Notices

some help with my turbo 00 integra ls

Old 10-20-2005, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some help with my turbo 00 integra ls

i have always liked the idea of turboing my car.
i have researched everything and only have a few questions that maybe you guys out there that are more experienced can help me with

my 00 integra ls i would like to run a turbo that makes more power and that car more fun to drive and most of all dependable i understand that most starter kits such as the greddy drag and rev hard kit all run about 7 to 8 psi and this boost is easily alright for my car correct?

the only question i have is fuel magement and the map sensor and ecu
now i know i am not running an increddible amount of boost like some of you guys but are the parts that come with these kits ok to use or are they just temporary parts to solve the problem
such as the fmu check valves and inline fuel pump
do i need to change the fuel injectors do i need to put a high volume fuel pump in
and do i need to touch the ecu on my integra
and does having a 0bd 2 car make more problems i guess i understand most everything about turboing my car except how my car runs with the turbo how does the car know how much gas to mix when the car is always seeing huge varying air change

can someone shed some light on this for me i just want to run a decent turbo setup that will add some power and make my car run smooth and dependable with it on
thanks for any help you can give
Old 10-20-2005, 03:12 PM
D-t
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: some help with my turbo 00 integra ls (tegrunner)

Those kits are okay. I'd frankly piece together my own kit, but if you don't want the hassle or whatever, the drag, etc. kits are good.

The only thing they are not good for is the management. Please do not use the fmu. The pump will be fine, and it is helpful for extra precaution. What you should do is chip your ecu with a program such as Uberdata or Crome, unless you want to shed some $ and go with a high end EMS such as AEM EMS, or Hondata.

Now to chip your ecu and to get your car running nicely you have to convert over to OBD1. So you have to purchase an OBD2B-OBD1 conversion harnesss. Also don't forget you have to chip an OBD1 ecu, so an OBD1 LS P75 would do you good. Getting a chipped OBD1 LS P75 ecu w/ a basemap, and datalogging capabilities would only run you about 150-200. That is if someone does the work for you. That should set you in the right direction. Then just get yourself tuned