Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Honda and Acura Technical Forums > Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

Suggestions needed: Novice Honda B18B1 turbo parts gathering

Suggestions needed: Novice Honda B18B1 turbo parts gathering

Old 12-28-2018, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions needed: Novice Honda B18B1 turbo parts gathering

Hey guys so I picked up a 96 integra with a b18b a little while back and have been getting it back on the road runs great gonna end up being what I drive to work I'm really wanting to put a turbo on it and I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here but I dont know all that much about cars worked on big trucks for a while so that's what I'm used to but I'm really not sure what to get I'd like to keep a stock block for now dont wanna run much boost or make a ton of power being it's going to be a daily but I could really use some suggestions I know cheap and reliable don't go together but I dont wanna go crazy and some suggestions on the ecu and tune and injectors and fuel pump would be great thanks guys
Old 12-28-2018, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: Suggestions needed: Novice Honda B18B1 turbo parts gathering

T3/t4 turbo
cast log or mini ram turbo manifold..... cheap ram manifolds crack
walbro 255 in tank fuel pump
450cc injectors
replace the factory fuel pressure riser and a fuel gauge ( replacement of the fuel pump will need pressure adjustments)
plan on a better clutch
small front mount intercooler
‘ECU modification using Chrome software would be the cheapest
boost gauge
wastegate ( I suggest buying a good buy ) if the wastegate fails the turbo could go full boost
blow off valve
tap the factory oil pan for the oil return from the turbo
8-14 hours labor

this setup will allow you to run 5-8 psi daily safely and most parts can be bought cheap other than the wastegate and clutch
Old 12-28-2018, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks you've helped me a lot
Old 12-28-2018, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Would the rev 9 power kit be good besides a better Watergate
Old 12-28-2018, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Billy ray View Post
i don’t have personal experience with REV9 but I’ve not heard anything bad about them. The basic eBay wastegate works ok, but there is a reason for the big price increases for the better brands. TurboSmart builds a good mid priced 38mm wastegate you should check out

Old 12-29-2018, 04:00 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

WASTEGATE, not Watergate. That was some kind of Political scandal. LOL

Go with TIAL wastegate.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys so I picked up a 96 integra with a b18b a little while back and have been getting it back on the road runs great gonna end up being what I drive to work I'm really wanting to put a turbo on it and I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here but I dont know all that much about cars worked on big trucks for a while so that's what I'm used to but I'm really not sure what to get I'd like to keep a stock block for now dont wanna run much boost or make a ton of power being it's going to be a daily but I could really use some suggestions I know cheap and reliable don't go together but I dont wanna go crazy and some suggestions on the ecu and tune and injectors and fuel pump would be great thanks guys
If you know what you are doing when buying used a set of used DSM 550 injectors work well. Other than that you need a 255 walbro for fuel.
And a basic turbo kit from Go-auto. If you like to use your hands and want cheapest non chinese possible try this assuming again you know what youre doing buying second hand (evo turbo) :
https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced...sults-3297362/
Old 12-29-2018, 04:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Balor_Gr View Post
If you know what you are doing when buying used a set of used DSM 550 injectors work well. Other than that you need a 255 walbro for fuel.
And a basic turbo kit from Go-autoworks
Complete turbo kit, add injectors, pump, S300/tunable ECU and you're off. A wideband and boost gauge are also highly recommended.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry about the Watergate I was tired when I wrote that lol I found a nice kit from go auto works for 2,100 thanks for everyones help
Old 12-29-2018, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry about the Watergate I was tired when I wrote that lol I found a nice kit from go auto works for 2,100 thanks for everyones help
‘no problem , I used to have a b18a and had it turbocharged and it was fun setup and never once gave me a problem. snap some photos while doing your install, there is a lot of people that enjoy seeing that process and info that provided from doing it
Old 12-29-2018, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Go-Autoworks is definitely the best company to go with now for D/B series turbo kits.

Other companies have slowly been dying off, and many struggle to provide the same quality/customer support. I'm speaking in reference to full kits, not just manifolds themself.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I’d say most major parts from my turbo kit is go-autoworks. Top notch parts never had any issues on my stock b16 running around 250hp street tuned and I drive the hell out of this car lol! I’ve had the parts on my car since 2013. I daily drove it sun rain snow etc for two years. Highly recommend GoAuto. Car is currently in my garage put the key in fire it up and go!
Old 12-31-2018, 02:45 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Default Re: Suggestions needed: Novice Honda B18B1 turbo parts gathering

Originally Posted by Chance EG View Post
….Other companies have slowly been dying off, and many struggle to provide the same quality/customer support. I'm speaking in reference to full kits, not just manifolds themself.
IMO, a lot of people are going the cheap route with eBay kits and don't care at all about the longevity of what is installed on their car. That's the sad part these about turbocharging a Honda. Yes, eBay turbo's have been known to make good power but WILL NEVER last compared to brands such as PTE, Garrett, Turbonetics, BW, etc. People have a mindset of buying shitty parts and slapping it together hoping to make some decent power. As for tuning the car, that important part is often disregarded. Look on CL or Facebook at all those halfass turbocharged Hondas for sale/trade. "less than 100 miles on build.....just needs a tune"....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: