Suggestions Needed: B18C Turbo: How/where to place water cooling lines? - Page 2 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Honda and Acura Technical Forums > Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

Suggestions Needed: B18C Turbo: How/where to place water cooling lines?

Suggestions Needed: B18C Turbo: How/where to place water cooling lines?

Old 02-26-2019, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Suggestions Needed: B18C Turbo: How/where to place water cooling lines?

Originally Posted by Txdragon View Post
Good luck with this. Best I have found is that it **may** be a 3/8 coarse thread. My intention is to take the drain plug to the hardware store and see if I can find ANY possible threaded nipple fittings and see which works out. If you get one small enough, similar to a small heater core nipple, this could suffice for a turbo drain provided it threads in ok and doesn't leak from the bung. Just attach drain line and clamp that sucker down with a clamp or 2. Done and done.
What Shodan was saying is that since you can't, or IF you can't find a solution, get a radiator that has this option available. It was mentioned that Go-Autoworks sells one, and it is reasonable in price too! Upgraded radiator with the amenities you need for an affordable cost? Sold!!
Correct, my apprentice... I tend to skip the nonsense, and answer the question before it's even asked
Old 03-02-2019, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suggestions Needed: B18C Turbo: How/where to place water cooling lines?

I may have solved a mystery here after near a full day search to auto parts and hardware stores. 1 place out of 9, took the time to really help figure this out. The thread pitch of the Honda radiator drain is M14x2.0. I searched online and found a barbed fitting with this pitch. Ordered, and should know in a couple days if it fits or will be a bust.

Old 03-09-2019, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I may have solved a mystery here after near a full day search to auto parts and hardware stores. 1 place out of 9, took the time to really help figure this out. The thread pitch of the Honda radiator drain is M14x2.0. I searched online and found a barbed fitting with this pitch. Ordered, and should know in a couple days if it fits or will be a bust.
Did the fitting work, Txdragon?
Old 03-09-2019, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 0ptimus prime View Post
Did the fitting work, Txdragon?
The threads fit nicely! My only concern is the bit of weep hole.. I'll have to snap a pic but.. I don't have any coolant in my radiator just yet, so not sure.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The threads fit nicely! My only concern is the bit of weep hole.. I'll have to snap a pic but.. I don't have any coolant in my radiator just yet, so not sure.
Man, that is awesome. Hopefully this work. For my setup I decided to modify one of those joint pipe sensor adapters to accept M12x1.25 to -6 an fitting in both the upper and lower radiator hose for water lines.

Last edited by Cole D; 03-13-2019 at 11:13 PM.