Notices

So. I am finally getting a JRSC for my 00 EM1. Sleeper style with questions?

Old 09-04-2006, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So. I am finally getting a JRSC for my 00 EM1. Sleeper style with questions?

The car is a EBP 00 Si, stock everything on the outside with the excpetion it has LS mesh wheels on it with wider tires. Stock suspension, etc.....

The engine is modded with an AEM SRI, DC Sports 4- header, ACCEL wires, ACCEL coil, and thats about it engine wise.

1. Can I use the SRI with the JRSC? IF not what do I have to do to make it fit?
2. Exhaust is stock, and I am sure will cost me some hp. Can I install a cutout on the
exhaust so that when I need it, its ready to run? Any gain in this? Some people
have expressed their opinion it will just cause noise and thats it.
3. Will I be better off getting a CAI? I read one guy here gained 15 hp with one.
4. Any mods to do to the charger pre install? I really wanna hear it whine.
5. A Honda IM gasket help with intake temps?
Old 09-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So. I am finally getting a JRSC for my 00 EM1. Sleeper style with questions? (bonylad)

go turbo forget that crap...
Old 09-04-2006, 10:32 AM

Default Re: So. I am finally getting a JRSC for my 00 EM1. Sleeper style with questions? (XX Boosted Si XX)

Congrats on getting the sc. I don't know about an Si, but when I supercharged my Prelude, I had to literally cut my AEM CAI in half with a saw to make it fit.

Since then I've made my own short ram and attatched an HKS filter, and the throttle response is much better. I would stick with the SRI, and just make the necessary cuts to make it fit.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So. I am finally getting a JRSC for my 00 EM1. Sleeper style with questions? (XX Boosted Si XX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by XX Boosted Si XX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go turbo forget that crap...</TD></TR></TABLE>

the most he will probably see is 200 whp post some graphs when your done
Old 09-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So. I am finally getting a JRSC for my 00 EM1. Sleeper style with questions? (1Quikgsr)

I recommend tuning it. Should get a lot better results. I would also upgrade the exhuast. Putting a cutout would help, but why not always have it on tap, and not have to worry about the excess noise and hassle. Are you refering to the hondata intake gasket? I would get it.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So. I am finally getting a JRSC for my 00 EM1. Sleeper style with questions? (bonylad)

look into an LHT intercooler + hondata!
Old 09-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So. I am finally getting a JRSC for my 00 EM1. Sleeper style with questions? (nickromeo)

and how is that accel coil hooked up ? with that cap?
Old 09-04-2006, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So. I am finally getting a JRSC for my 00 EM1. Sleeper style with questions? (nickromeo)

No, the coil is an internal unit. Puts out like 20% more current.

The exhaust is an issue in that I dont want the noise. I just took off a Hayame cat back because it was deafening.

I dont care if I get less than 200 whp. Just wanna add a little bite to a stock looking Si.

I will get it tuned def. Thats when i get some more money to convert to OBD 1 and find a tuner in my area.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bonylad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
1. Can I use the SRI with the JRSC? IF not what do I have to do to make it fit?
2. Exhaust is stock, and I am sure will cost me some hp. Can I install a cutout on the
exhaust so that when I need it, its ready to run? Any gain in this? Some people
have expressed their opinion it will just cause noise and thats it.
3. Will I be better off getting a CAI? I read one guy here gained 15 hp with one.
4. Any mods to do to the charger pre install? I really wanna hear it whine.
5. A Honda IM gasket help with intake temps? </TD></TR></TABLE>

1) Yup, you'll definitely need to modify it though.
2) It's your headers that are going to kill you. Look into getting a kamikaze setup, makes a hell of a difference.
3) Yes, CAI is going to keep your IATs down thus get you more power. It becomes more of an aid after heat soak sets in, underhood temps are scorching hot in those situations and an SRI only makes it worse.
4) Look into getting it ported, will help with IATs and keep blower stress down. If you're going to up the boost... do it BEFORE you install, changing a blower pulley once it's on the car requires you to take it off again anyhow.
5) Can't hurt.

Any questions, check out the 215 page JRSC thread. Stupid amounts of info in there.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a stock exhaust will definatley hurt your numbers...Look into an RSR Ex-Mag..they flow quite well and sound and look pretty close to stock.