Notices

So I need the Rom Editor software to tune my Hondata?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I need the Rom Editor software to tune my Hondata?

It didn't come with my Hondata because I didn't buy the Rom Editor. How am I supposed to tune it without the software?

I have the S200B with datalogging by the way.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So I need the Rom Editor software to tune my Hondata? (Hoosier Daddy)

yup- buy it
Old 12-19-2003, 02:22 PM

Default Re: So I need the Rom Editor software to tune my Hondata? (pissedoffsol)

So I just spent $600 and still can't tune my car?
Old 12-19-2003, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So I need the Rom Editor software to tune my Hondata? (Hoosier Daddy)

UHm.

"I didn't buy the rom editor so I don't have it. How do I get the rom editor?"

Is this what you are asking?
Old 12-19-2003, 02:54 PM

You will need the rom editor and a pocket programmer. To make the tuning easier you will also need the Romulator.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:01 PM

Default Re: So I need the Rom Editor software to tune my Hondata? (norcalcrx)

What if I had a shop tune it? Do I still need all the software?

Also, a friend of mine chips ECU's. Not sure if the Hondata brand stuff is necessary.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes a shop can tune it for you. The shop will need the software. That was the intention.

Your friend will not be able to "chip" a hondata ecu without the Rom editor software. Hondata replaces the standard honda software.

If your friend could "chip" ecus effectively enough, you wouldn't need Hondata.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:39 PM

Default Re: So I need the Rom Editor software to tune my Hondata? (dustin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dustin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes a shop can tune it for you. The shop will need the software. That was the intention.

Your friend will not be able to "chip" a hondata ecu without the Rom editor software. Hondata replaces the standard honda software.

If your friend could "chip" ecus effectively enough, you wouldn't need Hondata.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's true, but I don't want to hassle him with chipping all the time. So the shop most likely doesn't have the software and I need to buy it?
Old 12-19-2003, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, you could find a shop that does have the software.

Do you really want them tuning your car if they have never tuned a car with hondata before?
Old 12-19-2003, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Call RPM NYC or DRT in NY, I think they are both Hondata dealers/tuners.

Kyle
Old 12-19-2003, 03:47 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dustin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, you could find a shop that does have the software.

Do you really want them tuning your car if they have never tuned a car with hondata before?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No but I wasn't aware that shops that tune Hondata already have the software. I guess that's a plus.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:07 PM

Default Re: So I need the Rom Editor software to tune my Hondata? (2K_TEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2K_TEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Call RPM NYC or DRT in NY, I think they are both Hondata dealers/tuners.

Kyle</TD></TR></TABLE>

Two shops with the worst reputations. RPM for ripping off.
DRT, lets just say the street name is dominican racing thieves. Not saying thats what id call em, but when ever single person says the same thing, gotta be some truth.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So I need the Rom Editor software to tune my Hondata? (yellowfever)

I just know they have a good rep on here. I have never had them do any work for me.
Old 12-20-2003, 03:08 PM

Default Re: So I need the Rom Editor software to tune my Hondata? (yellowfever)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellowfever &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Two shops with the worst reputations. RPM for ripping off.
DRT, lets just say the street name is dominican racing thieves. Not saying thats what id call em, but when ever single person says the same thing, gotta be some truth.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Excuse me? What makes you say that I have a bad reputation? Rip off for what? Have you dealt with us?? Please explain.

Are you sayig that we are a rip off because we charge more than the average shop for quaility work and to give our customers the best service they deserve. If that's it then, yes, we are a ripe off. We have plenty of customers who are satisified on this site and in the tri-state area.

Please do not slander my name because you heard something from your friend's friend's cousin, who dated someone who knows someone who called us for a price quote.

Thanks

Modified by ekb18c at 4:20 PM 12/20/2003
Old 12-20-2003, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So I need the Rom Editor software to tune my Hondata? (ekb18c)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekb18c &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Excuse me? What makes you say that I have a bad reputation? Ripe off for what? Have you dealt with us?? Please explain.

Are you sayig that we are a ripe off because we charge more than the average shop for quaility work and to give our customers the best service they deserve. If that's it then, yes, we are a ripe off. We have plenty of customers who are satisified on this site and in the tri-state area.

