Notices

So, why do I even NEED a Fuel and Oil Pressure gauges then?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 01:42 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: 99th level of hell, where all roads only go straight, where curves go to die. Houston Texas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, why do I even NEED a Fuel and Oil Pressure gauges then?

I mean... I'm going turbo, just in case you didn't notice I've been posting like crazy this past 7 days cause I just got my turbo but still need some parts so I've been asking a lot of questions.

Anyway, people are always mentioning boost obviously, and I'm know that I'm getting a EGT cause there was such a OVERWHELMING amount of poeple sugggesting it but... do I really even need a Fuel Pressure gauge, and Oil Pressure Gauge??

I'm going to get it Tuned with a Hondata 2B and .. I don't know if they require one or something, I don't know at all. But I do know that a Fuel Pressure Electrical Full sweep gauge cost about $200 from Autometer, the OIl Pressure one is less expensive but at this time, money is already short.

Can somebody explain to me as to why I need them? Just so I know why I'm spending so much money on something I don't even know how to read or use.
Old 04-30-2002, 01:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: So, why do I even NEED a Fuel and Oil Pressure gauges then? (Snafu-Si)

I would like to know too, Im in the same dilemma as you snafu.

TTT
Old 04-30-2002, 02:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So, why do I even NEED a Fuel and Oil Pressure gauges then? (intekragsr)

I'm just getting into installing my turbo set-up, as well. I put in an oil pressure guage in the oil feed line for the turbo so that I'll be able to tell if something goes HORRIBLY wrong(feed line falls off)...but, you don't need it. If you're going with a hondata, I'd say you don't need a fuel pressure gauge because you won't be running insane pressures, like some do with an FMU. I'm going to have Boost, Oil pressure, A/F and probably EGT...though it'll be a little crowded on my dash
Old 04-30-2002, 02:15 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: 99th level of hell, where all roads only go straight, where curves go to die. Houston Texas
Default Re: So, why do I even NEED a Fuel and Oil Pressure gauges then? (ion_four)

It's just that Payn Tech suggested that I needed it and stuff, it's just that, nobody else has suggested it though.
Old 04-30-2002, 04:18 AM
Trial User

Default Re: So, why do I even NEED a Fuel and Oil Pressure gauges then? (Snafu-Si)

Well, there are 2 ways of telling if your fuel system crapped out. 1 the Fuel pressure gauge goes to 0. and 2 you hear a loud clank followed by a sudden stop and a tow. you tell me is 200 worth it? I would rather replace a fuel pump or injector then, lets say a motor.
Old 04-30-2002, 12:41 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: So, why do I even NEED a Fuel and Oil Pressure gauges then? (cetane)

OKay then, I'll get it. but why is the Fuel Pressure gauge SOO much more expensive than the other gauges?!?
Old 04-30-2002, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So, why do I even NEED a Fuel and Oil Pressure gauges then? (94hondahybrid)

Unfortunately, gauges are the life line from your motor to your brain... without them, you have no idea what is going on in the motor, prolly until it is too late. We would all like to drive our turbo Hondas around like it was a stocker, but it's not, so we need to monitor things... so is turbo.

Oil pressure gauge tells you if you have a drastic oil problem which would end up destroying your turbo and prolly spinning a few bearings (yes, this has happened to me before). Fuel pressure ? To high and you're gonna break something. Wouldn't you like to know ? As far as a fuel pressure gauge, they are expensive and I would recommend you get a liquid filled gauge (not the cheepest) as it is more accurate.

[Modified by X2BOARD, 5:17 PM 4/30/2002]
Old 04-30-2002, 01:16 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: So, why do I even NEED a Fuel and Oil Pressure gauges then? (94hondahybrid)

..o...k... I guess, that's another more $$$ I need to add to my expenses then... That and my quaife... and sintall and tunign, and boost controller, and clutch install.... geez....