Notices

ssautochrome?!?!?! good or bad or what opinions?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ssautochrome?!?!?! good or bad or what opinions?!?!?

i was going to buy a ssautochrome .48 trim turbo...i wanted some opinions on there turbos manifolds etc....i have heard good things from people who bought from them before but i wanted more opinions and what peoele have heard...lemme know thanks
Old 11-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ssautochrome?!?!?! good or bad or what opinions?!?!? (gdrum)

its crap, its been cover thousands of times. Did you search? If not you may want to try that, it will yeild all the info on thise perticular piece of crap.

Rob
Old 11-07-2003, 07:34 PM

Default Re: ssautochrome?!?!?! good or bad or what opinions?!?!? (rjardy)

My favorite thread of all time:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=658241
Old 11-07-2003, 07:35 PM

Default Re: ssautochrome?!?!?! good or bad or what opinions?!?!? (rjardy)

i say that from now on when people ask we just tell them to try it.. im sure ssautochrome would love us for it. lol. also if they were truly interested in finding out the reputation of the product they would search.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im glad u guys helped me out...i am just wanting to do the right thing and buy the right stuff.....im not a noob who doesnt care..i just want quality stuff...and i have heard of several peopel who have ben running that stuff for a long time and it stills doing fine...just cuious what the good word is...okay so then what is best place to get a garett or turbonetics t3/t04e ? cheapturbo.com?
Old 11-07-2003, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also i wasnt really asking about the manifolds...thats all i reserached and found answers on i was going to use a lovefab for the mani...but the ssautochrome turbos.....thats what the main question was...i talked to one guy who had one for 4 months and still spooling fine...and he was happy...but i want an honest opinion if they are good turbos or not...
Old 11-07-2003, 07:55 PM

**** cheapturbo.com buy off one of the many honda-tech vendors. ben at importparts.com might be the guy to go to since he pretty much pays for this forum...
Old 11-07-2003, 07:57 PM

Default Re: (bigwig)

cheapturbo.com has great service and support not to mention good prices.

So does ben at importparts.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slashDEVslashNULL)

okay well i need a h22 turbo mani cheapest i can get but still quality as well as a garrett or turbonetics or other kind of t3/04 .48-.50 a/r trim something of that nature so if someone could hit me up wiht prices...or what not...prefer new
Old 11-07-2003, 08:17 PM

Default Re: (gdrum)

go with a garret from http://cheapturbo.com and a http://lovefab.com mani. Prices are on there sites. Otherwise, you could get used stuff cheap, or cheap new stuff. But you said you wanted good quality right?
Old 11-07-2003, 08:21 PM

get a T3/T4 from whoever you want...i dont care...i would buy an inline pro...lovefab is great stuff...but their lack of A/C compatiable manis is a downside...even though one is just about to be released....and there is a lengthy wait...you want to wait you can get a quality lovefab is good....either or
Old 11-07-2003, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bigwig)

cody currently offers 2 differnt manis that allow the use of a/c, soon to be 3 with the cast seidewinder.

Rob
Old 11-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rjardy)

what if i got an ssautochrome turbo.......and then a love fab mani for my h22...that be okay?
Old 11-07-2003, 09:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gdrum &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what if i got an ssautochrome turbo.......and then a love fab mani for my h22...that be okay?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Well, sure. You did say you knew someone who was doing well with one right? Let me know if you get the ssautocrome turbo, and how it holds up. Can't beat the price for a new turbo - if it lasts.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeh thats the main point of the thread, im glad i know about the manifolds, but i was just curious on the turbos and how they hold up, i talked to one guy onhere who said hes been spooling on one for 4 months and still going strong, but thats only 1 person of the many that have purchased there turbos...
Old 11-08-2003, 09:46 AM

I got a T3/T4 from SSAutochrome. I also got the mani and downpipe. It is great. I haven't done a dyno test yet but my REX is really fast with the D16z6 with a greddy turbo chipped P28.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rgbintx)

thats good to hear....i just wish i could hear more good things on there turbos......we will see
Old 11-08-2003, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would definately go for it. Try it out. Im sure lots say they are ****. But actually they never own one. Looks decent to me. Whats the differents from theirs to any others? Uses the same material Weld looks dAmn good. Even a custom homemade turbo rarely does crack! Others opinion, i would leave it aside and give it a shot at it!~
Old 11-08-2003, 09:59 AM

Just buy one - its not like your losing that much money if it craps out. As long as it doesn't crumble and go into your intake Honestly, if you get one and it works out for you I might get one as well. Why not if it works.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they suck ***...plus they're customer service sucks ***!! i was the first one on h-t to buy a turbo from them and it toasted within 3 days...and i was only boosting 5-6 psi!! the bearings and shaft was toasted and the shop i took it to said it was a poorly assemblied turbo. after that incident i had them buy me a turbonetics center section and ever since then, i've had no problems. for ssautochrome!! oh yeah, and i bought the turbo for $300 and they only insured it for $100!! while i paid for full insurance.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:08 AM

Default Re: ssautochrome?!?!?! good or bad or what opinions?!?!? (shermanyang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shermanyang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they suck ***...plus they're customer service sucks ***!! i was the first one on h-t to buy a turbo from them and it toasted within 3 days...and i was only boosting 5-6 psi!! the bearings and shaft was toasted and the shop i took it to said it was a poorly assemblied turbo. after that incident i had them buy me a turbonetics center section and ever since then, i've had no problems. for ssautochrome!! oh yeah, and i bought the turbo for $300 and they only insured it for $100!! while i paid for full insurance.</TD></TR></TABLE>
eek, never mind.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ssautochrome?!?!?! good or bad or what opinions?!?!? (slashDEVslashNULL)

okay so we have a 1/3 ratio here bad/good lol...anybody else......this is for ssautochrome turbos?! ! anyone else post......
Old 11-08-2003, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i read on egay the feedback for them..and in the last like 6 months they have only had a few negative feedbacks....none of which were on the turbos....everyone praised them for there purchase of the turbo....who knows, i still might give it a shot...
Old 11-08-2003, 01:18 PM

i like companies who have good parts all around. obx hasn't proven they have good parts so i would recommend a garrett or precision turbo.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rainforest)

its not obx...the turbos are just like....well a noname turbo but hasnt received any negative feedback..ther is a kid on here with a b16 running one i know....but i just wanna find other people who went and ran them as well....

Quick Reply: ssautochrome?!?!?! good or bad or what opinions?!?!?