Notices

Sponcorship anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sponcorship anybody?

Here at Exploited Racing we had a rough start over a year ago and that bad beginning continues to haunt us to this day even with our new line of all stainless products. Anyways to start our venture into the honda market we figured what better way to get in there than by sponcoring a honda and showing them what quality our products really are! We played around with a few header ideas and are slowly coming into an idea we like for making them and designing, as some may have seen our rejected header on ebay.

Anyways... were looking for ONE (1) honda to sponcor! We want something crazy here to sponcor, weather its an engine swap, ect. something thats not a common mod. Requirements to be sponcored: Sponcoree must already own a turbocharger or buy one at time of being sponcored, Must be ready to put turbocharger on there car with built engine and ready to produce high horsepower amounts or have this condition within 1 month of being sponcored (so we can test strength of our header and fix any problems if some occur), Must be willing to pay a smaller amount to help cover material to make header.

Our Offer to person sponcored:

321 Stainless Steel equal length header for $235.00
Inconel Equal Length Header for $600.00

For those who do not know what inconel is: Inconel was developed to cope with the extreme heat and strength demands of jet engines. Inconel 625 excels in applications such as Rotary engines and extreme duty turbocharger exhausts. For many years, Inconel has been used for Formula One and Champ Car exhaust systems. More recently, several Winston Cup racing teams have utilized Inconel for producing ultra-light, high-durability exhaust headers. (Burns Stainless)

For those interested in becoming sponcored Email Exploited Racing at GSXTBoost@hotmail.com and include a few pictures of your car and project, DO NOT exceed 300kb of pictures please. We will reply to each applicant weather chosen or not. Cut off deadline to become sponcored is January 31st 2004.

We will work with any engine type and setup you may have!
Old 01-24-2004, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Sponcorship anybody? (ExploitedRacing)

I thought you are supposed to pay for everything...

BTW its sponsor... Inconnel is a nice offering although expensive.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sponcorship anybody? (twkdCD595)

correct me if i'm wrong, but why do you want a turbocharged car if you're going to bolt a header on? i thought header referred to...well...a header lol. in other words maybe you meant to say manifold?
Old 01-24-2004, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Sponcorship anybody? (keebler65)

theres a difference between headers and manifolds. You have turbo headers, and n/a headers, turbo headers a tubual style while turbo manifolds are generally a log manifold. Sorry its not free.. im not that huge of a company.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:55 PM

so you are looking for someone that has invested lots of money into their car, hence the BUILT motor, and you want them to buy your product to test it out ... why would anyone do that to their setup when its not a proven product. i think you would have better luck getting someone with a mild setup testing your product, post the results, then maybe you can get some of the built motor guys to try your product ... you can't always start at the top especially when you have companies like full-race that have already proven their products value!
Old 01-24-2004, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (6thgenaccord1)

i have yet to see any pictures of this header you speak of.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:32 PM

well in any case ill accept applications for sponcorship even for i guess those with milder setups... i wouldnt have pictures yet since im offering right now to make a product as an experiment.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ExploitedRacing)

how about a race car for a sponsorship? i have 2 of them in my garage.

we are going for hot rod class.

here are a few pics.

my partners car

my car
Old 01-24-2004, 02:52 PM

2.2Lcivic is a perfect example of the kind of stuff im lookin for.. shoot me an email with more information!
Old 01-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ExploitedRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well in any case ill accept applications for sponcorship even for i guess those with milder setups... i wouldnt have pictures yet since im offering right now to make a product as an experiment.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good luck getting people who want to be "sponcored", whatever the hell that means. You'd think he'd take the time to spell check his pitch before throwing it, neh?
Old 01-24-2004, 03:09 PM

show some pics or designs that you're thinking of ... maybe you will get a few more bites. and maybe do something where if the person is happy with the product they pay you for it, if not, they send it back
Old 01-24-2004, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Good luck getting people who want to be "sponcored", whatever the hell that means. You'd think he'd take the time to spell check his pitch before throwing it, neh?</TD></TR></TABLE>

and he keeps spelling it wrong....hard to get behind a company that "can't cross the T's and dot the I's....just my .02
Old 01-24-2004, 03:29 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Good luck getting people who want to be "sponcored", whatever the hell that means. You'd think he'd take the time to spell check his pitch before throwing it, neh?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bastard, I wanted to be the first to point that out But yeah, if you can't spell "sponsored" you really shouldn't be trying to sponsor anyone.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:38 PM

Default Re: (silversupragirl)

amazing how a repeated spelling mistake can make someone sound like an idiot!
Old 01-24-2004, 04:56 PM

Default Re: (6thgenaccord1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 6thgenaccord1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so you are looking for someone that has invested lots of money into their car, hence the BUILT motor, and you want them to buy your product to test it out ... why would anyone do that to their setup when its not a proven product. i think you would have better luck getting someone with a mild setup testing your product, post the results, then maybe you can get some of the built motor guys to try your product ... you can't always start at the top especially when you have companies like full-race that have already proven their products value!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-24-2004, 09:54 PM

wow... such a lack of support is shown here. dont ask why but i ALWAYS spell it wrong.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its getting to be a crowded marketplace (more than tech spot) around here and I think people are become less than thrilled by the new version of the same products like exhaust manifolds/headers (whatever you name it), even though your product maybe ok.

quality work is already out there, its tough competition and your the new kid on the block... I dont think anyone means it personally or overly negatively.

free is more tempting to get your name out there on a race car... if you play your cards right and you got a good product it will pay for itself in other ways.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (twkdCD595)

damn, i wish someone would sponcor me
Old 01-25-2004, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't take it too personally. It's an online forum.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

your a ******* ****!. people make mistakes. but your still a ****.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ExploitedRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow... such a lack of support is shown here. dont ask why but i ALWAYS spell it wrong.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sure anyone would sponsor me if I bought their products. Your missing the point. If someone already has a built car with a good setup, why would they pay to try out someones unproven manifold? It sounds like your trying to unload some Ebay manifolds and play it off like your doing them a favor by calling it "sponsorship".
Old 01-25-2004, 06:46 AM

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

now what i would like is for someone to come down from heaven and say "Here young one, a turbo kit for you, for free." Go race...
Old 01-25-2004, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (snoochtodanooch)

it's like buying a logo T-shirt. You PAY to advertise someone elses ****!
Old 01-25-2004, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbokitssuck)

You are paying for the materials and a little bit of labor. Nothing can be 110% free unless you are racing in NDRA/NHRA and have an actual racing team. Even then everything isn't "free".
Old 01-25-2004, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sponcorship anybody? (ExploitedRacing)

Hey, would you mind posting some of your welds? I'm sure there are allot of people wanting to see them.

Quick Reply: Sponcorship anybody?