Notices

Started my project : PMR-T

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Started my project : PMR-T

Well after months of prep an saving I finially started my long desired project of turboing my car. A little back ground on the car, I bought it about 2yrs ago with only 50k mi. After going through some stages and motors I finially got around to my senses an stuck to just one, OEM clean, an a Semi bulit poor mans type R. Well with that out of the way, Onto the project...

Today started out good, I changes the HG (for reassurance) Tourqed the ARP's,
ran the oil lines plus added the oil filter sandwich. I mounted the turbo (T3 50trim) to the manifold and bolted up the WG. Tomorrow I will finish the oil return to the oil pan an install the 450 RC injectors Plus if time allows I will start mocking up the IC piping. Then after that its onto the Hondata S300 and the over look of the install for anything I might have missed But for now this is all I have done. My goal is to try to make high 200's with this setup an reach 12's in the 1320. I will continue to update with pics as time goes on,thanks for looking

Old 05-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a great starter build. Keep us updated and get that beast tuned soon
Old 05-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

high 200s thats all you should be able to break into the 3s with that motor..gl looks good so far
Old 05-07-2008, 07:29 PM
official honda whore

Default Re: (91tegrals)

injectors will max out very quickly.... and make sure you get a high flow walbro
Old 05-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EARLdaSQUIRREL)

if you dont mind me asking where did ya get the manifold, and what did you pay for it?

GREAT PROGRESS!!! trust me youll love it!... i did
Old 05-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (96teggylsse)

no offense but looks like all knock off, ebay parts. also do you guys think that a straight t3 50 trim will get to those power goals? im thinkin more in the 250 range with a good amount of boost.

GL with your project
Old 05-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (dpetro1)

If I'm not mistake, its probably a stg2 turbine given the integrated internal WG. And given the fact the 50trim flows 31lb/s vs the 35lb/s the 60trim puts out, he could probably get 250-275whp at 15-18psi. I'm not sure if that turbo will like that, it likely is old and hasn't been rebuild int a long while. The turbo seems to be the only 'real' part though.

To be honest, you'll want to plan for a few weeks of downtime later on when the knockoff parts start failing, unless you have a few hundred bucks ready to buy new, name-brand parts. The decent WG's use a thick reinforced diaphragm which is difficult to tear, but the cheapies tear very easily (paper-thin at the edge). There are too many quality levels on those manifolds to guess, but since there's no QC, two twins from the same factory could have lifespans of 2 minutes and 2 years between them.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HiProfile)

Hiprofile, you are correct with most of what you said and I appreciate your wording as it was not to bash but inform the rest.

The turbo is "real" T3 50 trim and it has been rebuilt.. As for the WG, It probaly is a knock off but I still have figured out if I'm going internal or external yet. It's only on there for a test fit and location but more or less to keep debrie out. I have a block of plate made in the shape of the WG flange and a gasket to go along with it in the event I stay with the Internal. The manifold How ever is from ebay but all the joints were reinforced and welded from the inside. The only spot that wasnt was were the four pipes meet to the collector as I couldnt get in there.. Ontop of it I really like this type of manifold design. I have plenty of time to finish this an I do tend to use "name bran" stuff but if I could find an alternative I did. The injectors are "REAL" RC 450 and that should be plenty for my setup Oh and I can't forget the Greddy BOV lol. I know that the Turbo is my down fall but its to get me started. After I tweek all the bugs and replace the parts as they fail I will upgrade the turbo wich like I said is already planned. The biggest part to my build is the tunning wich I plan to spend as much time as my money alows to do with the S300 seeing on how the motor is on the High side of compression. The good fact to this is lag with be down lol.. But in any event I will do my best to do it the first time around.

Thanks to all for your comments and I will keep you updated with pics and time frame. But for now its off to the civ to start phase two of my build lol.

Edit:
Almost for got to add this.. S300 with anti lag and 2 step, plus 3bar map
Old 05-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CTR_B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CTR_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Edit:
Almost for got to add this.. S300 with anti lag and 2 step, plus 3bar map
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I like this part of the build although you will not need anti lag with this turbo. IMO you should reconsider the turbo components (manifold, wastegate and turbo itself) you are using. Spend the money and get some name brand parts. Boost is addicting so you should at least get a t3/t4 turbo (57 trim) which you can pick up for around 350 in good condition. Dont risk running that manifold either...you just never know.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (champLSinteg)

Like I stated before, I will replace it when it needs to be replaced. This is going to be my trial stage as Im already planning on building a whole nother block just for this but at this time this is what Im going with till it breaks... Sorry if its not the best but only time will tell if it gets the job done.

Thanks
Old 05-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice car man.

make sure you weld a brace or something for the manifold it will crack on you. i have the same mani...i have to reweld mine every 2 weeks.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ptftw)

Brace the turbo, not the manifold.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

brace the turbo and mani. don't want you to run it over.
otherwise....lookin good. got any more pics?
you could have run crome for now, and can run the wastegate either way.