Notices

Suggestions on a powerband

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions on a powerband

My setup is starting to come together and tuning is on the horizon. However Im not sure how I want my final power band to look. I was talking to Mase about tuning and he said my turbo would start to dwindle off at around 275whp because of the .48 a/r backside, but he went on to say it could push a maximum of 375-400whp. Now originally I wanted to tune to 275whp because I really like my car to pull hardest at redline, and I'm assuming that if we tuned to 350'ish the car would pull hardest in the midrange but still obviously continue to pull, but not as hard, to redline. Now maybe I have all of this confused, and if so, please correct me, but which powerband would be best for drag racing?
Old 12-01-2004, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suggestions on a powerband (tegunderpressure)

lol, i'm just a newbie. But my common sense is telling me that the powerband with the most horsepower is better for drag racing.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suggestions on a powerband (GiNuWiNe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GiNuWiNe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol, i'm just a newbie. But my common sense is telling me that the powerband with the most horsepower is better for drag racing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

common sense is telling me that you are just a dumb newbie. he's not asking us how much hp to go. he's asking what type of power band is best for drag. for example...

take how both power bands basically have the same power but they have different power bands. one has more power up top and one has more power throughout all rpm's.

to answer your question it seems to me that a power band that makes the most hp the fastest is better for drag.

ideally you want a powerband like the top line

Old 12-01-2004, 04:07 PM
95GSRTT

Default Re: Suggestions on a powerband (Deckedlude)

for drag you want the one that will produce the most power on the top end, b/c thats where you will be 98% of the time.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suggestions on a powerband (95GSRTT)

Bump.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suggestions on a powerband (tegunderpressure)

you also want to look at your gear ratios. when you shift, what do your rpms drop back to.

alot also depends on the head design, as well as many other factors....

the goal is to maximize torque and keep it maximized as long as possible....