Notices

Some Late night thoughts..(turbo,power,flow etc etc)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Late night thoughts..(turbo,power,flow etc etc)

Hello HT again I have posted before in topic about the b16 1.6 motor. I made the transformation to the honda world coming from a world of v8's. I am a older guy so please dont rough me up to bad if i ask the "noob" questions.

So I am up late letting the wife watch some netflix and me cruising the net lol. Anyway I got my turbo not to long ago its a t3/t61 blozilla garrett turbo it has a .63 exhaust housing, .70 compressor housing using the gt35r compressor wheel. I am curious if anyone has made close to 500whp on such a small exhaust housing? The setup in the head after doing some researching Is skunk2 tuner 1 cams, supertech dual valve springs. I am using a AEBS intake manifold which I have heard good and bad about. Some input on these topics mentioned above would be great.

Thank you kindly please take it easy on the old guy lol
Old 12-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Some Late night thoughts..(turbo,power,flow etc etc)

I am not sure about your turbo -> hp question but I can assure you that the AEBS has been proven to out-flow the Skunk2 and ported JDM ITR intake manifold.

Hopefully someone with some insight on your specific turbo for power goals will chime in
Old 12-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not to sure about the turbo, but like Ennis D said, the AEBS intake mani is one hellofa nice piece. You can't go wrong with that mani.

I thought the Sk2 cams were specifically for all-motor/na apps? Just wondering because stock GSR cams have been proven to make great power on boosted apps.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah you can make into the lower 600's with that turbo cranked up.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you for the insite on the intake manifold. I thought it was a crappy intake manifold that just helped alittle. I didnt think it was that decent! As for the cams I seen evans tuning recommends the tuner cams in there setups. I seen they have alittle more profile and lift then the "type r" cams that people are using.

my biggest concern was the .63 exhaust housing on a turbo of this caliber. Hope it will flow enough for 500whp