Notices

street tuned finally!!! tune done by Trick Engineering in NH... great service!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default street tuned finally!!! tune done by Trick Engineering in NH... great service!

H. O. L. L. Y... S. H. I. T. !!!
finally driving this thing after a full year of building the new setup myself, after previous two years of just tring to get the car running blowing two motors.

The guys over at Trick Engineering are great! real down to earth people that went above and beond any expectations to help me get running...

saterday morning I tow the car to TE and got there later then I wanted to. about noon I get there and they noticed right away that I had two many washers on the crank timming gear. they knew I was haing timming issues, which doesn't relate to the washer deal but probably kept my belt from falling off the cams
the mistake I made was following the helms manual which was wrong. pic even shows the wrong crank gear for my motor (b16a2)

anyway, after they let me take re-install the belt in their garage, we fired it up and got timming dead on. tuned for idle and had a dump tube made. starts to smoke by the intake, turns out a water hose pops off, and I found a few other hoses without clamps... so I put clamps on all the hoses and everything is fine. we street tune part throttle in the rain, everything runs great, tires break loose under part throttle (feathering gas) and about 8lbs of boost... wet roads didn't help, but we managed to get to a safe driving tune so I can break in. when we pulled back into the garage there was oil spitting all over the back of the block, turns out the hose going to the catch can from the block fitting was real loose, fixed that and no more leaks... that was all the problems we ran into for the day.

I left Trick Eng around 9pm sat night, even when they closed at 6pm normally. I can't say enough how great the customer service and support was at Trick Engineering

I drove my car to work today for the first time in two years.

keep an eye out for my next post with some dyno numbers!
Old 05-09-2005, 08:24 AM

Congrats - sounds like some good service you got there !!
Old 05-09-2005, 08:26 AM

Default Re: (Drag_On)

We want dyno numbers now I'm glad it all worked out for you man. Enjoy it.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (RacerXI)

i see you took our advice of getting it towed to the tuner, good choice man. you spent way to much money/time for a motor to be ruined by something so stupid. i can tell just by your post you are probobly the happiest guy in the world right now ( i will be next week ) congrats on the successfull build and doing it all yourself. feels good doesnt it? keep us updaded with the progress and good luck with it. but most of all HAVE FUN
Old 05-09-2005, 09:34 AM

Default Re: (SSBPGSR)

congrats...i love seeing this cars progress! How many more miles until break in is over and what method of break in are you using? (hard...soft)

The is going to be one of the most beautiful looking high HP honda out there ...IMO of course
Old 05-09-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: (adseguy)

thanks everyone! yeah I'm in a different world now, just started a new chapter in my life.. haha!

guess I'm doing kinda a soft break in, I'm following what was said on my last post about reving up slowly then off the gas to let the motor wind down... now I'm just driving easy with maybe few lbs of boost here and there. change the oil like crazy and just watch everything...

compression went up from the 100psi from before tune to 150psi across just after the tune only thing was cyl #4 was at 130spi... but rings are still seating and I will check again after 500 miles. if the cyl 4 is still off then I will do a leak down to see whats up... other then that I plan to have a full tune comming up shortly.

I feel like a pig in ****...
Old 05-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (turbosi03)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbosi03 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I feel like a pig in ****...</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i like to hear, congrats
Old 05-09-2005, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cant wait for dyno numbers
Old 05-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: street tuned finally!!! tune done by Trick Engineering in NH... great service! (turbosi03)

to Trick Engineering! Great buncha guys!
Old 05-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbosi03)

Good to hear
Old 05-11-2005, 10:22 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (Turbocivic94)

updates?
Old 05-25-2005, 06:23 PM

listen guys,i work at Trick and i was there when this guy showed up. This kid is nuts,he was in a tank top and wind pants elbows deep (literally) into his car.At one point he was standing in his engine bay without his shoes on!!!! Im glad this guy finally got his car running,I cant even go a day witout my 99 turbo em1,never mind 2 years. Ill be seeing it come back once break in is over. good luck bro