Notices

supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors???????

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors???????

ok i have some correctinject 550cc injectors currrently being used in my turbo gsr. i was wondering if anyone has been having problems with these things and y is someone telling me that their faulty, so far i havent had any problems just wanna know what the house thinks. thanks guys
Old 12-03-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Re: supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors??????? (92gsrteg)

faulty as in how? i think they are no more "faulty" than any other brand of injector. There are a lot of people running them with no probs... and if you do run into a prob tunertoys will take care of you i'm sure.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Re: supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors??????? (92gsrteg)

i got the 450 cc on my ls no problems here
put like 6k miles on them so far
Old 12-03-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors??????? (LSTDB8)

The corerct inject injectors have had many problems so tunertoys stopped selling them. If you are having problems with them then you can send them back for a complete refund
Old 12-03-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors??????? (quicksilvia)

interesting, i never new that. thanks for correcting me on that.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors??????? (sohc_turd)

Yeah i heard this too.

I'm running the tunertoys 450cc now and so far don't have any problems. about 5000 miles so far
Old 12-03-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors??????? (_gurusan_)

makes me wonder when there gonna crap out on me.
anyone know what causes them to be faulty??
Old 12-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors??????? (LSTDB8)

I don't know. I'm kinda scared too.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have actually had many customers cars that had this problem. I went through 2 sets on a friends car before switching to RCs. Its a tough call.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:34 PM

ya thanks for all the info guys, idk ive had mine now for about 6k miles and all is well, i guess im just gonna keep them till they crap out and then send them back and get some rc's. i guess if it aint broke though, dont fix it and thats what im goin by for now.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my logic as well. If i ever notice any kind of weird fuel thing i'm pulling them out ASAP.

boost + injector problems = boom.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors??????? (_gurusan_)

i have the 450cc in my tubo b16
took a **** one me in a week. one of the injectors got stuck wide open up. Made the car sound like a wrx and in limp mode. the 2nd set i got from them so far has been running great. Put about 1000miles on them so far.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:30 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Correct Inject Performance product line has been suspended.

Much to our disappointment, Tuner Toys has been forced to discontinue its sales of the Correct Inject line of performance fuel injectors. Although we have worked closely with the manufacturer to develop this injector line, many customers have experienced injector failures in the past few months. As a company focused on providing quality components at a reasonable price, we cannot continue to offer this product line, given its quality issues. We will be happy to send you a refund for your purchase amount, just send us an email to: sales@tunertoys.com

Stacey

Edit: We are pleased to now offer Precision Turbo injectors. For those customers who have experienced a failure with the Correct Injects, we will be happy to apply the purchase price towards a replacement set of Precision injectors.

Modified by TunerToys at 5:26 PM 12/9/2005
Old 12-03-2005, 06:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors??????? (TunerToys)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TunerToys &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Correct Inject Performance product line has been suspended.

Much to our disappointment, Tuner Toys has been forced to discontinue its sales of the Correct Inject line of performance fuel injectors. Although we have worked closely with the manufacturer to develop this injector line, many customers have experienced injector failures in the past few months. As a company focused on providing quality components at a reasonable price, we cannot continue to offer this product line, given its quality issues. We will be happy to send you a refund for your purchase amount, just send us an email to: sales@tunertoys.com

Stacey</TD></TR></TABLE>

You guys were always helpful everytime I dealt with you guys.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors??????? (93turbo16)

had it happen to me with my 660's, I sent them back and had a refund in no time at all. Best customer service ever..
Old 12-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors??????? (TunerToys)

Tunertoys...will you be offering a different brand in the future?

I think that RC injectors are overpriced and I don't want to wire in resistors and bore out seals for dsm injectors
Old 12-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors??????? (2000BoostedEX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2000BoostedEX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">had it happen to me with my 660's, I sent them back and had a refund in no time at all. Best customer service ever..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Customer service will always mke up for a mistake.

to Tuner toys
Old 12-03-2005, 07:30 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors??????? (Importordomestic)

Edit: We are pleased to now offer Precision Turbo injectors. For those customers who have experienced a failure with the Correct Injects, we will be happy to apply the purchase price towards a replacement set of Precision injectors.

2000BoostedEx,

Yes, we will be offering a different injector line. In fact, we just closed a deal with Precision Turbo. They will now be our primary fuel injector supplier. They have even agreed to allow us to sell their injectors as our own brand name. My thanks to Brian at Precision Turbo for working with me to get this deal completed.

As for our customers. Now that we have a replacement injector line, we will offer two options for those who experience problems with the "Correct Inject" injectors. As before, we will continue to provide full refunds for these injectors, even for complete sets, no questions asked. Secondly, we will now offer our customer replacement injector sets from our new supplier at no additional cost. Just send back the Correct Inject set, and request a replacement set from our new line.

Pricing will go up a bit on the new injectors, but will not be as expensive as RCs. Precision charges us a bit more on the larger injectors than Correct Inject did, so the price will go up on those.

We expect to be able to sell the 310-440cc injectors for $219 for a set of four, and the 525-880s for $269 for a set of four. 1000 and 1600cc injectors will be around $319 for a set of four. Clips are still required for 96-Up Hondas.

Hope that helps guys. We hated to see the problems with the Correct Injects, and apologize to our customers who have had problems. We will do our absolute best to get you guys a good solution.

The Precision Turbo injectors are not yet available in our online store. We currently (as of this writing) have 310cc 440cc, 525cc, 680cc, and 1000cc instock, but only in small quantities. 310 to 525 injectors are high impedance, and 680 and higher (up to 1600cc) are low impedance. You can order direct by email. "Sales@tunertoys.com"

Thanks from Craig

P.S&gt; Thanks for the good things you guys said about our customer service. We do try hard to offer solid products, and provide excellent customer service.

Thanks from Craig

Modified by TunerToys at 5:27 PM 12/9/2005
Old 12-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome! I was impressed by the ease and helpfulness when I was purchasing.....now I'm a loyal customer.

When will other companies learn that customer service is the key to success?

Old 12-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TunerToys &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, we will be offering a different injector line. In fact, we just closed a deal with Precision Turbo. They will now be our primary fuel injector supplier. They have even agreed to allow us to sell their injectors as our own brand name. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Which is amusing, as I always refer to them by their actual manufacturer's name... but, that's distribution agreements + such. Sounds like Precision realises that.

I like those cores, very nice upgrade.

Old 12-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that sux because after i got my refund from you I ended up buying precision 680cc injectors for 280 something. oh well, i am still very happy with you guys and glad to hear you got everything ironed out.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors??????? (2000BoostedEX)

my friend and i have been running tunertoys 550's since the beginning of the summer. ive had fuel problems, but not at all injector related. i am nervous though, so i try to watch the wb if possible.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:57 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors??????? (blackeg)

BlackEG - if you ever get tired of watching that wideband, we'll trade you out Precision injectors for the worrysome Correct Injects. Just let us know. (I'd rather have you peacefully watching traffic with the Precisions, than worrying and watching the wideband while you drive with Correct Injects.)

: )

garusan - The nice thing about selling Precisions under our own label, is that we set our own price (much lower) than what we would have to sell theirs for.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

very cool. if i go that route i will contact you guys about it. thank you
Old 12-04-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors??????? (blackeg)

The few of my customers that had a problem with the correct inject injectors seemed to have one show up not working, while the other 3 did. I never had an issue with the injectors working and then out of nowhere stop working. Maybe a little piece of mind for those running them, but dealing with tunertoys should be piece of mind in itself. They're great people. -Steve

Quick Reply: supposedly faulty tunertoys correctinject injectors???????