Notices

Stealthmode Oil Line Kit fittings not fitting into turbo???

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stealthmode Oil Line Kit fittings not fitting into turbo???

i just recently bought a stealthmode oil line kit from http://www.lsdmotorsports.com and when i went to put the oil feed fitting into the turbo (t3/t4), it was too small, so i couldn't even screw it into the turbo. also, the screws that hold the oil drain flange onto the turbo, was also too small. so i couldn't even screw any of the fittings into the turbo. i contacted LSD about this, and they will get it fixed, but i was just wondering if anyone had similar problems?? i looked on the papers in the kit, and it specifically said "t3/t4 oil line kit" but the fittings were too small...any inputs??
Old 02-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Stealthmode Oil Line Kit fittings not fitting into turbo??? (itsJDMyo)

Yeah, I had that problem too. You need a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter for the inlet and 3/8" x 16(16 threads per inch that is) bolts. You will also have to hollow out the drain flange holes alittle to fit the bigger bolts.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would get ahold of Steve (Stealthmode) or Mike at LSD and tell them about your problems.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:04 PM

Default Re: (Jmunk)

I've responded to your pm.

LSD Motorsports is one of two distributors of our oil line kits and it's possible he sent the wrong fittings. He seems to always be breaking up kits for those just needing the feed or drain side. If LSD doesn't send you the correct parts, please let me know, and sorry about the inconvenience. -Steve
Old 02-21-2006, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Stealthmode Oil Line Kit fittings not fitting into turbo??? (Bird333)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bird333 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, I had that problem too. You need a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter for the inlet and 3/8" x 16(16 threads per inch that is) bolts. You will also have to hollow out the drain flange holes alittle to fit the bigger bolts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've seen this situation come up with some of the newer T3 turbo's. 99% of all T3 turbo's use a 1/8npt inlet thread size, but for some reason there are now T3's being manufactured with a 1/4 thread size. I know blast performance is one of the sources for these turbo's. This makes it very hard to determine if this new thread size applies to any given T3 turbo customer. We've always listed the dimensions of each of our kits on our website in hopes that these dimensions will be double checked before ordering. We don't want you to have the wrong parts, and sending parts twice isn't something we're fond of either. Here's a link to these dimensions:

http://www.stealthmodeperforma...shtml

Of course we know that many customers do not double check these dimensions, and we are glad to send out the correct parts after the fact (assuming there isn't an attitude problem)

If the kit is purchased from http://www.TunerToys.com or http://www.LSDMotorsports.com, they will be able to help you remedy the situation. If they don't, please contact me.