Notices

so i thought i had some blow by, well thats the least of my problems.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i thought i had some blow by, well thats the least of my problems.

Heres one for you all, my b16 has some blow by, so i went to check the oil and the whole dipstick sleeve came with the dip stick. figured cylinder pressure would blow the dip stick out. But no, the whole sleeve comes out with the dip stick. My question is will jb weld withstand the heat? has this happend to anyone else? if so what did you do, and was it sucessful?
HELP me please.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:25 AM
Banned

Default Re: so i thought i had some blow by, well thats the least of my problems. (Imb00sted)

WTF? Ive never evenheard of that. JB weld should do the trick though as long as u can get it to not leak.

Loves JB weld andDuck Tape
Old 04-18-2003, 01:41 PM

Default Re: so i thought i had some blow by, well thats the least of my problems. (Imb00sted)

the whole tube just came out????? just like that???? how long have u had this motor and what's been done to it? i've never seen this before ever
Old 04-18-2003, 02:03 PM

Pretty minor I think. Some dip stick tubes are pretty loose in there... not the first time I've seen/heard about it happening.
Make sure you clean both mating surfaces of oil (tube and block) and JB weld, or any decent epoxy will be just fine.

-Tom
Old 04-18-2003, 02:04 PM

No big deal, this happened to a freind of mine when we were working on his car one day. We just cleaned any dirt/debris off the tube and out of the hole, then used some Hondabond and tapped the tube back in with a rubber mallet. Been fine since (about 4yrs). Im sure JB weld would work well but, I just hope you never have to replace it if it ever gets damaged.
Old 04-18-2003, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use PC putty instead of JB weld. Seems to be stronger and does not start out as a paste... it's a putty. You need it in your hands until the color becomes uniform and then apply it to any of your work. Make sure to get the one especially for metal and automotive use. Doesn't have a max temp spec and I am pretty sure it will handle the engine temp with no probs. I just don't like using the jb weld because it's a little hard to work with and didn't hold up for me a few times as it should've. PC Putty . Get it at your local hardware store.
Old 04-19-2003, 01:08 PM

Default Re: so i thought i had some blow by, well thats the least of my problems. (technine)

Cool, thanks a lot fellas.