of boost. The car ran like a dream compared the smc (hack). My car pulled a lot harder and felt a lot smooth part, half, and in full throttle. Also my idle stayed perfect and my mpg seemed to improve! It runs like a stock car, haha.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm, a REAL comparison, and one I would have preferred to see,
would be if you had tuned it on the SMC using the wideband.
and then tuned using uberdata and the wideband.

and compared those two.

because really, the majority of your shitty tune was due to you trying to "guess" it with your butt dyno. Butt dyno's really aren't that accurate
Old 12-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Uberdata "thumbs up"
Old 12-05-2004, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Switched from SMC to Uberdata...Just want to say I love Uberdata! (Tad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hmm, a REAL comparison, and one I would have preferred to see,
would be if you had tuned it on the SMC using the wideband.
and then tuned using uberdata and the wideband.

and compared those two.

because really, the majority of your shitty tune was due to you trying to "guess" it with your butt dyno. Butt dyno's really aren't that accurate </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea that is true. Too bad I didnt have access to a wideband when I had the SMC in. But overall, the SMC didnt have enough adjustments to be accurate. It had 4 different *****, idle to 1.5 k, 1.5 to 4k, 4-6k, and 6k+ , so the transisions into the differnt rpm settings were rough.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Switched from SMC to Uberdata...Just want to say I love Uberdata! (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good ****. i think he t uned another customer of mines car. accord with a h22. names ricky. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup

and project dc2 does good work. to Phil from Spoolin Performance.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:44 AM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Yea that is true. Too bad I didnt have access to a wideband when I had the SMC in. But overall, the SMC didnt have enough adjustments to be accurate. It had 4 different *****, idle to 1.5 k, 1.5 to 4k, 4-6k, and 6k+ , so the transisions into the differnt rpm settings were rough. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i wouldnt expect that to happen of course,
people get the smc to save money, cuz they are super cheap and let you run big injectors. usually widebands and tuning arent involved with "saving money" heh.