Notices

So who else is gonna try the STi/Evo I/C water sprayer? maybe a CO2 shot?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So who else is gonna try the STi/Evo I/C water sprayer? maybe a CO2 shot?

I have an EG...i just got a CF duckbill, and i ripped out my rear window sprayer thing...and then i thought, hey, i can use this to squirt water at my IC! then i was like, well i wonder how much STi or EVO sprayers are anyway, cuz i bet the spray patter from those jets are better than this sprayer...and im not even sure my washer thing works anyway

so i posted on a subaru board and someone sent me to http://www.rallispec.com

and under the turbo/intercooling section, i saw this:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
STi Water Spray Components

RST-8300 Ver.7 STi Manual Water Spray Switch -- $29
RST-8301 Ver.4/5/6 STi Manual Water Spray Switch -- $23
This is a momentary on type switch for providing water spray as needed during heat soak conditions. Uses same style connector as cruise and fog lamp switches.

RST-8303 Ver.7 STi Automatic Water Spray Switch -- $29
RST-8304 Ver.4/5/6 STi Automatic Water Spray Switch -- $23
This is an on-off type switch with indicator light for "on" position. For use as an arming switch in a boost or temperature activated automatic water spray system. Uses same style connector as cruise and fog lamp switches.

RST-8785 STi Water Spray Nozzle -- $10
Dispenses a fine mist of liquid in a fan shaped pattern over the intercooler core.

RST-8780 Ver.7 STi RA Spec C Water Spray Tank Kit -- $147
RST-8781 Ver.7 Washer Tank w/ 2nd Pump for Water Spray -- $85
We offer two water spray tank options. The first, from the Spec C, is a large 12L tank that bolts to the vertical supports behind the back seat (in the trunk). The second more economical options is the factory windshield washer tank that uses a second pump to feed the water spray system.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

so the sprayer itself is 10 bux...now, I can just source another windshield washer pump and a spare container to hold water right? pack that bitch full of ice and this should work...

i was also thinking of buying a nitrous purge valve and mounting it to spray CO2 in the same direction as the water...to "freeze" the water on the IC ....

any comments on this? ? ?
Old 06-26-2003, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So who else is gonna try the STi/Evo I/C water sprayer? maybe a CO2 shot? (Short Round)

do it
Old 06-26-2003, 09:27 AM

Default Re: So who else is gonna try the STi/Evo I/C water sprayer? maybe a CO2 shot? (Short Round)

hm i should check the sprayer on my friends scooby. i can't believe i didnt even think of that, good thinking . that $10 sprayer will most definitely spray better than the stock **** most cars have. too bad my windshield washer resevoir and pump were already pulled out a long time ago...i woulda just used those.