Notices

startin on turbo build as soon as it warms up...let me know what you think

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default startin on turbo build as soon as it warms up...let me know what you think

ok here is the setup i am gonna probably go within my 00 si b16a...this is what i have searched and read and reviewed over and over. my power range is anything between 300to375hp. so let me know what you all think thanks....i start ordering stuff next month. thanks

Precision SC61 Turbocharger
Precision AS1025 Front Mount Intercooler
Full Race ProStreet AC Manifold
Full Race ProStreet AC Downpipe
Custom Intercooler Piping
Stainless Steel Oil Feed/Return Lines
Couplers/T-Bolts
Tial 38mm Wastegate
HKS Super Sequential Blow Off Valve
Golden Eagle Vacuum Manifold
Greddy Oil Catch Can
Fluidyne Half Size Radiator
GM 3 Bar Map Sensor
Precision 780cc Fuel Injectors
Walbro 255lph HP Fuel Pump
ARP Head Studs
CP 9.0 Compression Pistons
Manley Connecting Rods
OEM Replacement Headgasket
NGK BKR7E Spark Plugs
NGK 8mm Spark Plug Wires
Kteller 3" Cat Back Exhaust
Supertech Titanium Valve Springs/Retainers

Let me know what you all think and how well i have done on my research lol. thanks i cant wait to start
Old 01-28-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: startin on turbo build as soon as it warms up...let me know what you think (B18Sleeper)

oh one thing i dont understand on the sc61 turbo is the A/R ratio and wheel Style/Trim... the options are

A/R Ratio
.48 or .63

Wheel Style/Trim
T350/76
T04/69
T04/76

dont know which is better or worse for my setupi thought maybe the .63 and 69 trim but i aint sure
Old 01-29-2007, 03:33 AM

Default Re: startin on turbo build as soon as it warms up...let me know what you think (B18Sleeper)

anyone???
Old 01-29-2007, 12:56 PM

bump for some opinions
Old 01-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why you waiting for it to warm up, ***** I just put my kit on my DD, it was a whoppin 20 degrees Here's to street tuning in the snow.

I'd say .63, i use a .48 on my SOHC track car. Just trying to get some others to chime in for ya

Nice parts though, throwing some money at her thats for sure.

Have fun.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: startin on turbo build as soon as it warms up...let me know what you think (coneheadsracing)

i'm waiting for it to warm up cause i dont have a garage to do this in until the summer comes cause that is when i get to move out of my shitty appartment and get a duplex with a garage. that is why i am waiting. but yes i am throwing some major money down on her and i hope she runs amazing with it lol...but thanks on the A/R opinion.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had a .48 turbine on my B16 with a stage 2 wheel in it (makes it just about half way in between the regular .48 and .63) and it spooled all the way (8 psi) at about 4500-4800 rpm. It's alot about personal preference. The .48 will spool sooner but will somewhat flatten out at the top, but the .63 will spool later but will hit VERY hard all at once and pull all the way to red line. The .63 also has more power potential than the .48..i.e. bigger hole, more flow. Smaller hole, quick spool, but less top end. If I was you, I would go with the .63 just becuase you have a pretty strong setup and you will want more power sooner than you think.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18Sleeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh one thing i dont understand on the sc61 turbo is the A/R ratio and wheel Style/Trim... the options are

A/R Ratio
.48 or .63

Wheel Style/Trim
T350/76
T04/69
T04/76

dont know which is better or worse for my setupi thought maybe the .63 and 69 trim but i aint sure</TD></TR></TABLE>

go .63 / T350/76
Old 01-29-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: startin on turbo build as soon as it warms up...let me know what you think (B18C1CYA)

could u explain why? i would like to understand it more than just buy it cause someone said...i want to learn about turbo and how to build the best boosted motor i can. thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 06:17 AM

bump.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like a good setup. similar to my old one but i was on a gsr block. you don't need all that to hit 300whp just so you know. i was able to make the #'s in my sig with my setup on an SC61. As someone suggested if you're going to go with the SC61, go with the .63 a/r and the T350 wheel. it's actually the smallest SC61 available as precision's site is outdated and they don't actually offer a .48 a/r in that turbo anymore. I'd stay with this combo because it'll give you the best "street" powerband especially on a b16. if you're only looking for 300-375whp though i'd actually go smaller on the turbo. more like an SC60 (60-1hifi) or SC44 (60 trim)
Old 01-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: startin on turbo build as soon as it warms up...let me know what you think (Zeusfire69)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Zeusfire69 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had a .48 turbine on my B16 with a stage 2 wheel in it (makes it just about half way in between the regular .48 and .63) and it spooled all the way (8 psi) at about 4500-4800 rpm. It's alot about personal preference. The .48 will spool sooner but will somewhat flatten out at the top, but the .63 will spool later but will hit VERY hard all at once and pull all the way to red line. The .63 also has more power potential than the .48..i.e. bigger hole, more flow. Smaller hole, quick spool, but less top end. If I was you, I would go with the .63 just becuase you have a pretty strong setup and you will want more power sooner than you think.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Turbo's are a fun thing to figure out. I can hit 15 psi. by then on my SOHC with a .48/.60 thunderbird svo super 60 or whatever the hell that turbo is.

