Notices

Which Standalone?? Hondata, Motec, Haltec, Aem, etc

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Standalone?? Hondata, Motec, Haltec, Aem, etc

Seeing that there aren't that many post on standalones and the pros and cons of each and the cost to run each I wanted to know which would be better for which setups. I know many of the popular standalones are real good, but some are more complex to tune, some have more functions, and other cost more. Can you guys please list what standalone you use (including hondata which some say isn' a true standalone) and your experiences with it. Which are easier to tune, which cost less, which have more functions, which give the best outcomes, which would be better for FI and why, etc.

Hondata-The only standalone I know anything about(which is very little ) is hondata. I know that hondata is a good standalone with a lot of tuners who can easily tune it. It requires(to cost less) the use of a OBD I ecu. Its con is that you cannont use it on non hondas.

I'm sorry if this ends up to be a repost, but I haven't ran across info on any other standalon besides hondata and Aem Ems(?) on honda-tech.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:54 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Which Standalone?? Hondata, Motec, Haltec, Aem, etc (LiL_Kid)

If you use the search engine properly you will find lots of standalone post. Search the archives too.
Old 07-16-2002, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Which Standalone?? Hondata, Motec, Haltec, Aem, etc (Dee)

Yeah. I think that most people would go with MOTEC if they could afford it, atleast that is what I hear