Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/)
-   -   Suggestions needed: Novice Honda B18B1 turbo parts gathering (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/suggestions-needed-novice-honda-b18b1-turbo-parts-gathering-3332002/)

Billy ray 12-28-2018 05:56 PM

Suggestions needed: Novice Honda B18B1 turbo parts gathering

Hey guys so I picked up a 96 integra with a b18b a little while back and have been getting it back on the road runs great gonna end up being what I drive to work I'm really wanting to put a turbo on it and I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here but I dont know all that much about cars worked on big trucks for a while so that's what I'm used to but I'm really not sure what to get I'd like to keep a stock block for now dont wanna run much boost or make a ton of power being it's going to be a daily but I could really use some suggestions I know cheap and reliable don't go together but I dont wanna go crazy and some suggestions on the ecu and tune and injectors and fuel pump would be great thanks guys

turboLScrx 12-28-2018 06:19 PM

re: Suggestions needed: Novice Honda B18B1 turbo parts gathering

T3/t4 turbo
cast log or mini ram turbo manifold..... cheap ram manifolds crack
walbro 255 in tank fuel pump
450cc injectors
replace the factory fuel pressure riser and a fuel gauge ( replacement of the fuel pump will need pressure adjustments)
plan on a better clutch
small front mount intercooler
‘ECU modification using Chrome software would be the cheapest
boost gauge
wastegate ( I suggest buying a good buy ) if the wastegate fails the turbo could go full boost
blow off valve
tap the factory oil pan for the oil return from the turbo
8-14 hours labor

this setup will allow you to run 5-8 psi daily safely and most parts can be bought cheap other than the wastegate and clutch

Billy ray 12-28-2018 06:22 PM

Thanks you've helped me a lot

Billy ray 12-28-2018 06:40 PM

Would the rev 9 power kit be good besides a better Watergate

turboLScrx 12-28-2018 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Billy ray (Post 51817571)

i don’t have personal experience with REV9 but I’ve not heard anything bad about them. The basic eBay wastegate works ok, but there is a reason for the big price increases for the better brands. TurboSmart builds a good mid priced 38mm wastegate you should check out

NVturbo 12-29-2018 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Billy ray (Post 51817571)

WASTEGATE, not Watergate. That was some kind of Political scandal. LOL

Go with TIAL wastegate.

Balor_Gr 12-29-2018 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Billy ray (Post 51817545)
Hey guys so I picked up a 96 integra with a b18b a little while back and have been getting it back on the road runs great gonna end up being what I drive to work I'm really wanting to put a turbo on it and I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here but I dont know all that much about cars worked on big trucks for a while so that's what I'm used to but I'm really not sure what to get I'd like to keep a stock block for now dont wanna run much boost or make a ton of power being it's going to be a daily but I could really use some suggestions I know cheap and reliable don't go together but I dont wanna go crazy and some suggestions on the ecu and tune and injectors and fuel pump would be great thanks guys

If you know what you are doing when buying used a set of used DSM 550 injectors work well. Other than that you need a 255 walbro for fuel.
And a basic turbo kit from Go-auto. If you like to use your hands and want cheapest non chinese possible try this assuming again you know what youre doing buying second hand (evo turbo) :
https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced...sults-3297362/

Autoworks 12-29-2018 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Balor_Gr (Post 51817660)
If you know what you are doing when buying used a set of used DSM 550 injectors work well. Other than that you need a 255 walbro for fuel.
And a basic turbo kit from Go-autoworks

Complete turbo kit, add injectors, pump, S300/tunable ECU and you're off. A wideband and boost gauge are also highly recommended.

Billy ray 12-29-2018 04:53 AM

Sorry about the Watergate I was tired when I wrote that lol I found a nice kit from go auto works for 2,100 thanks for everyones help

turboLScrx 12-29-2018 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Billy ray (Post 51817669)
Sorry about the Watergate I was tired when I wrote that lol I found a nice kit from go auto works for 2,100 thanks for everyones help

‘no problem , I used to have a b18a and had it turbocharged and it was fun setup and never once gave me a problem. snap some photos while doing your install, there is a lot of people that enjoy seeing that process and info that provided from doing it

Chance EG 12-29-2018 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Billy ray (Post 51817669)

Go-Autoworks is definitely the best company to go with now for D/B series turbo kits.

Other companies have slowly been dying off, and many struggle to provide the same quality/customer support. I'm speaking in reference to full kits, not just manifolds themself.

b16racereg6 12-29-2018 08:21 AM

I’d say most major parts from my turbo kit is go-autoworks. Top notch parts never had any issues on my stock b16 running around 250hp street tuned and I drive the hell out of this car lol! I’ve had the parts on my car since 2013. I daily drove it sun rain snow etc for two years. Highly recommend GoAuto. Car is currently in my garage put the key in fire it up and go!

NVturbo 12-31-2018 02:45 AM

Re: Suggestions needed: Novice Honda B18B1 turbo parts gathering

Originally Posted by Chance EG (Post 51817730)
….Other companies have slowly been dying off, and many struggle to provide the same quality/customer support. I'm speaking in reference to full kits, not just manifolds themself.

IMO, a lot of people are going the cheap route with eBay kits and don't care at all about the longevity of what is installed on their car. That's the sad part these about turbocharging a Honda. Yes, eBay turbo's have been known to make good power but WILL NEVER last compared to brands such as PTE, Garrett, Turbonetics, BW, etc. People have a mindset of buying shitty parts and slapping it together hoping to make some decent power. As for tuning the car, that important part is often disregarded. Look on CL or Facebook at all those halfass turbocharged Hondas for sale/trade. "less than 100 miles on build.....just needs a tune"....