Notices

SSAC Turbo Kits - I know, recent personal experiences only

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated Thread of SSAC Turbo Kit - *Personal Experience Feedback ONLY* -

Ok, i wanted to get this going again to see how much these kits are improving. Everyone knows of their horrible reputation they had in the past but it seems from mid 2006-present SSAC has stepped their game up and improved a good amount. There are people running these kits with no problems at all, or little problems. For people who bought theirs within the last 8 months-1 year... hows it holdin up? any problems? Any opinions from <U>***ONLY PEOPLE WHO USE THIS KIT*** </U>would be helpful. Once again, if you <U>DO NOT</U> own this kit, your opinion or thoughts are <U>USELESS</U> and will be ignored so dont bother posting if this kit isnt under your hood. I dont want to hear that your friend did this or that, i want to hear <U>PERSONAL</U> experience with this kit. Sorry for the harshness, i just dont want this thread to turn into another '' its a POS ebay kit, why do you think its so cheap and made in china/japan.... my buddy blew his engine with it, the seals burned out in days... blah blah blah''... please....personal experience ONLY. Thanks!
Old 05-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I ran their tdo4 so call greddy 15G turbo kit without any problem at all. Had been running for almost two years now. But I have pass the kit to my younger brother. Time to go bigger....
Old 05-01-2007, 10:52 AM

So heres another success story..... anyone else thats ran the kit in the last 8 months-1 year, post up your experience. Seems to me that no-one has had any problems in the last year or so.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:32 PM

Anyone else?
Old 05-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (StreetRac3r)

I just installed one of those kits in a customers eg w/ a b16, as far as fitment wise it was a pain in the ***. I had to modify most of the kit, as far as the performance I am very impressed, the car runs hard for 6 psi.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

didn't use the manifold, but the turbo was fine till i went for more power. couldn't sell it used so i threw it away.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Re: (envee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DRAGLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just installed one of those kits in a customers eg w/ a b16, as far as fitment wise it was a pain in the ***. I had to modify most of the kit, as far as the performance I am very impressed, the car runs hard for 6 psi.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've heard the fitment is very very bad, it needs lots of modification. Keep us updated of how the car runs in a few weeks please. Thanks!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by envee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">didn't use the manifold, but the turbo was fine till i went for more power. couldn't sell it used so i threw it away.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What do you mean by this? as far as the turbo was fine till u went for more power.... what happened?

So, once again another success story. It really does seem like SSAC has stepped up. Anymore people?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

and the **** starts with 07 members. joy
bottom line
the manifolds suck
i have on for an sr20, its sturdy but i wouldnt trust it for any beating, racing, drfiting, hard use, whatever

turbos are ****, most are assembled using substandard components, most of which are simply parts that didnt pass garrett's QC.

wastegates and blow off valves are decent, i know people running them with 0 problems
Old 05-01-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: (wantboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and the **** starts with 07 members. joy
bottom line
the manifolds suck
i have on for an sr20, its sturdy but i wouldnt trust it for any beating, racing, drfiting, hard use, whatever

turbos are ****, most are assembled using substandard components, most of which are simply parts that didnt pass garrett's QC.

wastegates and blow off valves are decent, i know people running them with 0 problems</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, so who cares if it starts with 07 members, its still good as of present date. I do believe the manifolds suck, if it does crack just use the warranty, get a new one and sell it on ebay, then buy a good one. I've heard only good about their turbo's from people who have garret/greddy/full race/drag kits, as long as they use an oil restrictor, and if it does get fucked you can get it rebuilt with real garrret internals for 1/3 the price of a garret. the wastegates and blow-off valves i heard are okay. So, overall not to bad so far.... anyone else?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im running one of there t3 42/48 turbos and there WG. they are both working just fine the turbo is still solid after about 2 1/2 months of hard use. im running 13lbs on my bone stock a6 and its all working just fine its got a good tune, i make sure to always check the oil, and i let it warm up and cool off properly.

i have to agree with whoever above said there manifolds suck ive seen a few that people had to fix after only a few days.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Updated Thread of SSAC Turbo Kit - *Personal Experience Feedback ONLY* - (StreetRac3r)

They are absolute and total garbage. Who cares if 10 people ran them for a year with no issues? I have personally seen about 5 or 6 set-ups come in that have had problems with either the manifold breaking, the turbo going bad, or the wastegates spiking or just not holding boost worth a crap. These are cheap kits and that's the bottom line.

If you have to make a thread like this, you know there are problems with them. Do it right the first time or spend 2x as much doing it again the 2nd time.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Updated Thread of SSAC Turbo Kit - *Personal Experience Feedback ONLY* - (PrecisionH23a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
If you have to make a thread like this, you know there are problems with them. Do it right the first time or spend 2x as much doing it again the 2nd time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So let me get this straight...Now they only moderately suck? If you need to depend on your car why would you even bother risking it?

You get what you pay for. Why do you think real turbo kits (with name brand components) cost so much more?

