Notices

Silly idea that im sure has been covered before.... S/C + Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Silly idea that im sure has been covered before.... S/C + Turbo

A few weeks ago I was looking at big detriot engines and I noticed some of them were supercharged and turbocharged. They use the supercharger to make enough gasses to spool up the HUGE turbo on it at a reasonable RPM. Anyways that night I was dreaming about Putting a blower on a turbo caddy 500ci I have to decrease spool time, so it made me also think about my turbo honda... hmm..

Now JRSC replaces the intake manifold (that would of been replaces on a build anyway). after looking at dyno charts of the high HP guys on here they dont get good boost until like 5k rpm or so, then they start putting out 500+hp. If You used a JRSC aswell I belive in theory you could probably spool that turbo up maybe even a few thosand RPM's lower and/or atleast have boost off the line.

Obviously it would be heavy, cost more but if you did this It could drastically decrease boost lag, but then again it would probably act as a restrictor in the high RPM's

What are your guys opinion on this? (besides waste of money)

Old 04-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Silly idea that im sure has been covered before.... S/C + Turbo (N20civicB18)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by N20civicB18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Obviously it would be heavy, cost more but if you did this It could drastically decrease boost lag, but then again it would probably act as a restrictor in the high RPM's

What are your guys opinion on this? (besides waste of money)</TD></TR></TABLE>

It will work, its not something tuff, but the supercharger will slow the turbocharger down since it will end up flowing more. Get a supercharger to feed after the throttle body merging together .

Go look at group b rally cars. They did this. They were very fast mid-engine 4wd rally cars. I'm talking 0-60 2.3 seconds on dirt fast.

But theres one BIG problem.. ITS CALL FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
Old 04-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Silly idea that im sure has been covered before.... S/C + Turbo (MidShipCivic)

200lb/ft of torque at any low launch rpm in a fwd honda will suck unless you have some wide *** slicks, traction bars, a smooth road, and a good suspention. For the same price, you can get a ball bearing or ceramic bearing turbo and other items that will decrease lag by a large margin.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Silly idea that im sure has been covered before.... S/C + Turbo (HiProfile)

Hmm yeah tire spin would be hard to control... if spinning tire was not an issue (always will be) How do you guys think it would work or problems it would come into?
Old 04-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Silly idea that im sure has been covered before.... S/C + Turbo (N20civicB18)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by N20civicB18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmm yeah tire spin would be hard to control... if spinning tire was not an issue (always will be) How do you guys think it would work or problems it would come into?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Grip = always good

Place your engine behind the rear wheels.