Notices

Supercharge or Turbo GSR?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharge or Turbo GSR?

Ive got a 98 gsr with i/h/e. Am seeking a safe way to gain horsepower. Running a jackson racing supercharger kit at the recommended psi vs a greddy turbo kit at the recomended psi? Using both the engine managements the companies offer.

Daily car, ,keep in mind. Surface streets, highway, freeway usage car. Just want more power. Thank you guys for your input and help it is much appreciated.

Dont mind the price. Just tell me which ones safest and best way.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Supercharge or Turbo GSR? (atmosphere)

I run the Greddy kit on my car and it just leaves you wanting more, my car is a daily driver, sees snow ice ran everything. I was running 10psi with Uberdata but its back to 5.5psi now due to cold and shtty weather.

For the price that i ended up paying after everyhtin was said and done i could have had an a lot faster car, but if you want something that is almost complete i guess go with the greddy kit. Notice how i have nothing to say about the JR supercharger
Old 01-25-2006, 09:15 AM

turbo
Old 01-25-2006, 10:10 AM

I'd go with the turbo kit... i have heard to many horror stories about JRSC
Old 01-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Supercharge or Turbo GSR? (kblus711)

Please dont turn this into a turbo vs supercharger debate

If you cant decide look around look at prices, look at what a lot of kits make powerwise and then decide.

I understand you are asking for input for two different things here, but this usually ends up and bitch fight.

This is a great link for the whole turbo vs SC arguement
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=688120
Old 01-25-2006, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Supercharge or Turbo GSR? (urbansi)

the only reason u should go with a greddy kit, if your a 1st time nobie boost, or you want to be crab legel, i had the 15g kit on my SOHC and even at 12 psi it was slow, i mean it wasn't fast, it always left u wanting more, they are good kits for the money, but i consider them to be the fisher price of turbo kits, it's for babys.
There are so many people who fab now and you can get your own kit together for much cheaper with a bigger turbo, bigger downpipe, better fuel managment and a all around better kit

I would go with like a custom kit
Blox, Spoolin Manifold
T3/T4 SC50 *cheaper then BB*
3 inch downpipe to 3 inch e cutout *DMH ALL DAY*
3 Inch K teller exhaust
RC 550 Injectors * room to grow*
SO Many people on Ht Fab IC Pipes (Agian Spoolin I'm runing them LOVE EM*
Intercooler JRC 8 inch No Rad support cutting, can get to not cut bumper 2
Fast-Turbo or Stelth Oil Feed Line kit
You looking a bit under or over 2k, depending on price, the turbo is going to be the most bank, just depends on what you want.
Custom Kit with Crome or Uberdata
2000+ Power 250 STOCK BLOCK or more all depending but i have seen it on HT done all day

Greddy Kit New 1800
Greddy Intercooler Kit 500

Power 210 to 230 stock block
it's all up to you
Old 01-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Supercharge or Turbo GSR? (Quad-Damage)

Good response.

Another thing about going with something like a SC50 is that later down the road its going to give you the possibility to upgrade as far as boost and such with out swapping manifolds and turbos.

Dont get me wrong i like the Greddy kit a lot as far as a daily driven street car, but i wish sooo badly that i would have went with something bigger and better.
There is little remaining on my greddy kit, i have replaced the injectors, switched to a 3 inch V-banded down pipe, lost the blue box in favor of Uberdata, and also ported the turbo.

I would say look into full Race and there stage 1 kit, great manifold, great quality and the stage 1 kit comes with a great street/daily turbo, and will also leave you with options down the road. JMO
Old 01-25-2006, 02:10 PM

running the greddy blue box safe? at 5.5 psi? chill for driving freeway? occasional redlines?
Old 01-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sure its safe, thats why Greddy released it. I ran it for almost a year, saw the track with it over 10 runs, i was even running it at 7psi, but i had a WB02 on it to make sure it was still safe. High way.... yea! and redline is fine although sometimes depending on the waether it would lean out a tad, but nothing to worry about.

I wouldnt go with the Greddy kit, i thinki you will regret, as do I. JMO
Old 01-25-2006, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Supercharge or Turbo GSR? (urbansi)

turbo
Old 01-25-2006, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Supercharge or Turbo GSR? (Da K00l Aid Mayun)

99.9% are gonna say boost
Old 01-25-2006, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Supercharge or Turbo GSR? (ebp97ek)

TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurboTurbo TurboTurboTurboTurbo