Notices

Stock B18 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock B18 turbo

I have a 93 B18 in a 91 CRX. I have a GSR cable tranny,skunk2 intake, and thats pretty much it. I know i have to get rid of my AEM cold air off when i turbo the motor. My question is with stock internals and valvetrain what PSI should i run??? I have a mitsibishi TD05 turbo with a front mount intercooler off of a stock Chrysler TSI qonquest. The turbo and the Universal Front mout is in perfect condition. The turbo runs 14 PSI stock so i know i have to buy a PSI controller I thought about the GReddy stage 2 electronic model. What are your opimions on that set up? As far as the turbo manifold goes i though about buying a STONE MOUNTAIN manifold off of ebay they are $199. for the DSM turbos. OK.. questions are... what PSI contoller, how much PSI i can run Street and Strip, what kind of exhaust should run (aftermarket or custom) and what size Exhaust piping, can i run stock fuel system, where can i get the turbo tubing (stock or custom), blow off valve or no blow off valve, and lastly(i BELEIVE??) where can i get the oiling system where i can tapp my oilline on to the oilfilter spacer (i think thats right??). Im new to turbos and i really need some help on this one!! I dont really want a real HOTT motor i just want a stock turbo B18 CRX. After all of this what kind of power should i expect in horses and torque. I would appreciate your help!! THANX

P.S. my email is jdc6773@hotmail.com DAVID
Old 05-26-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Stock B18 turbo (crx1967)

Theres a button at the top right of every page on this website that says Search. Use it, I did when I was new just like you. Back in the good old days.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:49 PM

with a boost controller you will only be able to go above the wastegate spring, not below. you will have to buy a new spring for lower psi for the wastegate. as far as how many pounds, don't ask how many pounds, ask how much hp.
i have a turbo b18b, which is what i am assuming you are talking about, well, a b18a. witht hose, people have gotten as much as 300hp on stock internals, but i am running about 220 hp on stock internals. that is a little over 8psi with my setup. i personally won't go much beyond that just because i can't afford much more. But turbocoop is right, just go up and search, this subject has been covered a lot.