Notices

supercharger pricing! need some insight please

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharger pricing! need some insight please

Hi guys I got a JR supercharger. Its got the blower, manifold and intake. Also has the alternator bracket. But is missing the tensioner pulley and alt pulley along with other misc parts. I got it from someone who oowed me and gave me this to make up the difference. I want to put it up for sale and my question is how much is a fair price for this setup? Any help would be greatly appreciated! h1here's a pic of what I got minus the alt bracket
Old 02-25-2015, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: supercharger pricing! need some insight please

A complete JRSC kit in good/moderate condition goes for around $1200. If you are not already aware, these kits are not in production anymore and the parts are getting more difficult to come by. I rarely see anyone selling parts in the SOCAL forums either.

I believe your buyer will be somebody who already has a kit and is looking for those main components (blower, manifold, s-tube) as a backup or to rebuild, port, polish...

That being said, you have two things going against you
1. small buyer pool
2. time it takes to sell

All in all, I would put it's value around $500 - $700.

As a side note, if you are taking the jrsc as trade for debt, I would't even give the person that amount since you have to go through the trouble of selling it.

Good luck
Old 02-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hondalocal
A complete JRSC kit in good/moderate condition goes for around $1200. If you are not already aware, these kits are not in production anymore and the parts are getting more difficult to come by. I rarely see anyone selling parts in the SOCAL forums either.

I believe your buyer will be somebody who already has a kit and is looking for those main components (blower, manifold, s-tube) as a backup or to rebuild, port, polish...

That being said, you have two things going against you
1. small buyer pool
2. time it takes to sell

All in all, I would put it's value around $500 - $700.

As a side note, if you are taking the jrsc as trade for debt, I would't even give the person that amount since you have to go through the trouble of selling it.

Good luck
Thanks so much for your thoughts! I've been doing some looking around and thats around what I was thinking myself. I see complete ones go for 12-1800. Obviously I'm missing pulleys and small stuff. I was figuring I should be able to get atleast 500 out of it. I found another one on here missing the same plus the alternator bracket for 625 so im not too far off.

The more I think about it though I'm more tempted to just keep it lol I guess ill post it up for sale and start looking to fabricate that tensioner pulley. if it doesn't sell by the time I get it fogured out ill just Use it!

Thanks again!
Old 02-25-2015, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No problem. If you plan on keeping it you should be able to find the specs on most of the brackets (here on honda-tech) and have them fabricated. Just time and $$. Always good to have another JRSC member in the club.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I actually ran into an ad from dec on ebay with some fabd up brackets that someone had made. I actually just bought myself a tig and mig welder and I've been dying for a project lol I've been looking around to see if I can find some dimensions or atleast a good picture of how that tensioner bracket looks mounted up and maybe I can try and make it.

I also see the moss sells the pulleys for 50 each but they seem like regular pulleys that should be able to be purchased cheaper. Although 100 really isn't bad either.

The only other concern I have is the alternator double belt pulley. I cant fond anywhere that sells that or anything like it. Any thoughts?

I'm definitely leaning more and more to just keep it lol