I know you can find posts that say "3 months ok so far" but look closer into them and most say something like "fingers crossed".

Unless you already invested your time and money in SSAC, then I would suggest you save more money, be more patient, and buy better parts. Your Honda will thank you.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Updated Thread of SSAC Turbo Kit - *Personal Experience Feedback ONLY* - (steveo2000em1)

I make over 700whp on their top mount kits. BEST KIT EVER

*** FULL RACE KITS COMPARED TO SSAUTOCHROME
Old 05-02-2007, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Updated Thread of SSAC Turbo Kit - *Personal Experience Feedback ONLY* - (Turbocivic94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbocivic94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I make over 700whp on their top mount kits. BEST KIT EVER

*** FULL RACE KITS COMPARED TO SSAUTOCHROME</TD></TR></TABLE>
wow
Old 05-02-2007, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Updated Thread of SSAC Turbo Kit - *Personal Experience Feedback ONLY* - (95jeremie)

you're cheap so you want to get the cheap turbo kit but you're too cheap to buy the cheap turbo kit. Just get it!
Old 05-02-2007, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Updated Thread of SSAC Turbo Kit - *Personal Experience Feedback ONLY* - (small arm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbocivic94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I make over 700whp on their top mount kits. BEST KIT EVER

*** FULL RACE KITS COMPARED TO SSAUTOCHROME</TD></TR></TABLE>

i can vouch for that.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:50 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Updated Thread of SSAC Turbo Kit - *Personal Experience Feedback ONLY* - (95jeremie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95jeremie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
wow</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's called sarcasm
Old 05-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Updated Thread of SSAC Turbo Kit - *Personal Experience Feedback ONLY* - (StreetRac3r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StreetRac3r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just dont want this thread to turn into another '' its a POS ebay kit, why do you think its so cheap and made in china/japan.... my buddy blew his engine with it, the seals burned out in days... blah blah blah''... please....personal experience ONLY. Thanks! </TD></TR></TABLE>

can i ask why you made this thread then?

junk. i got 50 scrap for my old one... best money i ever recieved!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Updated Thread of SSAC Turbo Kit - *Personal Experience Feedback ONLY* - (92LSVTEC)

From another thread... looks like they are no longer a registered user.

http://myworld.ebay.com/www.ssautochrome.com
Old 05-02-2007, 12:31 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StreetRac3r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I've heard the fitment is very very bad, it needs lots of modification. Keep us updated of how the car runs in a few weeks please. Thanks!

What do you mean by this? as far as the turbo was fine till u went for more power.... what happened?

So, once again another success story. It really does seem like SSAC has stepped up. Anymore people?</TD></TR></TABLE>

&lt;--------- failing to see the "another success story here" one said fitment was horrible the other said he threw his away.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Updated Thread of SSAC Turbo Kit - *Personal Experience Feedback ONLY* - (92LSVTEC)

http://media.putfile.com/Turbo-explosion

heres one of the things you can expect from an ssauto turbo.

search any board and you will hear the same thing... their turbos blow the junk seals (even with the restrictor), they are poorly balanced at best, housings/ machining are a joke, holes tapped crooked, bolts stripped/ crossthreaded, the clearances are horrible, bearings are substandard junk, etc, their manifolds crack in more places than micheal jacksons face, their intercooler have horrible efficiency and pressure drops, their piping is thin junk and their welds are done by blind children from the looks of the penetration, etc... someone could write a novel and still not get through the horror stories of their manifolds alone on any site.

they should sell the turbo as a new industrial dryer cause it blows more hot air than anything made by a quality manufacturer and the intercooler could not cool off an eskimo's breath.

I hate their junk, btw these descriptions are a collection of many posts on various boards by their members... just sum'd up in a paragraph by me cause I agree with it all.

edit: even a blind squirrel finds a nut... and a broken clock is right 2 times a day... so a few vouches hardly have me overlooking the countless failures, quality control issues, customer service problems, etc.

Modified by twkdCD595 at 3:55 PM 5/2/2007
Old 05-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

success story? more like a survival story!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:05 PM

if i have to see one more goddamn ebay turbo thread...

these are NOT quality kits nor will they ever be. dont expect anyone to tell you **** just because you want to hear it.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:59 PM

i bought just the manifold/wastegate/turbo about a year ago. My turbo seals went in about 2-3 days. I was running an-3 feed an no restrictor at first, and when i had it rebuilt (by a reputable local guy) he had me replace every part but the center section.

my manifold lasted about 1 month before the wastegate fell off; i rewelded it and got another month or so before i replaced it for the peace of mind. b.t.w. it came with like 4 "braces" already on it that didn't brace.

and most suprisingly, the wg is still going strong on my new setup.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StreetRac3r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ok, so who cares if it starts with 07 members</TD></TR></TABLE>

because you people need to learn to search, its that red button in the corner... the one on nico blinks. i think thats what we need

Quick Reply: SSAC Turbo Kits - I know, recent personal experiences only