Notices

Supercharged b20...You got one? (Of course i searched! What do u take me for?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharged b20...You got one? (Of course i searched! What do u take me for?)

Anybody???

Asked this one some time ago. Not alotta luck then. Maybe now it's different?

Even a sleeved/bored b18 displacing the same would help me get an idea...are there clearance issues (in an EK hatch)?? Can't imagine there would be. Just wanna see if it is a relatively straightforward thing, or a big PITA. It's research for a second car...I'm looking for something to be the antithesis of my current setup. (a b16)

25% more displacement, embarassingly more TQ stock and off idle boost? Sounds like a winning combination of glorious torque smeared wide & nasty across the powerband 2 me!

BTW: Yes, I KNOW that turbo will have much more potential for power, will give me so much more power for an equal level of boost, superchargers suck ***, yada, yada. SO now that that is out of the way, anyone have anything to say about a supercharged 2.0L setup

All in all I'm looking for something that is fast ALL the time, not just when I'm riding it out to redline (or 75-80% thereof)...but if i can have this with a nice, quick spool turbo that'd gimme FULL boost by 2500-3K rpms or so, enlighten me. (not trying to come off sarcastic or like an ***, just lighthearted fun )

WOW, this is much longer than i intended...sorry! TIA!

from_zer0
Old 02-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Supercharged b20...You got one? (from_zer0)

The only reason I have decied not to get a SC is due to the fact that they get so hot. 210 intake temps @ 75 deg is not firendly at all. If you had an excellent intakecooler setup it would be a nice setup. From what I have read, most people like the SC setup @ 6-8psi, then they get all boost happy and intake temps shoot throught the roof VE goes to pot and they didnt tune well enough and well you know what happens. 6-8psi would have very nice low end and just romp at almost any RPM. I would look into Endyne's kit, its expensive, but worth it IMHO>

Just my 0.02 cents tho

Blaze
Old 02-26-2004, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Supercharged b20...You got one? (Blaze45)

So because of heat and volumetric efficiency (VE, right?) JRSC is no good for anything other than the base 6-8 psi?

I certainly believe in starting at the bottom, so I'd rather buy a motor with sky-high potential than a faster motor to start that has pretty much hit the ceiling. Just trying to combat the whole TQ'less wonder scenario the H badge is known for.

BTW what endyn kit are you referring to? If memory serves there was some big scandal a little ways back about endyn and the guy who runs it (name??) being a big time BS'er. Don't remember for sure, but certainly makes me wary of anything endyn.

So does anyone think there would be a problem if the supercharger was eternally run at 6 or so psi?

Also, 210 intake temps at 75 deg...is that @ stock boost levels? If so, sheesh!

Thanx to all in advance.

from_zer0
Old 02-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Supercharged b20...You got one? (from_zer0)

A small intercooled turbo would do just that. Your looking for a t3. .48 AR-- would act just like a supercharger-- except it'd have a bit less low end (no boost off IDLE) in trade for a bit better top end.

It would probably spool by like 2500 on a 2.0L--

That's what i'd do. Can't beat intercooled boost.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:32 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Supercharged b20...You got one? (Johnyquest)

I have never herd anything bad about endyne. I always get quick and very informative info from them. As for boost psi, the more you boost the hotter things get and tears down your VE... I cant do s SC do to the fact that its 95 deg here in the summer and it would be just TOO hot... It will be hot with a turbo, just not that hot. Anyways, do what you like, hit me up on IM if you have ne more questions.

Blaze