Notices

SS Autochrome Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS Autochrome Manifold

I did some searching but couldnt really get any info. I have one of those manifolds for use on a b20 vtec im building. Anyone ever have problems with them. I ve heard rumors that they break really fast but just wanted to get some more info from people using them. And about the wastegate placement anyone have any issues with boost creep. If so how did you guys solve them. Just trying to see if its even worth using it or selling for something else. Any info well worth it.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:45 AM
TurboJesse

Default Re: SS Autochrome Manifold (E Town DSM)

they do have problems but they are fixable rather eaisly...heres what i did, let me know if you have any questions (BTW. Im selling my manifold if you want that )

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=648596
Old 12-20-2003, 09:55 AM

Default Re: SS Autochrome Manifold (E Town DSM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E Town DSM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I did some searching but couldnt really get any info.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Weird, Those things are discussed ALL the time. ANd it generally isnt good.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E Town DSM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ve heard rumors that they break really fast but just wanted to get some more info from people using them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep, They break easly.....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E Town DSM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And about the wastegate placement anyone have any issues with boost creep. If so how did you guys solve them.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes,.known very well for boost creep, Solving it ment getting a good manifold....

Spend a few more dollars and get something good that wont play a weak link in your FI motor...
http://www.inlinepro.com cast manifold
http://www.lovefab.com SST
There is two manufactors who make very good manifolds...
Old 12-20-2003, 09:58 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SS Autochrome Manifold (Outkast)

I firmly believe that its best to go with another manifold. Those manifold spike, and crack almost as much as it spikes. Ive seen someone run over their wastegate on the highway after it fell off. Too much hassle of you ask me. Just my $0.02
Old 12-20-2003, 09:59 AM
TurboJesse

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Outkast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Weird, Those things are discussed ALL the time. ANd it generally isnt good.

Yep, They break easly.....

Yes,.known very well for boost creep, Solving it ment getting a good manifold....

Spend a few more dollars and get something good that wont play a weak link in your FI motor...
http://www.inlinepro.com cast manifold
http://www.lovefab.com SST
There is two manufactors who make very good manifolds... </TD></TR></TABLE>

what part of the above post dont' you understand? anyone that has a half a brain can make teh manifold work, it does take a little messing with and creativity, something that alot of people on here lack
Old 12-20-2003, 10:04 AM

Default Re: SS Autochrome Manifold (Mpir3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mpir3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what part of the above post dont' you understand? anyone that has a half a brain can make teh manifold work, it does take a little messing with and creativity, something that alot of people on here lack </TD></TR></TABLE>

I dunno, the point is, Buy something that works. Not something u have to modifiy to work good. When u buy a car u exspect it to run right.......

Back to the original post, i dont wanna ruin this guys thread anymore.....
Bumpin upwards
Old 12-20-2003, 10:09 AM
TurboJesse

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Outkast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I dunno, the point is, Buy something that works. Not something u have to modifiy to work good. When u buy a car u exspect it to run right.......

Back to the original post, i dont wanna ruin this guys thread anymore.....
Bumpin upwards </TD></TR></TABLE>

He asked what was needed to make the manifold work, and i provided a link of what i did which was very simple...i have had no problems with my manifold.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:15 AM

Default Re: SS Autochrome Manifold (Mpir3)

It's easy to make work .. it is very solidly constructed.. you will need additional machine work to get it to run the way it should, though. The wastegate is incorrectly placed and the mounting flange should have cuts to allow for expansion around the bolts. The turbo assembly needs to be bracketed so that you don't have weight on the manifold, but you shouldn't be using your exhaust studs to support the turbo no matter what setup you run.

The price cannot be beat. I'm using it as a template to make one out of mild steel, anyay. There's no reason that manifolds should cost as much as they do, other than extremely low volume.

I'll run it, we'll see how it holds up to getting a pounding on the track.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:24 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SS Autochrome Manifold (xtal)

Enough argueing, they crack, they spike. case closed. Its all up to you weather you wanna go through the hassle of rigging it up, or just running it as is. I personally wouldnt.