Notices

Stoid Racing - Dallas, TX

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stoid Racing - Dallas, TX

Has anybody had any experience with them?
Old 06-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stoid Racing - Dallas, TX (dunkd)

Cant say I had experience with them. I was close to going to them. A guy I know in oklahoma said he got a deal from them pistons,rods,and sleeving for 1500. I was like damn that is cheap. To this day, his engine went twice on him. That made me think. I am not going there. I took my stuff to benson. That is some info I am letting you in on.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 12-18-2004, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Stoid Racing - Dallas, TX (redturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A guy I know in oklahoma said he got a deal from them pistons,rods,and sleeving for 1500. I was like damn that is cheap. To this day, his engine went twice on him. That made me think. I am not going there. I took my stuff to benson. That is some info I am letting you in on.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just had my engine done by Stoid and in less then 600 miles it developed a bad oil consumption problem. I had another shop tear it down and found that the bottom oil ring was broken on number one cylinder. I have talked to three mechanics and all say it could have only been due to poor installation. In addition the wrist pin clip on the number three piston had popped out. I would have lost the whole engine if I had driven it much longer. Based on the work they did for me I would say they are very sloppy and it would be best to stay away from them!

Modified by daddy ITR at 6:38 AM 12/19/2004
Old 12-18-2004, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Stoid Racing - Dallas, TX (dunkd)

I hear there machine work is good, Its just the assembly thats bad. (all 4g63s) Head was not tourqed down along with some other things, and on another the car is having oil pressure problems.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow back from the dead...

guess i should fill in about my story... i bought a block that was built by them that had zero miles on it and i put it in my car... it had a constant coolant leak and i could never find it. decided to pull the motor and the block had two small cracks in it. the block has darton sleeves so when they pressed them in they cracked the block.

i shipped it back to them and they welded it then pressure tested it and tell me that it will be fine. I have talked to a couple other builders around me and they said this should be fine. I should be getting the block back from them soon (2 months after them recieving it).

also problems with the block were that two of the 10mm water pump bolts were stripped out and the oring gasket in the oil pump was pinched so it leaked oil there...

all in all BIGGGG
Old 12-19-2004, 08:02 AM

Default Re: (dunkd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dunkd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the block had two small cracks in it. the block has darton sleeves so when they pressed them in they cracked the block.</TD></TR></TABLE>

did they pay for your expenses ......... or are they just fixing the block for free ?

I haven't heard back from them yet on my problem, but as a minimum think they should reinburse me for the sloppy job they did.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:31 AM

Default Re: (daddy ITR)

Im still having problems with them to this point. The first problem was that the block had a little small hole right in between the water pump and the oil pump so fix that then. The second problem was that sleeve number 3 sunk while it was being dynoed at vsv. It made 385 hp when the sleeve sunk and the head gasket blew. Then i take it to my dads shop and take the head off and replace the gasket because at this point i was not sure if the sleeve had sunk or the gasket blew up. I drive it two blocks down the street then i see steam coming out of my exhaust so i take the motor out and take it to stoids. So they tell me that sleeve 3 fell in so they resurfaced the block put it all back together. Then i take it back to the shop put new head gasket on it then it does the same thing it blows it again so i take the head to get it resurface put another gasket it only lasted 2 days. Then i put another gasket and barrowed a diffrent torque wrench to see if it was my torque wrench that was causing the problems. I come two find out that it not my torque wrench blows another gasket. I take the head off again and at this point i see scratches on the cylinder walls. so right know the blocks is back at stoids to see if they can fix it. At the end i used 6 head gasket and only used it like 100 miles and it still does not work.

Check this pics out
http://www.imagestation.com/pi...b.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/pi...b.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/pi...4.jpg
Old 12-19-2004, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Stoid Racing - Dallas, TX .....BAD machine work and install

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blacky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im still having problems with them to this point.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think it maybe time to do a class action suit against this shop. Looks like they can't do anything right or they just don't care !
Old 12-19-2004, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

they paid for everything with mine, i just had to pay the shipping to them.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The first problem was that the block had a little small hole right in between the water pump and the oil pump so fix that then.</TD></TR></TABLE>

mine had the same thing, looks like it cracked then they tried to reweld it.