My friend has a sti turbo on his b-series. Nice turbo, spools quick and pulls all the way at 10 psi. I guess they do some **** with there wheels to make it flow better for its size, or something like that.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: startin on turbo build as soon as it warms up...let me know what you think (M.A.R.C.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by M.A.R.C. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like a good setup. similar to my old one but i was on a gsr block. you don't need all that to hit 300whp just so you know. i was able to make the #'s in my sig with my setup on an SC61. As someone suggested if you're going to go with the SC61, go with the .63 a/r and the T350 wheel. it's actually the smallest SC61 available as precision's site is outdated and they don't actually offer a .48 a/r in that turbo anymore. I'd stay with this combo because it'll give you the best "street" powerband especially on a b16. if you're only looking for 300-375whp though i'd actually go smaller on the turbo. more like an SC60 (60-1hifi) or SC44 (60 trim)</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok i dont need all of this could u elaberate on that a little for me and tell me what i dont need? i mean most of this is cause i may want more power but i dont want to much power on a street car you know. it wont be a daily driver cause i am going to get a hold of 92-95 civic coupe for a dd when i find one for a good price...about the turbo i was told and read where it would be better to run a bigger turbo at a lower psi than a smaller turbo at a higher psi is the only reason i chose the sc61. thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In my opinion...since you're going with a FR manifold anyways...just order the full kit. I'd go with the Stage 1. You can easily meet your goals with it and have room to grow. Plus spool will be alot better than the SC61...which is overkill for your goals. Just my 2 cents!
Old 01-30-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: startin on turbo build as soon as it warms up...let me know what you think (JDM_EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In my opinion...since you're going with a FR manifold anyways...just order the full kit. I'd go with the Stage 1. You can easily meet your goals with it and have room to grow. Plus spool will be alot better than the SC61...which is overkill for your goals. Just my 2 cents! </TD></TR></TABLE>

well i dont wanna go a full race kit because my goals now may change...i set my goals low cause i may want more of this motor in the future and a bigger turbo would suit that better. and i really dont wanna have to switch out turbo fmic etc cause i want more power...the way i see it is build for major power so if i want it it wont take much to get there instead of wasting money on parts i will have to replace. but i dont know this is why i am asking u all....cause i can tell u i will prolly want more than 375 in the future
Old 01-31-2007, 10:39 AM

anyone help me on what i dont need? cause as stated above someone said it was a little overkill but is it overkill if i plan to push more out of it later on?
Old 01-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Actually...with a FR kit you'd only need to change out the turbo if your goals grew bigger. The difference between the stage 1 and stage 3 both GT and non-GT are only the turbos
Old 01-31-2007, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree 100% on the FR kit.

Also, the Turbo Tuff Manley rods? I thought those were a little high. They might not be needed on a "lower" horsepower car. Could save some bucks.

Anyways goodluck on the car, hope start to finish goes well.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: (Wickedsol94)

i have been told this entire time to build my own turbo kit cause it will benefit off more down the road if i deside to push more hp out of my car. now i am told to go back to the first thing i wanted a full race kit. and how is it any different building one or buying one when there around the same price?
Old 02-01-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: (B18Sleeper)

anyone shine more light on this? build my own turbo kit or just buy a FR kit? thanks
Old 02-02-2007, 01:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if i were you i would go with a FR kit....then you dont have to worry about waiting for custom parts to be done and that sorta....am definatly sure you would agree with me its easier to deal with one person instead of multiple poeple! oh yea if you wanted the manley too FR could get those! FR are nothing but good poeple you could trust.....your whole project could go on pause as soon as one part doesnt show up!
Old 02-02-2007, 06:32 AM

Default Re: (IntegraTypeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraTypeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if i were you i would go with a FR kit....then you dont have to worry about waiting for custom parts to be done and that sorta....am definatly sure you would agree with me its easier to deal with one person instead of multiple poeple! oh yea if you wanted the manley too FR could get those! FR are nothing but good poeple you could trust.....your whole project could go on pause as soon as one part doesnt show up!</TD></TR></TABLE>

well it doesnt matter to me how long the car is parked cause i dont have the 10k to drop on it right this second so it will be sitting a while anyways so custom parts and on pause cause a part isnt here aint that big of a deal but i may go with the full race kit anyways just to stay kinda simple
Old 02-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The kit will be easier but I would go with a T3/60-1 w/ .48 a/r, supports up to about 500hp and will still spool really nicely. It will still be very streetable but have plenty of room to grow.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:13 AM

Default Re: (Ntense90crxsi)

does the FR kits have that option?
Old 02-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes. The stage 2 kit comes with a 60-1

Quick Reply: startin on turbo build as soon as it warms up...let me know what you think