Notices

this is so bull$h!t!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is so bull$h!t!!!!!

ok so i drop my car off about a week ago at a friends shop for him to work on. and i come to pick up my car today hearing some state whatever guy came check up on him etc. and sees my car and takes a picture of it saying this and that is illegal in my car.

what bad luck is that my friend said that guy hasnt come for 9 months and he shows up when i drop my car off. wtf is up with that? now im scared he might send home a ref ticket or something.

is he even allowed to take pics of my car when my car is at the shop and he takes the pic without my permission? what do i do? plz help thanks.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:05 PM

Default Re: this is so bull$h!t!!!!! (egturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok so i drop my car off about a week ago at a friends shop for him to work on. and i come to pick up my car today hearing some state whatever guy came check up on him etc. and sees my car and takes a picture of it saying this and that is illegal in my car.

what bad luck is that my friend said that guy hasnt come for 9 months and he shows up when i drop my car off. wtf is up with that? now im scared he might send home a ref ticket or something.

is he even allowed to take pics of my car when my car is at the shop and he takes the pic without my permission? what do i do? plz help thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

damn.. between emissions and bad cops.. you guys got it rough out there is cali..
Old 07-14-2004, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok so i drop my car off about a week ago at a friends shop for him to work on. and i come to pick up my car today hearing some state whatever guy came check up on him etc. and sees my car and takes a picture of it saying this and that is illegal in my car.

is he even allowed to take pics of my car when my car is at the shop and he takes the pic without my permission? what do i do? plz help thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, I don't think he can do anything. You could always say that the stuff was there for an up-coming race and you were going to take it off after that weekend. Yeah, he probably won't believe you, but **** him, he can't prove otherwise.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:15 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: this is so bull$h!t!!!!! (t04ecvc)

tell him it was in the shop to have all of that stuff taken off.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that sux!! Tell him it is for show
Old 07-14-2004, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its your track car right?

it doesn't have to be street legal
Old 07-14-2004, 03:01 PM

Default Re: this is so bull$h!t!!!!! (MachAF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MachAF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its your track car right?

it doesn't have to be street legal</TD></TR></TABLE>

umm its a street car. my friend has a smog shop and auto repair i just left my car for him to rewire alot of stuff. and that ****** is supposed to come every six months but he didnt come for 9 months. all of a sudden he had to come with i dropped off my car.

he's some under cover state guy. omg such bad luck i hope im ok. but main thing is i did not give him permission to take a pic of my car. im so pissed/scared at the same time. dude u know its illegal for shops to do swaps nowadays. even installing headers/head whatever that has to deal with emissions. sooo stupid cali sucks.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:21 PM

We here have some cops that will follow you home so they know where you live and then they tell their friends. Before you know it the car is gone.

I can't prove it but I know where to avoid.

Don't worry about it man, what they going to do give you a ticket??
Old 07-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Say that its a race car! Not as if he sees it driving in the road!

Tell them, why not go to the Nascar, La Man, etc.. NRHA...
and take pictures there! Because its legal to have race cars! Just not on the road. How would he know?
Old 07-14-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Re: this is so bull$h!t!!!!! (synik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by synik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Say that its a race car! Not as if he sees it driving in the road!

Tell them, why not go to the Nascar, La Man, etc.. NRHA...
and take pictures there! Because its legal to have race cars! Just not on the road. How would he know?</TD></TR></TABLE>

my friend said he looks at the plates and saw that it was registered and his race car was there too he looked at my friends race only car and said if its not a street car then the licenses plate should be taken off