Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/)
-   -   Southwestern Ohio dyno tuning (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/southwestern-ohio-dyno-tuning-591689/)

mportnv4mylude 08-13-2003 08:17 PM

Southwestern Ohio dyno tuning

Any suggestions of a reputable place to get a 2k1 Prelude dyno tuned in southwestern Ohio?

gritsak 08-13-2003 08:28 PM

Re: Southwestern Ohio dyno tuning (trbochrgd)

whats the setup/engine managment

mportnv4mylude 08-14-2003 01:57 PM

Re: Southwestern Ohio dyno tuning (gritsak)

I have not bought anything yet but I'll probably go with the FMAX kit.

gritsak 08-14-2003 02:47 PM

with what for tuning? just piggy backs? hondata? full standalone?

mportnv4mylude 08-14-2003 08:25 PM

Re: Southwestern Ohio dyno tuning (gritsak)

I was probably going to just use the FMU piggyback that came with the kit but would like to go with a Hondata. What do you think? I see you posting for Johnny Mac. I know a guy from where I live that is real good friends with him. Thanks for your replies.

BoostedGSRBubble 08-14-2003 08:47 PM

Go with hondata, and drive up to payn tech in detroit, its well worth it.

mportnv4mylude 08-14-2003 09:03 PM

Re: Southwestern Ohio dyno tuning (BoostedGSRBubble)

What kind of injectors (cc) should I use with that? Is this the place that has the load dyno that everyone around here talks about?

g2turbo 08-15-2003 10:43 AM

Re: Southwestern Ohio dyno tuning (BoostedGSRBubble)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedGSRBubble &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go with hondata, and drive up to payn tech in detroit, its well worth it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what he said. The fmax kit comes with injectors and an AIC&gt; If you plan on doing hondata i would not get the fuel management that comes with the FMAX kit. You can order it without those parts and save enough to buy hondata.

gitwidit 08-15-2003 11:02 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trbochrgd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What kind of injectors (cc) should I use with that? Is this the place that has the load dyno that everyone around here talks about?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thats the place. Injectors are kinda dependant on what turbo kit you go with, max efficiency of turbo, how much power you want to make, etc.. Many variables.

g2turbo 08-15-2003 11:39 AM

Re: Southwestern Ohio dyno tuning (GITWIDIT)

if you click on the link in my sig there is a pic of my car on Payn's dyno. And as you mentioned it is a MD(mustang dyno) which you get a more accurate reading of your cars power as well as tuning under a load which represents street driving conditions.

2ndae86 08-19-2003 05:44 PM

There is a shop in columbus called Passen Motorsports.There is a guy that is really knowledgable on Honda tuning.

614-882-2082

2ndae86 08-19-2003 05:45 PM

Hey, G2 turbo, How much did you pay for Payn to tune your car? I heard that they are pretty pricey.

BoostedGSRBubble 08-19-2003 06:39 PM

Re: (2ndae86)

Payn isnt cheap, upwards of 180/hr. Although whats the alternative, a poorly tuned car, thats what the alternative is. As far as passen goes, i called up there w/ some questions about how they tune and to make an appt. The guy, who was supposedly their hondata tuner knew nothing about injector duty cycle and wanted to tune for peak hp. I never showed up for my appt.

gitwidit 08-19-2003 06:55 PM

Re: (BoostedGSRBubble)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedGSRBubble &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Payn isnt cheap, upwards of 180/hr. Although whats the alternative, a poorly tuned car, thats what the alternative is. As far as passen goes, i called up there w/ some questions about how they tune and to make an appt. The guy, who was supposedly their hondata tuner knew nothing about injector duty cycle and wanted to tune for peak hp. I never showed up for my appt.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Payn has tuned my car a few times. A month ago his door rate was $165 an hour, can't imagine it went up. He is the closest to cincy that specializes in Hondata, AEM, etc... IMO worth the money and the drive. Check my sig, sohc powa!

BoostedGSRBubble 08-19-2003 07:28 PM

Re: (GITWIDIT)

When payn tuned your car was it on their new dyno or the Speedworks dyno?

BoostedGSRBubble 08-19-2003 07:29 PM

P.S. Ill have some 440 saturated injectors for sale after the 10th of september.

gitwidit 08-19-2003 08:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedGSRBubble &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When payn tuned your car was it on their new dyno or the Speedworks dyno? </TD></TR></TABLE>
New AWD Mustang dyno.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...c/fc2fa0c3.jpg

boost fed ls 08-19-2003 08:35 PM

Do not take your car to passen!!! first off they do not like hondata(they are big on greddy e-management) I went to passen and asked if they sold hondata and they told me"we try not to sell hondata but we sell greddy e-management systems" and not to mention but over priced. I quess there is a place in Mansfield( about an hour north of columbus off I-71 if do did not know) called rpm motorsports, dont know much about them but they have a dyno, might want to check them out.

BoostedGSRBubble 08-19-2003 09:13 PM

Re: (jdm2916)

When payn tuned my car there was a giant 12ft deep hole there!

95civicex 08-19-2003 09:19 PM

Would it be worth it to go to payne to tune with an afc?
Since I'm most likely going to run 440's and an afc. Or should I just save for the hondata, since either way I'll have to wait a little bit after I put my kit on to save up some money.

btw how much you want for the 440's

BoostedGSRBubble 08-19-2003 09:34 PM

Re: (95civicex)

I dunno about that, if at all possible get the hondata, but the hack is better than nothing.

gritsak 08-19-2003 09:57 PM

NOOOOO NEVER and i mean NEVER take your car to passen motorsports...they are the F'in most shady shop ive ever heard of...they dont have a clue what they are doing and charge out the ass...i wouldnt trust them to put gas in my car.

just take it somewhere good and do it right the first time..it will pay off in the end....i know people with lots of potential in their setups and its just not tuned right so its not very fast..then people with less power with a good tune that rips.

oh, and if you are gonna run a turbo honda, just spend the extra money and get hondata...you always see people with the hack switching to hondata..but whens the last time you saw someone post they had hondata but werent happy with it so they put in an afc...if you want the power the right engine managment is cruicial