Notices

SOHC Greddy kit... fitment problems with B-pipe??

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOHC Greddy kit... fitment problems with down pipe??

I've had my Greddy d-series kit installed for about a month now. When I installed it I had problems making the down pipe bolt up to the cat. The holes in the flange on the down pipe were rotated about 1/4 of an inch counter-clockwise from the holes on the flange on the cat. Eventually I just bolted it up with a set of normal bolts and nuts, as I could not get the factory bolts with the flanges and springs to fit.

The whole time since I've had the kit installed I've been wondering why the hell my muffler suddenly got ****-eyed to the passenger side of the car (originally it sat plumb center in the middle of the half-moon cut in the bumper).

So, tonight I set out to fix it. I thought maybe one of the hangers was bent or one of the rubber pieces was off of the hanger, but lo and behold, it's because the down pipe is ALSO about an inch too far left (towards the driver's side) from where the opening of the cat sits when not bolted up. When I bolt it up it shifts my exhaust too far towards the driver's side, to where it's almost touching the tunnel. Of course, the hangers right after the cat act as a pivot point, so my muffler ends up banging on my bumper on the passenger side..

Anyone else have this problem with the Greddy kit? How do I fix it? I'm certain the down pipe is bolted up right. Should I just hack up the pipe and put some bends in it so it lines up (not exactly the best solution IMO)? Can the compressor housing be rotated at all to allow the down pipe to line up correctly?

[Modified by M-EJ1, 10:43 PM 2/16/2003]
Old 02-16-2003, 11:06 PM

Default Re: SOHC Greddy kit... fitment problems with down pipe?? (M-EJ1)

Bump... anyone?
Old 02-16-2003, 11:08 PM

i have NEVER heard any fitment problem with Sohc Kit..

and I really don't quite get what u said.. hehe sorry

maybe you should check if you got the wrong pipe, or something?

call Greddy and see if they can help !
good luck
Old 02-17-2003, 09:29 AM

Default Re: SOHC Greddy kit... fitment problems with down pipe?? (TurBoXBirD16)

I'll try to take some pics today. Basically the section that the cat should bolt up to... the down pipe, then in the rear the rest of my cat-back exhaust, don't line up, so when I bolt the cat up, it shifts my whole exhaust around (the exhaust, of course, moves enough to actually bolt it up because it's hung on rubber hangers) and makes the rear section of my exhaust bang on my bumper.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:29 PM

yes, some pictures would definitely help..

maybe you swith the cat the other way around??

Old 02-17-2003, 09:12 PM

Default Re: SOHC Greddy kit... fitment problems with down pipe?? (TurBoXBirD16)

pics would be cool, i've had zero problems with my install. in fact, i found the fitment to be quite perfect. perhaps the hangars on your exhaust and positions a little farther in then they should be (stock location) so that when the greddy downpipe corrects it it ends up pushing everything out. my catback got pushed to the back of the car as well but only very slightly.

if the dp comes off the the manifold/adapter and the bracket on the bottom part of the dp lines up perfectly with the stock bracket for the exhaust (the one with the two bolts), then the error in fitment probably isnt in the dp. get back on those pics tho.

good luck in the meantime

-alan