Notices

Stock Supra turbo size

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Supra turbo size

I've searched all over looking for the size of one of the stock turbos on a Supra. The reason I ask is my future father in law is into Supras (he has like 4 or 5 of them) and has a bunch of turbo assemblies laying around that I though I might ****** up and use on my Civic. I wasn't gonna go TT, but instead break the assembly down and use a single turbo from it and scrap the other one. So, my question after a ton of searching is what is the size of a single stock turbo on a Supra TT?
Old 07-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stock Supra turbo size (Mistamike17)

anyone?
Old 07-25-2004, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mistamike17 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone?</TD></TR></TABLE>

On the MK3 Supra's I beleive it is a CT26.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...=WDVW
Old 07-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stock Supra turbo size (Vtaaak y0)

Who makes that? I've never seen the CT series before
Old 07-25-2004, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OK, after much searching I've found out that the MK4 turbos that I have access to are CT-12a's. Does anyone know anything about putting one of these on a d series? What kind of bolt pattern do they have? Can I get access to compression maps for it? Anyone?
Old 07-25-2004, 08:10 PM

Stock TTs are pretty small, wouldnt recommened it.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stock Supra turbo size (hatchback19)

comparable to a....t25? 14b? t3?
Old 07-25-2004, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stock Supra turbo size (hatchback19)

How small are we talking here? like t3-40's or what? I need a comparison I guess.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.supraforums.com

These guys should be able to help you.

-Imran
Old 07-26-2004, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stock Supra turbo size (LeGeND4LiFe)

If I wanted to go to supra forums I would, but I asked the question here. So, once again, are you all gonna force me to go somewhere else for this answer or does anyone know what a stock ct-12a MK4 turbo is comparable to?
Old 07-26-2004, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mistamike17 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If I wanted to go to supra forums I would, but I asked the question here. So, once again, are you all gonna force me to go somewhere else for this answer or does anyone know what a stock ct-12a MK4 turbo is comparable to?</TD></TR></TABLE>

no one knows. This is HONDA-TECH not SUPRA-TECH.

Why would you ask honda guys about supras. Why don't you go search for the answers on google, or go ask on a supra forum.

come on use a little bit of common sense.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A CT-12 is comparable to I'd say.... a T22 off of a 300ZX. WAAAYYY to small for a 4 cyl engine...unless it's a bike. It would not be worth your time/money/effort to even attempt to install this turbo. If you could get a Free CT-26 then maybe.. it might be a bit laggy for your car but it would have nice top end on a Honda. Alas, I would not recommend it, unless you or someone you know can weld you up a manifold and downpipe. If you wanna go turbo, stick to a T3 hot side setup. SOO easy. This is coming from the guy who didn't.
Also, Machaf. This is the best FI forum on the internet. I don't own a honda anymore, yet I am still here, as forced induction is a universal type thing. Also, the guys on NASIOC and SupraForums seem to have their heads up thier asses, or they blindly jump on bandwagons without doing their homework (worse than on H-T) Please don't jump on this guy for asking about something you can't answer. He asked about a certain turbo pertaining to a Honda application, so it is relevent. Another forum would not be able to answer his question in regards to it's usefulness on a Honda.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stock Supra turbo size (JalopySiR)

Thank you JalopySiR. Exactly what I was looking for. Now that I see that this is too small for my car, I'll look at other things. Also, thanks for the backup.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MachAF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

no one knows. This is HONDA-TECH not SUPRA-TECH.

Why would you ask honda guys about supras. Why don't you go search for the answers on google, or go ask on a supra forum.

come on use a little bit of common sense.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Apparently someone knows. I know this is Honda-tech. I drive a Honda and I was considering putting it on a Honda

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mistamike17 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The reason I ask is my future father in law is into Supras (he has like 4 or 5 of them) and has a bunch of turbo assemblies laying around that I though I might ****** up and use on my Civic. I wasn't gonna go TT, but instead break the assembly down and use a single turbo from it and scrap the other one.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

And yes, I searched on google for about an hour last night before and while I was posting this stuff.

come on use a little bit of common sense.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JalopySiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WAAAYYY to small for a 4 cyl engine...unless it's a bike.
.....it might be a bit laggy for your car but it would have nice top end on a Honda. </TD></TR></TABLE>

so it's super small and might be ok on a bike but it will be laggy on a honda with good top end!? nonsense
Old 07-26-2004, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stock Supra turbo size (Bailhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bailhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so it's super small and might be ok on a bike but it will be laggy on a honda with good top end!? nonsense</TD></TR></TABLE>

READ, he said...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JalopySiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A CT-12 is WAAAYYY to small for a 4 cyl engine...unless it's a bike. It would not be worth your time/money/effort to even attempt to install this turbo. If you could get a Free CT-26 then maybe.. it might be a bit laggy for your car but it would have nice top end on a Honda.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He is talking about 2 different turbos. The ct-26 is larger and that ct-12.

Old 07-26-2004, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stock Supra turbo size (Bailhatch)

Reading comprehension Pwnz j00!
Old 07-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

recently someone on here put a ct26 onto their silver crx (i think it was a crx anyways.)
Old 07-29-2004, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Stock Supra turbo size (TRD MA70)

how small is a c-12 exactly? I mean if it is around the size of a t25 or something it would be just fine for a d-series.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stock Supra turbo size (SOHC_MShue)

The CT-12a and CT-26 are made by Toyota. They have their own unique design and are not really comparable to other turbos such as Garretts but their physical dimensions are similar. A CT26 is comparable to a T3, T4, or other hybrid while the CT12 would be a smaller unit about the same size as a T25 but most likely smaller than that. Both turbos are oil and water cooled. I do have a CT26 for sale, if interested PM me.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Stock Supra turbo size (pngfolife)

i think it sounds like the C12 would be fine for a sohc with power goals around 150-200whp.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stock Supra turbo size (SOHC_MShue)

Nope. It's comparable to a T22. Very small. If you divide 3 liters( supra engine size) by 2, you'll get 1.5, smaller than most hondas, and honda heads breath much better than most other heads out there. Even the SOHC units. Meaning an average 1.6 SOHC non-VTEC will easily outflow a T22 turbine housing. This is coming from the T25 Guy. I would NEVER put a turbo that small on a honda. Also, if I did, I wouldn't even expect it to flow 150 HP.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If i recall supras have two differently sized sequential turbos. So seeing as I am right, you could probably use the bigger one of the bunch and get away with it. Remember supras can make 600hp on stock turbos
Old 07-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stock Supra turbo size (Boltz)

You're wrong.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

...About pretty much everything in that reponse...
Old 07-30-2004, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JalopySiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Reading comprehension Pwnz j00!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, yes it does. Amazing that I can use the keyboard right? If only I had your spelling accuracy and my reading comprehension, I would just have nice ladies take care of me all day while the state pays for them to wipe my retarded *** and feed me ******* baby food

Quick Reply: Stock Supra turbo size