Notices

some weird shit happened. almost over heated..i think???

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some weird **** happened. almost over heated..i think???

2001 h22a4 turbo (stock) t3/t4 turbonetecis

I have stock cooling with water wetter an 1 fan out of the 2 fan cooling system(stock)

I went to get on it an it was running fine. looked at my auto meter gauge it read maybe 150. temp(water) out side was 70. seemed about right. looked at my stock gauge almost to the red. what gives? do i need a new thermistat? I have the autometer gauge at the thermo housing. seems to be working.i was thinking maybe the thermostat got stuck an the autometer was readin the other side an the factory was reading the different side. idk. prolly doesnt make sence. just a thought.

what you guys think?
Old 09-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: some weird **** happened. almost over heated..i think??? (DrivinVtec)

oh yeah. after i noticed the stock gauge, I just costed down hill for about 1 min an it went to normal temp.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: some weird **** happened. almost over heated..i think??? (DrivinVtec)

the factory sensor for the coolant gauge you see in the car is pretty sensitive if your running a little low on water. the thermo housing is a much better place to get a reading from. either way i'd figure out exactly what the problem is. what water temp is your EMS reading?
Old 09-16-2007, 12:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: some weird **** happened. almost over heated..i think??? (Turbo-charged)

using crome. i have no idea what it would read. so i could be low on coolant. i did smell something funny when i was on it. hummm. i do have an idea. i have a oil can right now as an over flow. i put an intake pipe on the turbo an relocated my battery to the trunk. I wonder if the over flow was secure enough an the coolant leaked out. seem possible.

to late to check right now.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

pop your radiator cap tomarrow and check the coolant level. im willing to bet your low.

times like this is when systems like s300 are really helpful. so easy to just use 1 simple cable and tell whats really going on with your car.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: some weird **** happened. almost over heated..i think??? (Turbo-charged)

yeah i bet. autometer gauge should work just as well. why would the autometer gauge say one thing an the atock say another?
Old 09-16-2007, 01:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i tune a lot of cars.....almost ever car i tune has some sort of gauges in it. i see a lot where the gauges read differently than the engine sensors... just one of those things where you can find out a lot about the car in a short amount of time. if the car really is running hot there is multiple things you can see and observe though the EMS rather than looking at a questionable gauge. personal preference though experience i guess.

i'll admit im guilty of plugging a s300 into a stock car just to figure out whats really going on with the car lol

actually just today.....had a car that wouldnt start. dattalogged the car while it was cranking, viewed the logs, and had the car started and running in about a half hour. with out the s300 its possible i could still be trying to figure out what was wrong with it since it was a pretty in depth wiring problem....well not really in depth, but numerous ignition related wires were incorrect.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have auto meter gauges. I thought these are reputable stuff? if there not acurite then why have them?