Notices

Somebody please fill me in on the S-AFC hack method!!! Need more info...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somebody please fill me in on the S-AFC hack method!!! Need more info...

Ok, I've got just about all I need to install my turbo. I have already put in my S-AFC, for monitoring purposes, and have not yet spliced the pressure signal wire. Anyway, I bought a missing link, and somebody said I didn't need it if I'm using an S-AFC. Here's my situation; I want about 5-6psi. So, will I need to get new injectors or new fuel pump or both? What brand or size if so? And if I'm going to use the hack, how do I wire it? Do I just have to hook up the pressure wire and have my local speed shop tune it for me? Thanks to anybody who takes time to help a beginner out!!!

[Modified by WannabeTurbo, 3:04 AM 9/18/2002]
Old 09-17-2002, 05:37 PM
filetofit

Default Re: Somebody please fill me in on the S-AFC hack method!!! Need more info... (WannabeTurbo)

Boise huh...well we're having a special on help today, for people from Idaho it's free.

The hack requires larger injectors, most people use DSM 450cc injectors. Try http://www.thepartstrader.com or dsmtrader.com . Once you install the larger injectors, ditch the FMU and missing link. Hook up the pressure wire to the S-AFC. Set the lo and high throttle fuel settings to -35% across the board for starters. That oughta get you running. The DSM injector bushings (the rubber doughnuts that go in the manifold) will probably have to be ground out to get thr injectors to fit.

I don't think you'll need an upgraded pump for that kind of boost.

Oh yeah you'll nead a resistor box from an early 90s Honda or Acura.

[Modified by filetofit, 2:48 AM 9/18/2002]
Old 09-17-2002, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Somebody please fill me in on the S-AFC hack method!!! Need more info... (filetofit)

what's a resistor box going to do for me and where can i find a used one? I guess idahoans get lucky once in a while. Thanks for all your help.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Somebody please fill me in on the S-AFC hack method!!! Need more info... (WannabeTurbo)

http://www.thedropshop.tv/vafc.htm
This should help you set it up yourself.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:37 PM
filetofit

The DSM 450cc injectors are low impedance. That means unless you put a resistor in series with them, they'll draw so much current they'll fry something probably your ECU. Late model Hondas and Acuras use higher impedance injectors so a resistor box isn't necessary. Early 90s Hondas and Acuras used low impedance injectors so the cars came with 4 power resistors that were wired in series with the injectors to bring up the impedance so they wouldn't draw so much current.

You can also wire in some 20 watt, 8 ohm power resistors yourself (10 ohm might work too). Cost is about $4 total from Radioshack.