There was also another hole that looked like it was rewelded on the back. I first tried to have it rewelded by another shop - then it leaked again.

Old 12-19-2004, 11:20 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

pics dont work
Old 12-19-2004, 08:32 PM

I called stoids about the leak and he told me to put jb weld. It worked but the motor had been installed so it was hard to fix it while on the car.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:39 AM

Default Re: (Blacky)

i heardn they don do a very good job....
Old 12-20-2004, 09:19 AM

Default Re: (Blacky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blacky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I called stoids about the leak and he told me to put jb weld. It worked but the motor had been installed so it was hard to fix it while on the car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yikes ! I would say call Velocity Performance in Dallas they know how to do a GREAT job in this dept. and are second to none in customer service. Phone number in my sig.

Good luck.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:21 AM

Default Re: (DJ_Malachi)

Damn, that is enought said.

Put this in the do not use list.

If a machine shop messed up my beautiful block I would have taken them to court. Thank goodness I used a good machine shop here in Miami (Abana Machine Shop by the airport)
Old 12-20-2004, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (CRX T-Si)

benson & earl...i went with them on my new block...its gonna be trouble free....hopefully haha
Old 12-21-2004, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Stoid Racing - Dallas, TX .....BAD machine work and install

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itrboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">benson & earl...i went with them on my new block...its gonna be trouble free....hopefully haha</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wish you the best of luck ...... as long as you didn't use Stoid Racing you are at least beter off then me and a bunch of others that are out over a $1000 each due to their sloppy work.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:09 PM

Default Re: (AcuraFreak)

[QUOTE=AcuraFreak] I would say call Velocity Performance in Dallas they know how to do a GREAT job in this dept. [QUOTE]

They do machine work?
Old 12-21-2004, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Stoid Racing - Dallas, TX .....BAD machine work and install (daddy ITR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daddy ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I wish you the best of luck ...... as long as you didn't use Stoid Racing you are at least beter off then me and a bunch of others that are out over a $1000 each due to their sloppy work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha cant go wrong with earl and benson...too many HT'ers can vouceh for them with their badass job. oh well.. i didnt go with stoid
Old 12-22-2004, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stoid Racing - Dallas, TX .....BAD machine work and install (itrboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itrboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh well.. i didnt go with stoid </TD></TR></TABLE>

uhm good for you
Old 12-22-2004, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Stoid Racing - Dallas, TX .....BAD machine work and install (dunkd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dunkd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> uhm good for you </TD></TR></TABLE>

talked to owner Brian at Stoid today 214 503 1068
He stated that he would make good on any problems caused by their shop.
this is a start
Old 12-22-2004, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what exactly does "make good" mean?
Old 12-22-2004, 02:55 PM

Default Re: (AcuraFreak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AcuraFreak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yikes ! I would say call Velocity Performance in Dallas they know how to do a GREAT job in this dept. and are second to none in customer service. Phone number in my sig.

Good luck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not to be a kill joy, but Stoid's is the machine shop that Velocity Performance uses.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AVATAR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
They do machine work?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Velocity does not do any in house machine work however they do fabwork, tuning, etc.

In all honesty, the first block that I had built was done by Stoid's. I got the block home after picking it up. It was wrapped in suranwrap and I really hadn't taken a look at it. 4U2NV came over to my apartment later that night and he wanted to check out the block. We undid the suranwrap and when we started looking at it, there was something out of place on it. The pistons were in backwards. Called up Stoid's and they easily fixed the problem, it was just a pain in the butt having to drive it back down to the shop and leave it with them so they could change them around.
Old 12-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Pistons in backwards?
Old 12-22-2004, 03:07 PM

Default Re: (.nate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .nate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pistons in backwards? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup. We noticed it because of the size of the valve reliefs and we were like, umm....that's not right.

Quick Reply: Stoid Racing - Dallas, TX