Please do not slander my name because you heard something from your friend's friend's cousin, who dated someone who knows someone who called us for a price quote.

Thanks
</TD></TR></TABLE>

its rip not ripe (like a ripe peach), and its libel, not slander, as those words were written, not spoken.

-ryan
Old 12-20-2003, 03:19 PM

Default Re: So I need the Rom Editor software to tune my Hondata? (tegasaurus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegasaurus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

its rip not ripe (like a ripe peach), and its libel, not slander, as those words were written, not spoken.

-ryan</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yah, well engrish is my second language. heheh

Thanks for the lesson in english.
Old 12-20-2003, 03:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekb18c &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Excuse me? What makes you say that I have a bad reputation? Ripe off for what? Have you dealt with us?? Please explain.

Are you sayig that we are a ripe off because we charge more than the average shop for quaility work and to give our customers the best service they deserve. If that's it then, yes, we are a ripe off. We have plenty of customers who are satisified on this site and in the tri-state area.

Thanks
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not trying to get involved or anything, but does Adam Wilkks ring a bell?
Old 12-20-2003, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yah, well engrish is my second language. heheh

Thanks for the lesson in english.</TD></TR></TABLE>

anerytime
Old 12-20-2003, 03:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hoosier Daddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not trying to get involved or anything, but does Adam Wilkks ring a bell?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope, doesn't ring a bell. Want to fill me on it?
Old 12-20-2003, 03:32 PM

I've been to several shops to have work done on my two cars in NJ and NY. I've been to both shops mentioned. Prices are what they are and each person should find a shop they are comfortable with in terms of pricing as well as quality of work. I'll say RPM does excellent work and actually care about the work they do. I don't know what work you had done there or what they charged you for it, but if you didn't like their work, then don't go back. It's as simple as that. There are a lot of people that have gone to RPM and are completely happy with the work. EVERY shop will have people that liked the work or not. I personally wouldn't care about what ONE person says or thinks.
Old 12-20-2003, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So I need the Rom Editor software to tune my Hondata? (Anubyss)

I've been to RPM and found that their customer service is great. Tom spent a lot of time explaining the dos and donts of building my motor. Unfortunately, the 2 blocks I brought were not good to re-hone for the stock bore pistons I had... Both of my blocks were returned unhoned and Tom told me he could have honed one, but after a few months it would smoke...
RPM also upgraded my 2b to and S200b - The thing is my case said it was a 2nn, and the chip said it was a 2b. Tom took the time to test mine out on another car and wrote a letter to hondata certifying it was indeed a 2b, thus helping me upgrade.
I now got a sleeved block and intend to to get my system tuned at RPM. They may be a bit more expensive, but they know their stuff
Old 12-20-2003, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you want hondata tuning NRG is where you wanna go!!!!...Check them out
631-243-6674
Old 12-20-2003, 10:24 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: So I need the Rom Editor software to tune my Hondata? (tegasaurus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegasaurus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

-ryan</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's rip and not ripe . Libel is a better choice of words since slander is used for spoken accusations that are not true.

Wow !! Nothing like a person using incorrect english to correct another person's small but understandable grammatical errors. I suck when it comes to written english and I only complain when people fail to use capitalization, fail to use puntuation properly, make run-on paragraphs that do not flow or write like a ricer with alternating upper and lower case letters.

Thank you and have a nice day! Please feel free to correct my gross misuse of the engrish language

Old 12-20-2003, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (i want a civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by i want a civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you want hondata tuning NRG is where you wanna go!!!!...Check them out
631-243-6674 </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah call NRG, lets get back on topic ask little Tom. If not them Id recommend Torin, but he's a drive from LI
Old 12-20-2003, 10:54 PM

Default Re: So I need the Rom Editor software to tune my Hondata? (Dee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's rip and not ripe . Libel is a better choice of words since slander is used for spoken accusations that are not true.

Wow !! Nothing like a person using incorrect english to correct another person's small but understandable grammatical errors. I suck when it comes to written english and I only complain when people fail to use capitalization, fail to use puntuation properly, make run-on paragraphs that do not flow or write like a ricer with alternating upper and lower case letters.

Thank you and have a nice day! Please feel free to correct my gross misuse of the engrish language

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: So I need the Rom Editor software to tune my Hondata?