Notices

stuffing a FD RX-7 TT setup into your Honda

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default stuffing a FD RX-7 TT setup into your Honda

Hey guys,

There was another Twin Turbo CRX discussion going on in the EF forum. I posted up a few replies, and after a few posts back and forth between me an drdisco69 I came up with this idea.

It involves using a sequential turbo setup and exhaust manifold from a FD RX-7. You would then make a ramhorn style manifold that bolts on to say a B18C. But on the other end where it bolts to the turbo, you flange it so that it is identical to the exhaust manifold pattern from an FD. That way you could bolt up the stock FD turbo manifold to your custom ramhorn manifold and then the FD turbo setup onto the stock FD exhaust manifold.

With the ramhorn style manifold the turbo would be facing FD manifold up and downpipe exit downwards. The turbo would then be on it's side which might caue problems with the oil system, but you should be able to clock it to the correct position.

I'm trying to dig up some of my old posts on rx7club.com where I asked whathe CFM of a 13BREW (FD motor) was. I want to compare it to the CFM's of B18C's and stuff.

What do you guys think? check out this post in the link. The first page is just a lot of pointless bickering. But at the bottom of pg 1 and starting at pg 2 it starts to get interesting.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1219289